It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry is NOT a Religion!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fire_In_The_Minds_of_Men
If there were statistics preserved since the 18th century, Pantheism - definitely Universalism - would be most prevalent belief of its initiates.

What? This is just incorrect, and there is no reason to believe this. Do you have any primary or peer reviewed secondary source to back this up?

Hence, it is no wonder why Freemasonry has attracted an inordinate amount of heretics (by church standards) and outright occultists. The Western esoteric/occultist tradition has never believed in atheism; all of its practitioners thus meet the criteria of admission into Lodge.

Again, you have no evidence for this and there is no reason to believe this.

The above reasons are why Freemasonry has been condemned many times by numerous dogmatic religious institutions of differing denominations.

No, they are not. The actual peer reviewed research into masonic history is in agreement that the reason why some religious institutions do not like masonry is because it promotes a diversity of religious belief, which is obviously to diametrically opposed to most organized religion. The churches who dislike masonry are fearful that so much diversity and freedom of thought might harm their hold on power.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
My grandpa was high level Scottish Rites Mason of 40yrs

Said "Do not join !"
I trust in what he warns.

Never hear that about Christianity.

Anyone ever hear of a Christian that told you, Bible, it's not for you just move on ?

USE YOUR INTUITION ................THE MASONIC APOLOGISTS ARE LOW LEVEL BLUE LODGE WANT 2 BEES !.

YOU CAN'T GET TO HEAVEN VIA GOOD WORKS !

bfbwwiii.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
REVELATION 9:11 They have as king over them, the angel of the abyss; his name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in the Greek he has the name Apollyon. (NASB)

Abaddon and Apollyon both mean "destroyer." Who is this ruling demon called the "Destroyer," who is released from the Abyss during God's wrath on mankind in the last days of this age

Pentagon 9/11 A3 skywarrior passed low over Virginia Highest Masonic Temple of George Washington then did the odd turn and roll over Albert Pikes Masonic Tomb before heading back to level off @20ft and crashing into Pentagon Strong Wall Side, opposite of Rummy.

Wing's office workers job was to hunt terrorist and hunt down missing trillions.......work died with them.....found neither.............hmmmm.

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by vanosman
My grandpa was high level Scottish Rites Mason of 40yrs

Said "Do not join !"
I trust in what he warns.

Did you perhaps ask him why he said that? Or were you interested in jumping to conclusions and assuming it MUST mean there is something eeeevvvviiilllll going on?

Never hear that about Christianity.

Of course, seeing as how Christianity is a religion and Freemasonry is a fraternity, this sort of comparison is pointless. However, even if we were to accept the comparison - no offense, but you must not go out much. You hear it all the time about Christianity.

Anyone ever hear of a Christian that told you, Bible, it's not for you just move on ?

Yep.

USE YOUR INTUITION ................THE MASONIC APOLOGISTS ARE LOW LEVEL BLUE LODGE WANT 2 BEES !.

I don't know about you, but I prefer to use logical thinking and critical examination of the facts. The facts which state....there is no such thing as a "low level" or "high level" mason, and those masons that ARE on ATS seem to be mostly 32nd degree masons - which are the so oftten proclaimed "high degree masons" - even though we've told you people it doesn't mean anything.

YOU CAN'T GET TO HEAVEN VIA GOOD WORKS !

Thats nice. Its also your opinion, and it only fits your dogma.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by vanosman

I suggest you stop reading so much conspiracy blog spam - everything you just stated is not only wrong, it would take you all of 30 seconds googling to figure it out it was wrong.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

REVELATION 9:11 They have as king over them, the angel of the abyss; his name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in the Greek he has the name Apollyon. (NASB)

Abaddon and Apollyon both mean "destroyer." Who is this ruling demon called the "Destroyer," who is released from the Abyss during God's wrath on mankind in the last days of this age

Pentagon 9/11 A3 skywarrior passed low over Virginia Highest Masonic Temple of George Washington then did the odd turn and roll over Albert Pikes Masonic Tomb before heading back to level off @20ft and crashing into Pentagon Strong Wall Side, opposite of Rummy.

Wing's office workers job was to hunt terrorist and hunt down missing trillions.......work died with them.....found neither.............hmmmm.

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

Uh......wow!

Interesting theory you have there. That's...uh.......different! Yeah! Different!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness
...the reason why some religious institutions do not like masonry is because it promotes a diversity of religious belief...

That's what I said.

Freemasonic notions of "God" have been all-inclusive or amorphously defined ... Hence, it is no wonder why Freemasonry has attracted an inordinate amount of heretics...

As long as you believe in a "higher power" (be it as simple as a force or a "great architect") then you're in. Good, then. Well that includes practitioners of the kabbalah, hermeticism, theurgic magick, theosophy, alchemy, astrology, and all types of pantheistic new age hookey. ... "Hey, as long as they're not atheists...."

On the 19th century occult revival (whose superstars were Masons), there's a good article I read recently on a Masonic site. He actually doesn't name enough of them (the New Thought Movement is one area in which he has a big blind spot).

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

As long as you believe in a "higher power" (be it as simple as a force or a "great architect") then you're in. Good, then. Well that includes practitioners of the kabbalah, hermeticism, theurgic magick, theosophy, alchemy, astrology, and all types of pantheistic new age hookey. ...

Not meaning to go off topic, but do you really consider pantheism "new age hookey"? Would you consider Spinoza or Einstein, both pantheists, to be deceived by "hookiness"?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Not meaning to go off topic, but do you really consider pantheism "new age hookey"?

No. I consider, quote, "pantheistic new age," hookey.

