It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cindy McCain: Drug Addict, Thief

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

I'm sorry but that's just about as dumb a reason to write something as I can think of...

Politics of the lowest common denominator isn't what this campaign season needs. I personally, have had enough of that for a lifetime.

Fight fire with fire, so everyone burns. Phooey.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Okay

but the problem is you ignroed the rest of my response

go look in the 2008 debate forum
see how many posts there actually try to discuss the issues without slinging mud

see how many responses they have
see how far down the totem pole they are

nobody here wants to discuss issues, save for a few. Me? I've tried discussing facts and issues, but very few people will actually take part in the discussion.

so - if you wanna take part in the forum dicussions, you have to fight fire with fire.

my fire is backed with facts
my enemies fire fades away with a crack in the night air.

Before you try to insult someone - make sure you understand WHAT they said, before you reply to it.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

The point?

THe point is that no matter how many "legit" posts one makers in this forum

the masses flock to the garbage posts instead.

fight fire with fire

This posts proves that there is legitimate dirt on Mrs. Mccain
v.s. the pathetic crap that the neocons through at Mrs. Obama

personally? I think they're both about as scary looking as one human being can look, and find neither of them to be very promisiing what so ever.

Fight fire with fire.

The masses want garbage? Give them garbage.

The bolded sections are the parts of my post you seemingly neglected to read.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Can anybody blame her! if I was marry to a man that looks like McCain I would be popping more than just pills to make me forget to whom I'm marry too.

Anyway her story should make people sorry for her mental well being after all this ladies have to stand so much in the face of public scrutiny.

Remember Mrs. Bush and her littler accident that killed an ex boyfriend, they drag that one for a while.

I wonder how many pills she takes a day.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I read your thread and liked it. I believe I even said so...

So why not do more just like that? Who cares what the mudslingers think? There are others here, like myself, who are willing to talk about the issues.

Keep on doing those really good threads and others will join in eventually...

Please understand, this isn't animosity talking, I don't particularly care for either of the two major candidates. I've no dog in the fight just yet. But, as you may have guessed, I don't think families should be targeted.

So, we still pals?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Wives, unless like Mrs. Clinton they insist on helping form policy in public, and children should be off limits. It's politics of the lowest common denominator, and I personally find it somewhat abhorrent.

I agree with you that family members should be off limits, but if they insist on placing themselves in the line of fire, then alls fair in love and war.

Bill Clinton campaigned for Hillary, and he paid the price by being slandered yet again by the media. Why should Michelle be treated any differently? What's fair for the goose, should be fair for the gander as well, don't you think?

If Barack wants his wife to be left out of the campaign, he should leave her at home. He's only setting her up for criticism by having her make campaign speeches on his behalf.

[edit on 6/20/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Of course we're still pals

But my point is still the same

i want to talk about the election and get my opinions heard

i cant do that if the majority of the posters here ignore the facts, and sling the mud. I have to "head into the heat" of the battle, bear the mud slinging, and attempt to deliver some common sense to these good people

Atleast thats the way i see it.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The wives are fair game as they should be, but of course Obama has asked to leave his wife alone, we'll see if McCain does the same.

As much as wives play a big part in their husbands decision making process, we have to ask ourselves which wife would be more dangerous.
A drug addict that hurts no one but themselves or an angry racist that can affect the lives of many?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I actually agree with you...shocking as that may seem. The chaff and wheat analogy comes to mind...you have to keep tossing it out there. People will see it. It will cause thought (gasp!!), and maybe even thoughtful responses.

I like your posting style. I may not always agree, but that's actually not important. Don't spoil it by lowering your standards.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Comment on things she actually says, not what she alledgedly said on a tape that may or may not exist.

Same goes for Mrs. McCain. If she says something while campaigning for her husband, then yes comment all you like...

But to dig up decades old personal issues? No, I'm sorry, that's for me, out of bounds...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
As much as wives play a big part in their husbands decision making process, we have to ask ourselves which wife would be more dangerous.
A drug addict that hurts no one but themselves or an angry racist that can affect the lives of many?

Oh man. This election season is going to give us some winners. Let's look at the ballot:

Tick Off Your Choice:

_ Druggie

_ Racist

[edit on 20-6-2008 by intrepid]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

That ballot is too confusing!!!!

-Florida

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Ohhhh! You had plenty to say about Michelle,

Where did Cindy McCain say anything about Michelle Obama?

Originally posted by TruthWithin
Do we really want to start going toe for toe comparing Michelle to Cindy?

Who says we have to pick one *&$@!! over the other *&$@!!

I'd like to give them both extended trip passes on the space station ...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Where did Cindy McCain say anything about Michelle Obama?
Here

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

But to dig up decades old personal issues? No, I'm sorry, that's for me, out of bounds...

Michelle Obama's comments are not decades old, but fairly recent. If she was expressing racist remarks just a short couple of years ago, I have asked what's changed? It's difficult to believe that she suddenly embraces the message of unity and hope for all mankind.

Leopard's don't change their spots that quickly. Could the reason be her husband is now running for the Presidency and those past sentiments would be vote killers?

When Cindy McCain starts preaching "Just Say No" to drugs, I'll question her comments as well. Once a junkie, always a junkie.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I fail to see where it shows she bashed Michelle Obama? We have Bruce's opinion only to base that assertion on. Who is Bruce other than another Obama supporter?

All Cindy McCain said was she was proud of her country.. Should she not be allowed to express these sentiments because Michelle Obama had the gall to state publicly that She's never been proud of her country?

That's not bashing..

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

If she was expressing racist remarks just a short couple of years ago, I have asked what's changed?

When Cindy McCain starts preaching "Just Say No" to drugs, I'll question her comments as well. Once a junkie, always a junkie.

If being the keyword here, we haven't seen this "whitey" video that supposedly exists. Perhaps you have?

I could say I have a video of Mrs McCain giving a speech to children about "just say no (or yes) to drugs" and we would be in a similar situation, no?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Cindy McCain has done more to help the needy than most people
ever will.

Drug addiction is a disease. She received help and recovered.
The pills she used were from her own charity - her own money.

People are really low when they use this to attack her.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Hi Josephine, I agree with you. I don't like McCain, but let's be fair here. I have met many, many people who are in recovery who are honest, hardworking, caring people. I"m not saying Cindy is all of these things, but the fact is, we really don't know her and to assume that she's a horrible person, simply because she was addicted to pills, is ludicrous. Addiction is a disease, a most unfortunate and painful one. Her pill use was a long time ago. And she's not an adulteress, since she wasn't married at the time when she met McCain (unless there's something I don't know, which is possible).

I just don't think this automatically makes her look like she'd be a terrible first lady.

I think alot of people are too easily swayed by the media and they jump on whatever bandwagon shows up.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I don't know how many threads I've delved into blasting the mainstream media(MSM) for not focusing on issues and instead blowing smoke up our arses in regards to this type of non-sensical idiocy.
By buying into this type of poo-flinging you are allowing ATS to become part of the ignorant horde.
Is ATS now MSM?
If anybody uses this for a thread, I want credit.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join