It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increase of UFO's in U.K. Mainstream media

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Hello all, this is my first posted topic so bare with me!

Have you been reading the papers recently? I commute to Central London each day and always end up glancing through the free newspapers during my journey. I have recently noticed that there has been a dramatic increase in the level of attention in regards to ufo's.

Personally I feel this is to do with the fact that the MoD have recently released a large amount of UFO documentation, I also presume that having a UK pop star (Robbie Williams) admit he spends his time researching UFO's has really helped.

Has anyone else noticed this increase in media interest? I know others have mentioned it within posts but if people could put up any other recent mainstream media reports I would greatly appreciate it.

Below is a list of recent articles regarding flying saucers or ufo's that i've found in (UK only) mainstream media (2008 only).

www.metro.co.uk...

www.lep.co.uk...

www.metro.co.uk...

www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk...

www.granthamjournal.co.uk...

www.metro.co.uk...

www.dailyrecord.co.uk...

www.metro.co.uk...

www.metro.co.uk...

www.bedfordtoday.co.uk...

www.bedfordtoday.co.uk...

Cool Footage in this Biiideo (aka it looks like the mexico jaime footage):
www.islingtongazette.co.uk...

www.enfieldindependent.co.uk...

www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk...

www.shropshirestar.com...

www.northantset.co.uk...

www.metro.co.uk...

www.wigantoday.net...

www.northantset.co.uk...

www.eveningtimes.co.uk...

www.bakewelltoday.co.uk...

www.theargus.co.uk...

www.falkirkherald.co.uk...

www.sunderlandecho.com...

This isn't dated but is still very recent:
www.virginmedia.com...

www.birminghammail.net...

www.buryfreepress.co.uk...

www.metro.co.uk...

www.birminghammail.net...

This one has been classed as a hoax on ATS:
www.metro.co.uk...

These are some from March and June but I have no space to add April and May, if you'd like them I can post them too.

Take care everyone and have a cool weekend

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreensGoblin

When every reported account is taken at face value, it would appear as though the whole question surrounding the authenticity of UFOs is closely coming to a head. I always have faith that the universe will unravel as it should... and as it appears to be.

Welcome to ATS!

IRM

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I have noticed it in Uk and Us media over the last six months, Ufo sightings are being treated more seriously and less skeptically by the media. 2 years ago they would be laughing while reporting it, almost mocking the eyewitnesses..
AND the vatican releases a statement about UFO's around the same time..!

Maybe they are trying to desensitize us.....? Or draw our attention away from something?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Thier filling time and paychecks, not ever going to look into the subject in the manner you guys think for obvious reasons.

Until this subject sheds it's stigma of idiocy, it will never have the wieght behind it to get the demand for answers high enough in the public's eye to warrant attention from the new media in a serious manner.

And judging by the majority of ignorant threads and completely ignorant replys to such in this very forum, the forum that touts itself as the largest and best on the internet...they have no reason to pursue this subject any father than a time filling piece or such.

Notice, how on live broadcasts the newscaster always end these stories with a smirk or an outright laugh? If you can't figure out why that is, the re-read this forum...and if that doesn't answer your question then your part of the reason they are laughing.

Ufology is dead, there is NO disclosure coming ANYTIME soon, and the government no longer runs any sort of cover-up operation concerning UFO's...they don't need to. Thanks to ignorant nutjobs, nobody takes this seriously enough to bother with.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

Thanks to ignorant nutjobs, nobody takes this seriously enough to bother with.

Good Point

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Before Robbie Williams and the Vatican incidents I would have agreed with you, but since then I'd have to side with Dermo because we do seem to be getting an increase in attention. Whether this is good or bad publicity, and i agree with you that the UFO publicity is generally used to fill gaps (just look at some of the links I put up), at least it is planting seeds in people so that hopefully they will do some research for their selves, I'd like to think that this is visible in the fact that the ATS users level has increased dramatically recently.

On the other hand, I do feel that there are more important areas of study which we need to focus on at the moment if we hope to make some kind of difference.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Today the media has admitted a UFO was seen over Wales , the report was carried out in a very serious way and they then went on to deny that the police were attacked by the object. For me the fact that a UFO and attack were mentioned in the same report is a definate shift in the way these things are done.

Today I saw at 12.50pm three metallic cigar shaped objects just effortlessly glide by in formation, there was then a fourth slightly behind them. The ones in formation made a triangle shape. They were amazing to look at, made no noise and left no contrail.
I say cigar shaped but its very sunny here today and they reflected the sun but they were quite large.

For me to see this in the middle of the day says something is definatly happening, its like they wanted to be seen. Amazing, truely amazing.

