It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know what happened to Yahoo.com?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It has been really screwed up over the past few days. Did it get hit by that worm that is going around or what?

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
What's it doing for you?
I just checked and don't see any problems...

-B.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Not a single image is loading and it is super slow. Everyone at work is having the same problem for about 3 days now.

I just want to check my damn email account!

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by Jonna]

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Maybe it is the computers at your work. Where did you try to accsess it from....because I have no problem eather.....try this...

mail.yahoo.com...

that should work....

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by Curiosity]

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Nope! It must be the computers here at work. Hopefully it will be fixed by Monday morning.

Thanks,
Jonna

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Sounds like it could be a problem with either your work's ISP or the network itself. I don't know of any virus that would affect Yahoo or a computer's ability to go to yahoo.com.
Have you talked to your IT guys there yet?

-B.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
Sounds like it could be a problem with either your work's ISP or the network itself. I don't know of any virus that would affect Yahoo or a computer's ability to go to yahoo.com.
Have you talked to your IT guys there yet?

-B.

I was told that it was a problem with the actual site, but if you're not having a problem then such is not the case. Strange that it would only be that one site and none other. No biggie! Thanks for the help though.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
maybe they blocked yahoo? Probaly not since you are getting in to the page, just not loading anything.

Did you try putting a " / " at the end of the address?

like: www.yahoo.com... ?

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Nope. I get the page and the text, but no pictures and it takes 5-10 minutes to partially load.

Oh well! I am out of here for the weekend in 10 minutes anyway. Have a good weekend you two!

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hey, I noticed the same thing on some public computers that I use sometimes...they just installed something called "lightspeed" internet filtering, and has been messed up since. It doesn't filter it, but the images don't load and it just looks weird..but at home it works fine

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Forget Yahoo.... Yahoo sucks! Use Google.

top topics

join