It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry is NOT a Religion!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Whether freemasonry is evil or not, it IS about social status and power. There are a lot of perks (whether legal or illegal) in being in the modern Freemason club/society which is a nice, legit, civil way of saying "gang". Though, instead of running drugs or prostitution rings, the members dress in capes, drink coffee and play dominoes.
Though I doubt any member of the masons are aware of the true history of Freemasonry as revealed by Manly P. Hall in his books. If they were, they would understand that Freemasonry was born out of ancient pagan beliefs and is, in fact, based in the occult. Just do your research, brothers.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Id sure be interested to know what those "perks" are. I think the reality is more like 0% perks and 100% giving (to charity etc.). People who join for perks are in for a gigantic dissappointment. But those who join seeking to contribute, relieve, support - others, are in for a good time.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Personally, I don't communicate to those to lazy to sign up - for free - to a DISCUSSION BOARD.

And don't lie Sky, we all get royalty checks from the Templar tressure.. der...

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Yep they will be in for a good time all right. Cause that what masonry is all about charity, charity, and more charity.

'Illustrious' Manley Palmer Hall 33°
The Secret Teachings of All Ages

"I hereby promise the Great Spirit Lucifer, Prince of Demons, that each year I will bring unto him a human soul to do with as as it may please him, and in return Lucifer promises to bestow upon me the treasures of the earth and fulfil my every desire for the length of my natural life. If I fail to bring him each year the offering specified above, then my own soul shall be forfeit to him. Signed..... [ Invocant signs pact with his own blood ] " page CIV

The Lost Keys Of Freemasonry

"When The Mason learns that the Key to the warrior on the block is the proper application of the dynamo of living power, he has learned the Mystery of his Craft. The seething energies of Lucifer are in his hands and before he may step onward and upward, he must prove his ability to properly apply this energy."

It must be great doing all that charity work and having such great people as Hall in the ranks.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Yes, but only if we promise to publicly pretend we dont get any.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Damn ... I'm not getting my check this month am I? ... To many rules in Masonry to follow damnit!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mantar

I am having a hard time telling if that was sarcastic lol....

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Ah, where to begin?

Originally posted by mantar

"I hereby promise the Great Spirit Lucifer, Prince of Demons, that each year I will bring unto him a human soul to do with as as it may please him, and in return Lucifer promises to bestow upon me the treasures of the earth and fulfil my every desire for the length of my natural life. If I fail to bring him each year the offering specified above, then my own soul shall be forfeit to him. Signed..... [ Invocant signs pact with his own blood ] " page CIV

Yep, right here on page 104 like you say. Oh wait. Page 104 is in the middle of the chapter on Ceremonial Black Magic and Sorcery. NOT in the chapter on Freemasonry.

Hmm, perhaps you do better with the next one?

"When The Mason learns that the Key to the warrior on the block is the proper application of the dynamo of living power, he has learned the Mystery of his Craft. The seething energies of Lucifer are in his hands and before he may step onward and upward, he must prove his ability to properly apply this energy."

Well Hall DID write that. In Chapter 5 it seems. No telling what he meant by it, as that's the only time the word Lucifer appears in the whole book. *shrug*

It must be great doing all that charity work and having such great people as Hall in the ranks.

It should be noted that Hall wrote those books something like 40 years before he even became a Mason. I guess we forgave him?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Big deal!!! most of us just donate the money from the checks to charity

[edit on 24-6-2008 by lost in the midwest]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Yep wrote it before becoming a mason and after that freemasonry welcomed him with open arms. Yep I shrug as well

The Lost Keys of Freemasonry or The Secret of Hiram Abiff

PUBLISHER’S FOREWORD

The steady demand and increasing popularity of this volume, of which eighteen thousand copies have been printed since it first appeared a few years ago, have brought the present revised and rearranged edition into being. The text can be read with profit by both new and old Mason, for within its pages lies an interpretation of Masonic symbolism which supplements the monitorial instruction usually given in the lodges. The leading Masonic scholars of all times have agreed that the symbols of the Fraternity are susceptible of the most profound interpretation and thus reveal to the truly initiated certain secrets concerning the spiritual realities of life. Freemasonry is therefore more than a mere social organization a few centuries old, and can be regarded as a perpetuation of the philosophical mysteries and initiations of the ancients. This is in keeping with the inner tradition of the Craft, a heritage from pre-Revival days.

The present volume will appeal to the thoughtful Mason as an inspiring work, for it satisfies the yearning for further light and leads the initiate to that Sanctum Sanctorum where the mysteries are revealed. The book is a contribution to Masonic idealism, revealing the profounder aspects of our ancient and gentle Fraternity - those unique and distinctive features which have proved a constant inspiration through the centuries.

