It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House exerts executive privilege to hide global warming documents.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

White House exerts executive privilege to hide global warming documents.

thinkprogress.org

President Bush today exerted executive privilege to block the House Oversight Committee’s subpoenas for EPA documents on global warming, heading off a scheduled contempt vote for EPA Administrator Stephen Johnson and White House Office of Management and Budget regulatory administrator Susan Dudley.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Henry Waxman’s (D-CA):

I don’t think we’ve had a situation like this since Richard Nixon was president. When the President of the United States, may have been involved in acting contrary to law and the evidence that would determine that question for Congress, in exercising our oversight, is being blocked by an assertion of executive privilege. I would hope and expect this administration would not be making this assertion without a valid basis for it, but to date I have not seen a valid instance of their executive privilege.

I wonder what it is they are trying to hide? Could it be a changing climate directly linked to human activity?

What ever it is it is obvious Bush still has no regard for the law and is still regularly thumbing his nose at the American public. Thank gods this is almost over.

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-6-2008 by Animal]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
he is more than likely hiding the results from the epa saying that global warming is total bs.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
.........What ever it is it is obvious Bush still has no regard for the law and is still regularly thumbing his nose at the American public. Thank god this is almost over.

don't relax yet......that crazy nutjob McCain is next ! then we will really be sorry !

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bamaoutlaw

I love your sense of humor!

It is a little dark, but I would have to say still very funny.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

President Bush today exerted executive privilege to block the House Oversight Committee’s subpoenas...

What's the big secret? Does he actually think the administration's actions are unknown? Or is he just hoping they'll be considered 'unknowable?'

I wonder if ANY of his advisers on this matter are actually sober.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
No way! The White House keeping secrets from the nation? Now I have seen everything![sarcasm]

Whatever Bush knows we probably already figured it out. There is no global warming caused by us. It is a climate change, it has happened before and it will most likely happen again.

new topics

top topics

join