Anyone else in the UK seen these today?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

that truly is amazing! You lucky thing, after what you've said, I think I'm gonna spend summer solstice lying on my back, watching the skies. the temptation to check out stonehenge is also there....hmmmm.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I have noticed this too,but i put it down to my interest in UFOs,(you see what you want to see).

The world is a very strange place.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

My thoughts EXACTLY!
I HAVE noticed that EVERYTIME a ufo/alien story is mentioned in the news
EVERYTIME there is a chuckle and a smirk or outright laugh, as if to say,
"I mean come on peolpe, you don't ACTUALLY believe this stuff DO YOU"???
They give the broadcast the same tone as they do at Christmas eve
When they are tracking SATA.......er.....Santa Clause on the doppler radar.
The disclosure you people are waiting for will never happen.
The only type of disclosure that will happen is partial disclosure.
That is to say,
The governments of the world may eventually release evidence that there is life on other planets. They may even release evidence that we have been visited, but they are not going to disclose the fact that they have been in collusion with these Aholes since the 40's and have reverse engeneered their craft and have access to free energy and warp drive technology, all of which would free the human race from the realative bondage we are in now!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by cbass

Haha, nope you're right! We're never going to really find out what the Germans were doing with the 'bell' or what type of propulsion system the black ops guys prefer to use these days. But, I still will keep an eager eye on current UFO trends, after all, people like Gary Mckinnon do still exist and will continue to uncover more information for us to salivate over.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

hi - IMHO most of the regional press titles and free editions you cite will print almost ANY " story " which fills a given quota of colum inches - thats ALL many of them care abouit

i have had frequent and unpleasant deallings with regional press journalists as a result of my endeavourse in several feilds - and in no instance have they run any meaningfull followup to thier initial story - and most frequently - no followup at all

and while i am ranting about the failings of regional presses in the uk - even thier first hit at the story is sensationalistic lies

their ethics are also appalling - they often disergard the facts of the case - or what they have been told in interview and just print misleading and inaccurate garbae instead

the number of times myself and associates have had to threaten legal action to gain redress for copyright infringment of images and oped work is mindblowing , and then 6 months down the line - the same publication will pull the same stunt again

i cannot give you personal examples [ ats policy prohibits drawing attention to personal activism ] - but just look at the inside pages of most local newspapers in the UK - it is just padded out with banal tripe

so honestly - i would hold no hope that the current ` wave ` of press reports in the UK means anything

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Very true ignorant_ape, I feel it is a very important fact that should be realised. Thanks

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Ive been on ATS this morning about an hour, then I go onto your thread and this weird pulse starts to come out of my computer speakers for several minutes
Ive had another sound come out of the speakers but that was a 4 tone pulse, this time it was more a high frequency repeated pulse. Ive posted about it on the "Is you computer making wierd noises while on ATS "thread as its seems to be happening to a lot of people. A Mod said it was something to do with phones.
So I looked out of the window and I see a black orb thing going behind a cloud, was it a bird, no it was too high and too fast. Very strange that it happened just as I logged onto your thread.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I saw the ufo on welsh news. The photo was amazing. I'll see if I can find it online. And for credability the ufo(s) were chased and photographed by the police in a helicopter!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Well, regardless of the possibility of a media conspiracy to influence the minds of the many, the sightings do point to a very important fact;

We've got them interested, that much is certain.

All that remains now is to wait to see whether it's human pilots or Alien, and judging by the way the media is approaching the subject, i'm willing to believe that they know something the rest of the populace doesn't.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Another report today, this time on the FRONT PAGE! This must be the first time i've seen a ufo report on the front page of a national newspaper. really strange. I wonder what they have up their sleeve.

here is the latest report:

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   

That is strange...buzzing? from the speakers?

A Mod said it was something to do with phones.

weird, kind of creepy, what you describe doesn't sound like the usual interference caused by mobile phones that i presume the Mod is talking about.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Just noticed another in the media - on the front page of Sky News website ...?!!

Here is the link, UFO Sighting: 'Security Probe Needed'

UFO Sighting: 'Security Probe Needed'

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreensGoblin

That is strange...buzzing? from the speakers?

A Mod said it was something to do with phones.

weird, kind of creepy, what you describe doesn't sound like the usual interference caused by mobile phones that i presume the Mod is talking about.

Well on monday this week, 12.20pm this different sound starts to come out of my speakers, one higher pitch tone on, off..on,off for several minutes. I look out the window and see a black orb slightly flattened on the bottom go behind a cloud. It moved like a craft and was too high to be a bird.

Then today on the news ANOTHER UFO report of 10 -15 UFO's over a military base and they have full video evidence
It was reported as possible "Pie in the sky" which does take us back to the media humouring things but thats what 3 reports in a week now.

I hope we are in for a busy summer in the UK we deserve it nothing ever happens here!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join