It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Machine that predicts the future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
mostuseful.co.uk...

Developed by a scientist who had an interest in paranormal. Its a machine that churns out binary code but is affected by peoples consciousness. It was seen to be manipulated by normal people off the street trying to focus on a certain pattern (heads or tails). Really interesting article. Im sorry if its been posted before.

Some quotes:

Dr John Hartwell, working at the University of Utrecht in the Netherlands, was the first to uncover evidence that people could sense the future. In the mid 1970s he hooked people up to hospital EEG machines so that he could study their brainwave patterns. When these people were shown emotionally charged cartoons, characteristic patterns flickered through their brainwaves. Strangely, these patterns began to emerge a few seconds before they actually saw the pictures.

One of these new technologies was a humble looking black box known was a Random Event Generator. This used sophisticated technology to generate two numbers - a one and a zero - in a totally random sequence, rather like an electronic coin-flipper. The pattern of ones and noughts - ‘heads' and ‘tails' as it were - can then be printed out as a graph. Pure chance dictates that the generators should churn out equal numbers of ones and zeros which produces a more or less flat line on a graph. Any deviation from this shows up as a gently rising curve. During the late 1970s, Professor Jahn hauled strangers off the street and asked them to concentrate their minds on a number generator. In effect, he was asking them to try to make it flip more heads than tails. It was a preposterous idea at the time, and to many it still is. The results, however, were stunning and have never been satisfactorily explained. Again and again, entirely ordinary people proved that their minds could influence the machines and produce significant fluctuations on the graph. According to all of the known laws of science, this should not have happened - but it did. And it kept on happening.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
i'm surprised this hasn't had any replies yet. i think it's fascinating. i encourage others to read the article. i can relate to it myself - there are mornings where i jolt awake and turn off my alarm a few seconds before it ticks over to the alarm time. it has nothing to do with routine, because it happened the other day when i needed to get up earlier than usual. neat stuff.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Thats very interesting although its kind of sad to think that we had to invent a machine just to try and proove it.

new topics

join