It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lab-Grown Meat a Reality, But Who Will Eat It?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
I wouldn't eat that, it's like flesh and muscles that are never used, no blood or taste probably and it looks disgusting too.

I am sick of the thought that they would like to give us lab food only so they can make more profits.

"it tastes like, despair."

from the tv show, Better off Ted.
the company on the show was trying to make the lab meat and asked
the taster how it tasted. lol

actually they could make a tasty product, all you need is some quality
fat and make a meat loaf roast.

as to growing an off the vine, oven ready product, that prbably would take awhile.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
If it tastes the same and costs less money, I'll be eating it without a doubt, why wouldn't you?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
This is actually an important topic, this lab grown meat will, if it becomes successful, a cheaper, more economically sound way of getting meat, I recently read this article and have posted it on another thread, but this one seems to be getting more responses so I'll link it here too, this lists potential benefits of the lab grown meat, if it is shown to be safe (Yes I realize many wouldn't agree with the government saying it's safe.)

'Future Flesh' Article

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
within 10yrs people will have 'meat makers' in their homes similar to bread makers. You add a drop of liquid, turn the device on and 5 days later have a nice pack of ground beef... or chicken.. pork or fish. This is great stuff but the meat industry is going to go completely nuts trying to stop this. It will likely be a disinfo campaign to turn people off of the idea. And then there will be those on ATS claiming cultured meat is a plot managed by shape shifting reptilians.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
This is going to be fought on all fronts I guess, there will be lots of disinfo on this in the future, mostly over loss of profits in the meat industry, and don't get started with the reptile alien conspiracies that will spring up, especially considering when you can grow any meat this way.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
After having a read, wow.. if they can pull this off that will sure be something. I was shocked to see 1 million chickens are killed per hour in the US alone. I also love the talk of exotic meats (snow leopard, komodo dragon, dinosaur) very cool.. Although could be creepy eating human.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I do like the idea of exotic meats, but the human thing, I guess people would be curious, there will almost certainly be a market for it, no matter how creepy. No one is killed, so no real moral reason, just personal taste I guess, if you'll excuse the pun.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
You know, if I could trust the source, then I might just eat some of it. The problem is, will this be as nutritious as regular meat? Same minerals and stuff, or will it be a nutritionless sheet of stuff? But, really, a lot of our food is depleted anyway, you still need to supplement.

I guess I'm on the fence. Really depends on how it works out.

Troy

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
It may sound barbaric, but I'd prefer a real cow to some piece of meat grown in a lab.

The idea of 'schmeat' is pretty disgusting.

Even spell check agrees.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Hmmm I eat meat when its given to me, but if meat eating stopped tomorrow i wouldn't batter an eyelid and would be quite happy, from my own moral view point farming an animal for its meat is wrong given the possibilities at what we have these days for food, not to mention the fact theres no biological reason we eat the stuff given our digestive systems and other more bowl friendly sources of all those supposedly 'essential meat only' chemicals and things meat keeps being advertised as providing are more energy efficient not to mention alot better for you.

Heck why is it these days meat IS the meal, rather than just a small portion of the whole?... no wonder humanity is screwed.

But this franken meat just doesnt sound appetizing at all... I think ill stick to Soya Bean meat substitutes and TVP, at least its grown naturally, and with some effort just as tasty and just as good a source of protien. And i think ill get my iron from green foods
... like where supposed to.

Heck i wish they'd hybridize and breed a tuber vegetable that had such a high protien level that it was like eating meat. Now THAT id happy eat.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
if it tastes good then im all for it,↲2nd line here

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Schmeat gets my vote, I'm looking forward to it.

On the whole, humanity needs to look to the future and embrace technology like this fully.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join