It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops chase UFO over cardiff UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
this story is all over the press in the uk heres some links :-

www.thesun.co.uk...

afp.google.com...

Interesting stuff eh?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ihatealiens

Wow, i wonder if there'll be anything on the bbc about it tonight.

Nice thread

Would be better with a photo or something though but what i found weird was that the pilot couldn't see the UFO with night vision goggles on.
Maybe there's hundreds in our skies every night which we can't see.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Find it odd that the heli was able to work but the recording instruments for what ever reason did not catch the object.

What I find disturbing is what the MoD said...

The MoD, which usually investigates UFO sightings, said: “We’ve heard nothing about this. But it is certainly not advisable for police helicopters to go chasing what they think are UFOs.

www.thesun.co.uk...

Wonder if the MoD will not only be advising public authorities as to what to do when in contact with UFO's but also the general public?

Usually direction but an organization or institution would indicate knowledge of how to approach similar situations based on experience.

Wig

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I could have posted this first at about 5PM UK time, but I only just remembered, to do it now, and I found I was beaten to it.

The story as originally published can be read here
www.walesonline.co.uk...

The front page as originally seen can be seen (part of) here (link will be dead by tomorrow.)
www.newsstand.com... g=N&mediaFormat=1

Comments about and oddities I noticed in the story

1) MOD spokesperson said that RAF St Athan had no MOD personnel on the base at the time.... Yeah right!

2) Object could not be seen on night vision.... night vision is heat or infra red or both - but there's nothing to say it was dark when this happened. Indeed the story says it happened "today" which implies daylight hours. The paper is published in the afternoon.

3) Where did the guy Terry Phillips enter the storyline? Who was he, did he see it? The story does not say, just that he phoned 101 (police non emergency No.)

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I think the key words here are..

"Near a military base".

People shouldn't kid themselves,if they were getting too close to a secret military craft,even police are dispensable..

The M.O.D?? "Not advisable"?? Speaks volumes too.
They obviously have this topic covered.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kyle-2302

It has been on the news in Wales. people saw it from the ground, I`ve been told. The news report said the crew did not wish to be named. The crew had made a statement saying they could'nt beleive what they were seeing, and it was a disc and that they followed it.

Wig

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
I think the key words here are..

"Near a military base".

People shouldn't kid themselves,if they were getting too close to a secret military craft,even police are dispensable..

It's not that sort of military base, and the police copter lives there, hence they were attempting to land.

google map

[edit on 20/6/2008 by Wig]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Sorry, already posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please contribute to an existing thread:

Thread Closed
Mod Note: ATS Search – Please Use This Link.
Mod Note: Repeat Topics – Please Review This Link.

new topics

top topics

join