It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Cheney be Impeached?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The outing of CIA Operative Valerie Plane IMHO came from the Vice Presidents office. The quick pardon of Lewis "Scooter" Libby clearly shows he took the fall for the VP and this doesn't help his image one bit!

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A former Bush spokesman said Friday he did not think the president knew about the leak of a CIA agent's identity, but refused to give the same assurances about Vice President Dick Cheney.
McClellan can't exonerate Cheney in CIA leak affair

This is clearly a Conspiracy of the treasonous kind. Her husband would not go along with this administrations story about yellow cake from Nigeria, because the story wasn't true, so they publicly blew her cover.

In United States v. Libby, the jury convicted Libby on four of the five counts in the indictment: one count of obstruction of justice; two counts of perjury; and one count of making false statements to federal investigators Libby is "the highest-ranking White House official convicted in a government scandal since National Security Adviser John Poindexter in the Iran-Contra affair two decades ago."
wikipedia

He lied!!! For the VP!!!!

Just One More Thing!

The lawyer for US vice-president Dick Cheney claimed today that the Congress lacks any authority to examine his behaviour on the job.

The exception claimed by Cheney's counsel came in response to requests from congressional Democrats that David Addington, the vice-president's chief of staff, testify about his involvement in the approval of interrogation tactics used at Guantanamo Bay.
Cheney lawyer claims Congress has no authority over vice-president

I beg to differ, Congress Does indeed have the right!! It's Called Checks and balances and to stop this type of behavior from this position in the future, they Must! Exert there authority on this issue!!

Contempt of Congress IMHO is a impeachable offense.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by LDragonFire]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hell Yeah The Snake Cheney Should Be Impeached , Along With Bush And The Whole Damn Lot Of Em ! After The Impeachment Then Take Them Out And Execute Them All As Traitors To America !

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
A bit vitriolic but Cheney will go down in history as one of the worst "leaders" this country has ever seen. I'm sure more and more will be uncovered.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Both Bush and Cheney will be out of office in less than a year.

Why bother to spend the money to impeach them?
Granted, it would give some congress people something to do instead of helping their constituents. (But, they seem to be quite good at finding alternatives to helping those who voted them in :shk: )

If folks think there is enough to prosecute either Cheney of Bush, why not wait until they are out of office?

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Both Bush and Cheney will be out of office in less than a year.

Why bother to spend the money to impeach them?
Granted, it would give some congress people something to do instead of helping their constituents. (But, they seem to be quite good at finding alternatives to helping those who voted them in :shk: )

If folks think there is enough to prosecute either Cheney of Bush, why not wait until they are out of office?

I feel both broke the law, but Cheney IMO is the worst one of the two. Are we going to hold either one accountable if laws were indeed broken or do you think they [PTB] will just let it slide?

We need to enforce the checks and balances that these two have had a hand in breaking down.

While I feel Bush is guilty of war crimes I feel Cheney is guilty of both war crimes and treason and Congress must stand up to these people.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Richard Armitage, a Clinton holdover, was responsible for the so-called Plame leak.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Former Deputy Secretary of State Richard L. Armitage said yesterday that he believes he was the initial source for a 2003 newspaper column by Robert D. Novak that disclosed the CIA's previously secret employment of Valerie Plame, the wife of a prominent critic of the U.S. war in Iraq.

Armitage said that he learned about Plame's employment from a State Department memo that did not mention her covert status, and that he had no knowledge of it at the time. In 40 years of reading classified materials, Armitage said in a telephone interview, "I have never seen in a memo . . . a covert agent's name."

How come when the media or anyone else talks about the so-called Plame leak, Armitage's name never comes up? I think they are just ignoring it to keep the uninformed in their preferred state.

You can't impeach the President or the Vice-President just because you don't agree with their policies, and you can't impeach simply because you don't like them. Kind of childish if you ask me.

top topics

join