It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Aurora???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Got bored and decided to go on google and search area 51 and i to a pic that looks like it has the aurora near a storage section. Im not too sure anyone have a idea? heres the link btw: www.anomalies.net...

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Too small. If that's a road to the left (with telephone poles) then the black object is the size of a small compact car.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Yeah i was thinking it was too small but what can it be :S

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I've seen an even better pic of it somewhere, i'll try to find it

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Ok i got to see this

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
im gonna guess that its either a uav or the " black manta " looks alot bigger then a car to me..... i could just be high.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It looks like that was pasted there.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I think it may possibly be a black manta? but I have never seen a black manta so I couldn't be sure

What is the item in the sand on the right hand side of the image 3/4 of the way down???? looks like a white box with black things in it???

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I have no idea, well sorry to get you guys all excited
i tought i actually had something there for ahwile.

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by ShadowMan]

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Too small.

If that's a road to the left (with telephone poles) then the black object is the size of a small compact car.

Shadowman's Link

Sizes and perspective can be deceptive in aerial / satellite photography. Those lines are not telephone poles, they are most likely floodlight stands, approximately 10m tall - note their positions along and around the base. From the angle of the shadows, it also looks like the photograph was taken at about 8 or 9 in the morning. In addition, this photo was taken at about 1m resolution, about what you'd expect from civilian recon satellites. The aircraft in question appears to be about 7-10m long. A Mig-25 Foxbat is about 20m long, so I reckon it must be a UAV of some description. However, I'm assuming those apron squares are standard, ie 5m, which they seem to be given the size of those trucks parked nearby.

The row of paired buildings below the concrete apron are most likely hangars. The large one next to the black triangle seems to be a pair of hangars connected to a larger one - a large maintenance shop of some kind, like the ones for B-2s?

To Rimmer's question: the white box with the black things in it may be some kind of flammables disposal or storage pit, for nasty stuff that'll burn or blow up next to aircraft. I'm only guessing, though.

Good find, ShadowMan. I just wonder if it's real - but if it's got the FAS stamp on it, it's at least fairly certain to be authentic.

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by Lampyridae]

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by Lampyridae]

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ace_Rimmer
What is the item in the sand on the right hand side of the image 3/4 of the way down???? looks like a white box with black things in it???

Could be trashbarrels, Wish we knew which way was north, we could see what time it was taken by the cast of the shadows off the utility poles

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I've just edited my post now, replying to those questions. Usually, (always!) recon photos are displayed with north being up - unless you're holding it upside down. As it was taken in the northern hemisphere (one presumes) and the shadows are coming from the right, I'd say it's about early to mid morning, but no later than 10 am.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Thanks guys by the shape of it i tryed to match the shape with the aurora before i posted but ill let the proffesionals on here tell me heh ok thanks guys for the info ill see what else i can find during my boring hours

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Looks like a Mach 5 or 6 waverider, maybe, or some kind of lifting body re-entry vehicle. Perhaps something along the lines of the X-33 program.

X-33 Details

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Closest thing from your theory i found was this picture of the X-33 www.tc.cornell.edu...

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
the prespective Makes it hard to judge scale, but I'm thinking maybe a prototype waverider. I know it's not a Black Manta because it's the wrong shape. the Black Manta has a shape simular to the B-2 bomber, and is a flying wing. Also it does seem signficantly smaller then I would expect Aurora to be(Unless it's a subscale prototype).

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by ghost]

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Why would you drive the Aurora all the way around from the front of the hanger to the farthest side to have it parked in the dirt when it is known there is a satellite over your .?

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
maybe they didnt

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Area 51 knows when satellites will pass over..
I think that there would be no mistake to leave an aurora out
front when they know a picture satellite will be passing.

could just be a car or an infalteable decoy to keep suspision up

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
the prespective Makes it hard to judge scale, but I'm thinking maybe a prototype waverider. I know it's not a Black Manta because it's the wrong shape. the Black Manta has a shape simular to the B-2 bomber, and is a flying wing. Also it does seem signficantly smaller then I would expect Aurora to be(Unless it's a subscale prototype).

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by ghost]

From the size of the concrete apron's squares, I'd say it's about the size of an A-4 Skyhawk. It's not big at all. Could even be a half-scale mockup of something.

But why is the airfield so empty?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join