It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Respected Foes/ How do I get them?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hello, I am new, and the first time I log in I notice I had a "U2U" red button, I clicked it and it was a message page and I had a message that someone had added me as a "Respected Foe" this doesn't sound good, I don't want to make foes here and I never chatted with this person for them to make me a foe. I tried to respond to them and apologize for whatever I did but I couldn't yet since it says I need at least 20 post???
Heeelp I don't want foes, no foes please!

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Wouldnt worry about it...
I looked at your Foe and it seems most of ATS share this user as their foe.

Probably doesnt see eye to eye with your religious views...but what do I know, just a guess.

Either way, doesnt really matter.
"I see no enemy here" - Ben Hur

If it makes you feel better I will add you to my friend list.

Of course you dont get a U2U for friends, just to let you know.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Thanks

I just wonder how he knows about my religious beliefs since I have never posted here yet.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I knew who it was before I checked your profile. Don't sweat it, I think he's "foed" damn near everyone.

Welcome aboard btw.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Ok thaks, I will just stay away from mr Yahn goody for safe measure.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
There are glitches in the ATS system that put these things up. It's often a confusion on the part of the system about names that are in common with others except for minor spelling variations. (Computer system may not ever make mistakes but programmers are another story.
)

Personally, I pay no attention to my foe list or my friends list. I know which are which from contact that my original cumputational device (brain) recorded.

Don't stress over it, it really means very little in the long run.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Wow, he friended me somewhere down the line. Sheesh, backwards as usual...

Seriously, I always thought the key word was RESPECTED foe, so if someone were to 'foe' me (only 1 person so far), I would take it as a type of compliment, although I would prefer friend.

TheRedneck

[edit on 20-6-2008 by TheRedneck]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
lmao, yahn must sit there refreshing the member list so he can foe every new member. what's even funnier than his 1,739 (and counting) foes are the 517 friends. this guy foes everyone so how do you become a friend?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ObamaMomma

Well, whether you want foes on ATS or not, it will happen. Especially with the name you've picked there, ObamaMomma.

I could care less personally, but your name shows your 100% allegiance to the Presidential nominee Barak Hussein Obama, whether you picked it for that reason or not, people assume, and there are a lot of people who will hate you just because of the nickname.

I added someone to the foes list one time, and I actually got a whining comment on My profile about it, which I then deleted. I put them in the foe column because they showed what I felt was ignorance within a thread I created, but instead of calling them ignorant, just chose to add them to ignore.

No one wants foes, but you tend to get them when it comes to politically charged areas.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Oh, you earned Foe status with me.
Your racists comments on the "there will be Riots" thread.
You pretending to be who you aren't.
I'm not sure if racism is worse than ignorance or just the epitome of ignorance, but I deny it, as the motto goes.
...I have to check, but I think you may be my first and only foe.
Nice thread, I see your grammer and spelling improved too.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Don't you mean GRAMMAR.......sorry......couldn't resist

Carry on

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
my only foe is incarnated, "the jesus, michael archangel guy" could i get the respect part deleted? lol

kidding aside, or is it?

nothing to worry

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

I got 2 foes

BUT I'M SOOO NICE

It MUST be that glitch you're talking about..
(I actually checked their lists and there are other 'agents' but I didn't see me.)

Man I gotta get me some more controversy..

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Don't you mean GRAMMAR.......sorry......couldn't resist

Carry on

Nice, I meant to drop the "g" in spelling to make my point but messing up grammar would have done the trick (if on purpose) good smack down

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Sorry...I wasn't trying to be an ass. I just saw the irony in your post and couldn't help but respond.

Hope I don't get added to the foe list
I have a few too many as is.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
So what if you are designated as someone's "friend" and they didn't friend you and you didn't friend them?

I guess you can never have too many firends, but still, I feel as though I need a drink.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ObamaMomma

you don't have to worry about me spewing hatred so relax and the reason i added you to my list of respected "foes" is just as spartankingleonidas stated-----your screen name says it all----it advertises your political beliefs------which are totally opposite to mine which are zionist and extreme right wing.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

yes you are correct it was not my doing that caused ats computor "skynet" to decide to make you my respected "foe".
can only guess that it is suspicious of you for some unknown reason to me?

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

i thought redneck was equivalent to the term extreme right wing.
was i mistaken?
that wasn't the only reason i friended you------your posts indicate that you appear to believe in similar ethics that i also believe----even if our religious beliefs are not bang on the same at the present time.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

quote:this guy foes everyone so how do you become a friend ?

come on now,i added you to my list of friends when you gave me 500 points awhile back for telling the truth about why some un observers got themselves blown up for assisting hizbollah to murder idf troops in lebanon.

i had no intentions of ever using the ats "foe" system until a couple of the mods deducted 20 points 1 thread and 1000 points on another when i didn't think it was justified but its ats rules not to argue with the mods so not much i could do about it.

anyway i stopped posting for awhile to try stay out of trouble and tried to think of a better way to communicate------and using the "foe" system is part of that way.

i either get "loved" more or "loved" less which is fine by me and several "foes" now have become my friends-----which is great!

there are over 140,000 members so its highly unlikely that i will be able to find the time to determine which of my 2 lists they all belong in--------but i do aim to try if my first profile page will fit everyone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join