It's the Hindi notions of pantheism that comprise the base-belief of "New Age"; much of the kookiness about the New Age (even New Thought) has a lot to do with Hinduism - or the Western bastardization thereof.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by Fire_In_The_Minds_of_Men]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Fire_In_The_Minds_of_Men

Really .. I never would have put New Age beliefs in line with "Hindu" per se .. Most New Age religions, cults, philosophies are based of "religions of old", offshoots of "paganism" and spirituality, typically rebelling against the standard major religions and their concepts, like organized religion for instance.

How and Why do you consider New Age to be Hindu?

And whats wrong if the New Age Pantheism is Hindu?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Really .. I never would have put New Age beliefs in line with "Hindu" per se ..

Then you don't know much about the New Age. Here's a small introduction if you would like an overview. A more complete investigation would be do do the following search, and then buy and read some of the books which go into the details.

As far as justifications for or against certain religious concepts - I won't go there.

It is enough that I have pointed out correctly that Freemasonry welcomes with open arms occultists, pantheists (Hindu or Buddhist), new agers, even pagans, etc., etc. The reason for that is precisely the cherished requirement that its initiates only believe in "God" as an amorphous concept typified by the abstraction, the "Great Architect of the Universe."

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Interesting...

So who SHOULD Freemasonry admit?

I am a "Pagan' for lack of a better word.. I do not follow any "traditional" religion, organized or unorganized..

Think any less of me for it?

However, I do not see your reasoning for distaste for Masonry as unique, many, many people despise Masonry for "welcoming" the likes of occultist, pagans, new agers, and many various other religions.

Freemasonry, not being a religion, does not require you to subscribe to one specific religion.. Freemasonry is not Christian.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

A more complete investigation would be do do the following search, and then buy and read some of the books which go into the details.

While it's true that your Amazon search produces 2085 results for Hinduism + "New Age", it's worth noting that Paganism + "New Age" produces 1742 results... nothing to sneeze at.
Heck, Christianity + "New Age" produces 3000 results.

It is enough that I have pointed out correctly that Freemasonry welcomes with open arms occultists, pantheists (Hindu or Buddhist), new agers, even pagans, etc., etc. The reason for that is precisely the cherished requirement that its initiates only believe in "God" as an amorphous concept typified by the abstraction, the "Great Architect of the Universe."
Yes, you have pointed this out, and yes, I agree that this is, in fact the case.

I can't quite tell what your opinion of that fact is though. So far I haven't seen you outright condemn Freemasonry for having such an open policy, just 3 or 4 posts asserting that such openness is there, which it is, and that that's caused us grief and persecution in the past, which it has.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Yes, you have pointed this out, and yes, I agree that this is, in fact the case.

That you agree is more than enough for me. Maybe you'll stick up for me then when Light comes by to contradict me not on substance or facts, but for the sole reason that the post was written by what he perceives as his enemy (so it couldn't possibly have any validity coming from an "anti").

My thoughts on the matter are merely that I am correct. I didn't need your confirmation for this, obviously (because I was right), but it is notable just the same.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Perhaps other then a pompous arrogant response, you might address the issue and the question posed to you.

But of course, we needn't see your response as we know the answer and we where all right to begin with.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

That you agree is more than enough for me. Maybe you'll stick up for me then when Light comes by to contradict me not on substance or facts, but for the sole reason that the post was written by what he perceives as his enemy (so it couldn't possibly have any validity coming from an "anti").

My thoughts on the matter are merely that I am correct. I didn't need your confirmation for this, obviously (because I was right), but it is notable just the same.
Contrary to what you may perceive, I don't automatically endorse the posts of other Masons just because they are brothers. As we so often like to point out, nobody speaks for Masonry. We're all just individual voices with our own opinions... there's no party line to tow.

It is perhaps worth pointing out that my particular lodge is fairly open minded. I do hear stories of other lodges in my city where race and religion barriers may still exist. It saddens me that they're not more open, but they're old guard and not particularly receptive to progress. I can't change them, but I can be active in my own lodge and make it as welcoming as possible to all who would wish to join it, regardless of race, religion or sexual orientation.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Perhaps other then a pompous arrogant response,

My response to JoshNorton was no such thing.

I'm really close to making a comment on your intelligence here ... but I'll stop myself.

you might address the issue and the question posed to you.

Your questions? I just felt like ignoring you. Waddya think of that?

we know the answer and we where all right to begin with.

Answer to what? Right about what? [Feel free to ignore all you want]

[edit on 23-6-2008 by Fire_In_The_Minds_of_Men]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Answer to what? Right about what?
Well, you've presented some facts, but no thesis. Masonry is open. You've said it, I've said it. You and I are in agreement there. But ultimately the overall question of this thread is "Is Freemasonry a religion?" The Masons are all asserting that it's not. You've made no assertions either way, only describing some attributes of Masonry without placing a personal judgement on that description. You've contributed to the thread, but not in favor of either side of the argument at hand. *shrug*

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

So then, assuming by that response, it would be correct to assume you have a problem with Freemasonry admitting people who do not follow Christian Dogma?

Yes, I noticed you conveniently ignored the question, one which you have never completely openly and blatantly admitted but rather "beat around the bush". Of course, silence and ignoring is simply an easy way to get around having to answer a question that would openly admit your own bigotry..

Risking more childish and immature retorts from someone desperately trying not to admit his own intolerance of others, I pose the question once more.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

So who SHOULD Freemasonry admit?

Admit who you want. Just be honest about who is there, and honest about the entire full meaning of "God" according to your craft.

I am a "Pagan' ... Think any less of me for it?

Nope.

However, I do not see your reasoning for distaste for Masonry ... for "welcoming" the likes of occultist, pagans, new agers, and many various other religions.

Only to point out that this is why traditional Christian religion - with a strict, straightforward non-esoteric interpretation of the Bible - has condemned it.

does not require you to subscribe to one specific religion.. Freemasonry is not Christian.

Spectacular.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join