FOREWORD

By REYNOLD E. BLIGHT, 33 degree, K. T

Opps my bad wrote it before becoming a mason but Reynold E. a 33rd degree says: The book is a contribution to Masonic idealism, revealing the profounder aspects of our ancient and gentle Fraternity - those unique and distinctive features which have proved a constant inspiration through the centuries.

Yep just a gentle Fraternity

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

As you are a mason i was wondering if you could give me some insight into the involvement that freemasons have with the "new world order" i am currently studying this and would like to know if you could give me some truths as to the actual involvement of freemasons in this please?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

First: Register to ATS.

Second: Prove to me the "new world order" even exist.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Third: Unless you are suggesting the NWO is somehow a Masonic religion, move it to its own thread, 'cause it don't belong here.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I've postulated in the past on ATS that the Freemasons could have been used in spreading British imperialism throughout the world. (more Old World Order than New World Order. - IMO, the NWO is more related to the powers of corporations rather that the power of nations)

I've just found parts of a book on Google books that seems to explore this very subject.

Builders of Empire: Freemasons and British Imperialism, 1717-1927

Has anyone heard of or read this book?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I feel drawn to join the Masons. If for the only reason that people of all religions are welcome and equal. Also for helping me understand the truth of our being. Also for the good works they do, the only bad part would be having to wait so long to be a shriner. I feel the exact opposite of the corruption theory. A close organization like that is tightly regulated and thus strictly monitored, minimizing corruption. I know, I was in the military for eight years. I always thought one had to asked to join though if a member thought he was worthy.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by christopherledwards

You just have to find a Mason and ask him. It's a lot easier than people seem to think.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by christopherledwards

In addition to what RuneSpider said, once you're a Master Mason, you're eligible to join the Shriners. In my state the minimum time between degrees is 2 weeks, though occasionally there can be dispensation from the Grand Lodge to move someone through the ranks quicker... Happened recently with a young man who was being shipped out to Iraq, so we got permission to run him through the 2nd and 3rd degree in the same evening. But for most people it will be 3-5 months from when you join to when you're a Master Mason eligible for membership in the Scottish Rite, York Rite or Shriners, or all three + others if you're really into collecting funny hats and lapel pins.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Wow. Mantar was banned after only one post. I was hoping he'd be able to reply so I could use my "Manly P. Hall is like Hillary Swank" analogy. I suppose I'll have to save that one for another day.

(How/why would a member be banned after one post with no warns? Guess he could have been someone previously banned from the same IP, but still kinda curious...)

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
I've postulated in the past on ATS that the Freemasons could have been used in spreading British imperialism throughout the world. (more Old World Order than New World Order. - IMO, the NWO is more related to the powers of corporations rather that the power of nations)

I've just found parts of a book on Google books that seems to explore this very subject.

Builders of Empire: Freemasons and British Imperialism, 1717-1927

Has anyone heard of or read this book?

I haven't heard of it but I'll definately look out for it, I'm about due a book buying binge.

I think that I may have alluded to a relationship between the Empire and the Freemasons in the past too (or did I dream it?) and I definately feel that there is an inference of passing the 'service to state' ideology to the natives, especially in India. I haven't investigated further but I am also somewhat inclined to believe that it was in part a means of reeling in the more wayward elements of the colonial class who 'went native'.

(more Old World Order than New World Order. - IMO, the NWO is more related to the powers of corporations rather that the power of nations)

I would vaguely beg to differ, the British Empire was in of itself a corporation and to some extent the City of London still retains that status. You may know this already but when SIS/MI6 was formed around 1919, they referred to themselves as 'Another form of Freemasonry'. There is something quite alluring in that. MI6 for the majority of existence has been peopled by business owners, particularly those with interests in former colonies. No co-incidence IMO considering some of the operations and activities that they involve themselves in. Particularly of note (and I'm going a little off topic here) is that Margaret Thatcher who seemingly sold the people out to the NWO (for want of a better term), was not only married to a executive of Burmah Oil (MI6 front) but her son now involves himself in coup d'etats.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

That at least sounds a bit more sensible than most of the CTs out there. There must have necessarily been some correlation between Freemasonry and the British Empire either in masonic opposition to it or collaboration with it...or both.

This plays into "The Empire never ended" - theories whereby powerful empires such as the Roman or British Empire continue to dominate in secret...which again plays into another theory of the last 1000 years of history having been a fight between the catholic church and Britian.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join