It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad: U.S. Plotted to Kidnap, Assassinate Me in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Ahmadinejad: U.S. Plotted to Kidnap, Assassinate Me in Iraq

www.foxnews.com

TEHRAN, Iran — Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Thursday accused the United States of plotting to kidnap and assassinate him during a visit to Iraq, state media reported.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Ok I already know this guy is nuts.. but who here would not believe that this guy is gearing up for War. This guy every time that he opens his mouth all it does is making his case worst...kind like the GW of the middle east.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
He wants to villify America. It's his form of Psychological Warfare, which I must say is a bit pathetic. Something like this coming from Chavez, yeah, you could maybe see that, but ...

He knows his country is going to be attacked in July, so expect the rhetoric to increase.

His Nuclear facilities are about get a major pounding soon.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Funny guy, if the US wants him dead, then he would already be. It's not too hard to snipe someone, let alone more creative ways.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Whats still gets me is that many people specially on these boards give so much credence to what this guy says even though he is not even in charge of the country for which he is president.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
ok now i have on many occasions stood up for him when he was taken out of context or mistranslated or outright misqouted. but this , this is just stupid. like was said if the us gov wanted to assisnate him i dont think we would have much trouble doing so. yeah we screwed up trying to take out castro decades ago. but in that time we have become much more efficient in our killing. plus why the hell would we kidnap him? the gov dont want him alive and disapperead they want him alive and talking smack so its easier to spin him and drum up support to bomb the crap out of his country.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by krill
if the us gov wanted to assisnate him i dont think we would have much trouble doing so.

This isn't the movies dude. To assassinate the figurehead of a sovereign state requires total deniability, and certainly isn't easy.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
first yes i know this isent the movies dude for you to think i base my judgment off of tv or crap put out by hollywood is insulting. i base said remark on the idea of active camo systems, advanced silencers and flash supressors. and that fact that with those combined with a trained sniper he could be picked off fairly easily. he dosent walk around in a bullet proof bubble you know eventualy he will be in public and if he goes in public no matter how many gaurds he has with the above equpment he wouldent stand a chance. i stand by my oppinion. dude.

[edit on 6/20/2008 by krill]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
He can't be assasinated soon enough.
one less problem to worry about.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

That's too funny superman.

Any idea how many problems we'd have if the US was caught assassinating a head of state (again)..? It seems like more and more there's a disconnect between logical cause and effect in this country. We think we can just solve every problem with force and there's no consequences.

It's like the mess in Iraq. It's Iran's fault, it's Al Queda's fault, it's the Mahdi Army's fault.. errr no, it's OUR fault for invading their country. Iran was keeping to itself, Al Queda wasn't in Iraq and the Mahdi Army didn't exist before then. Cause... Effect.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I personally think that if the US wanted to assasinate this guy they could pull it off in many ways that would create deniability, the question is...why the U.S. has to gain by having this guy dead? Certainly I ran is not going to change, thus is going to make him a martyr.

IMO if this guy thinks that he is an important it just shows how big of a egomaniac and/or megalomaniac he is.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I am Not a fan of Ahmedinejad, but it does make complete sense for the US to attempt to kidnap and assasinate him in iraq.

To the shallow minded who believe that the US could take him out anywhere, well just because you have a capability, it doesn't mean you can use it blatantly in view of the world's scrutiny.

Taking him out in iraq would be ideal to keep the operation covert and it would be a lot more easier to blur the facts and the blame.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

You are 100% right. If he was assassinated in Iran or when he was here in the USA, it would be obvious we or Israel did it.

If he was assassinated while in Iraq, people would think the Iraqis did it.

new topics

top topics

join