It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Police Chopper chases UFO

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

It looks alot like the Cypher from MetalGear Solid 2

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
i'd have to question that photo on breitbart as i have seen it a fair few times over the years as an alleged ufo photo.

the notion that secret aircraft are operating from RAF st anthan is quite daft, because most of it is now used by private airlines for aircraft repair and the only full time RAF unit there is a gilder training squadron...oh and it'snot even and RAF base anymore...its now MOD st anthan.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
is this the video ?

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been said but the Sun also reported that the object could not be seen through night vision goggles and the cameras on board the chopper didn't pick up the object...

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by antuk

You are correct in that the base is now MOD St Athan but quite wrong on other facts. There are a number of RAF units at St Athan including a large technical training school - look at the names on the wall at the entrance to the base - and the gliding squadron is actually the smallest of these. Get your facts right.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

No, that is not St Athan, Llantwit or the RAF camp there are far too many lights.
( I am from there)
I can remember hearing the helicopter but didn't look out the window or anything due to them flying overhead regularly.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
URL did not work, but here is news from sma#s.com page:

Scores make UFO sighting claims after helicopter chase report
Posted: 2:16p.m IST, June 21, 2008
London, June 21 (ANI): Hundreds of people have come up with UFO sighting claims following recent reports that a British police helicopter crew chased a mystery craft in Cardiff.

Many say that they saw the UFO on the same night when the three-man crew chased it.

One Dawn Williams said that she feared an Independence Day-style alien invasion when she saw an unusual object in the sky above Aberdare Country Park on June 8.

It came over the horizon and was travelling for about a minute and a half before it disappeared, British tabloid The Sun quoted the 45-year-old woman.

It was circular and had a dome on top - it looked like a planet with rings. I didn't say anything at the time because I didn't think anyone would believe me, she added.

Cabaret duo Katy Cunnion and Russell Quinn say that a weird light in the sky followed them an hour after the helicopter scare.

It was hovering. At first I thought it was a helicopter, but every time I changed direction it was in the same place. It disappeared, then I got a bit freaked out when the light came back close enough for us to see it was saucer-shaped with lights which flashed from one to another in a chain. It looked like no plane or aircraft I had ever seen, said Katy.

It finally zoomed off like a shooting star after an hour, added Katy.

The description of the UFO coming from Katy was very similar to the one given by the helicopter cops.

David Coggins, an expert who has studied UFOs for about three decades, said: I'm told that in the past three months airline pilots have been reporting at least two or three encounters a week with UFOs over the Bristol Channel. Many of them will have rational explanations, but the probability is around 15 to 20 per cent can't be identified.

The Ministry of Defence, which investigates UFO sightings, said it was still awaiting the police report on the helicopter incident. (ANI)

[edit on 22-6-2008 by hande]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

No, that's an old video and filmed in Brighton, the other side of the UK, as the audio commentary clearly states.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Assuming one accepts the declassified MOD Report as a definitive conclusion from 30 years of UFO sightings, there is an interesting connection to be made between these events and natural phenomena.

The report suggests that the great proportion of sightings are explained by a gaseous or aerosol type of plasma, which can move with incredible speed and without inertia. This permits directional changes that are impossible with solid bodied objects. Indeed the report states that there is no evidence at all that these objects are solid or that they are under control by anything other than natural forces.

Anyway, page 15 of the MOD report shows a histogram of UFO report frequency over the period of the study. This shows peaks and troughs with an approximate 11 year period. If you now look at the data provided by Wikipedia on the sun spot cycle, you find this has followed a remarkably parallel trend over the same period.

When the cycle is at its maximum, the frequency of coronal mass ejections also increases.

Coronal Mass Ejections

Many of these highly energetic events are directed Earthwards and cause various atmospheric and electrical disturbances (aurora, radio distruption, etc). Maybe these are the driving force behind the proposed plasma objects? Could it also explain the culmination of events anticipated by many in 2012? The solar maximum will return around that time.

The connection, if any, between UFO sightings and CMEs is discussed in Part 3 of the MOD report. Unfortunately, this part remains classified.

WG3

[edit on 22-6-2008 by waveguide3]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
MOD volume 3

www.mod.uk...

I find it hard to come to a 11 yr cycle based on the fact that we are told so little study was done and is it's all based on just this data.

There conclusions to them being natural are just as vague as thier calling them "Boyant Entities".

The stance of the report is very much left up in the air with the ufo's.
Its neither says one thing or another but it certainly does say that they are leaving themselves an escape route depending on what truth ever comes to light.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This is the tv news report about the police helicopter and Ufo over Wales.

www.youtube.com...

It seems it's confirmed and no footage was taken unless it was confiscated
wich would not be surprising.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Now I know The Sun has always had the odd far fetched story.

However, there have been more and more stories related to UFO activity this year. Its now to the point there is at least one page about UFO every day at the moment.

Just reporting that the MOD are shortly going to release over 30K rUFO reports overt the last 11 years for hte public viewing. Although I would guess these could be a white washed version !!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

the D.A.R.A presence on the base is almost non, they only decommission hawks and jaguars there now.

most of the units you have seen are most likely army units.

also...according to wiki the techinical training school doesn't open till 2017

EDIT: i'm having a silly day today.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by antuk]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Wedding couple sparked UFO alert - BBC NEWS
Special glow lanterns set off at a wedding could have been mistaken for a UFO by police officers in a helicopter.

The three-man crew spotted an unusual object in the sky above St Athan on 8 June in the Vale of Glamorgan.

It made headlines around the world but it was only when newlyweds Lucy and Lyn Thomas saw reports on honeymoon that they realised what could have happened.

The lanterns were lit in Cowbridge and floated off towards St Athan, close to an RAF base and Cardiff airport.

There's no doubt in my mind it was our lanterns,
said Mr Thomas, 30, a salesman from Llantwit Major in the Vale of Glamorgan.

We went on the internet on our honeymoon in Turkey and saw a report about this UFO. I thought, oh no, it was exactly the same time and I remember they were going straight towards St Athan way.

Mr Thomas bought 100 lanterns on an internet auction site and set off about 30 - with guests making wishes - from about 2300 GMT on 7 June until 0200 GMT on 8 June.

I can see how they'd look like UFOs. They are about 2ft 6in (0.79m) high and are paper lanterns with a wax ball underneath.
You light them and they inflate and float off - exactly the same principal as a hot air balloon,
said Mr Thomas, who said he checked aviation regulations and made sure the lanterns were set off five miles away from Cardiff International Airport.

You can't judge their size in the air because they're so bright.
They just look like a big ball of light. When you light them they just go up and up and up.
Strangely enough we saw them in Glastonbury last year and sat there for hours trying to work out what they were.

He said he could not believe the coverage the UFO sighting had had in the media.
[....]

Full article - BBC NEWS

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
first time post and a little off subject but ive just been watching the local north west news on the bbc and they had video of ufos that have apparently been sighted numerous times of late over the city(liverpool)

[edit on 24-6-2008 by dmcefc]

Wig

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I beleive the lantern theory, see my reply on page 8 of the other thread if you're interested.
linky

[edit on 25/6/2008 by Wig]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
www.shropshirestar.com...

found this from my home county glad i dont live there now

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
its pretty cool that we have ufos flying in the UK as of late.

but not much else can be said on my part, this event is a little drab if you ask me.

Am i getting used to the ufo presence?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
post deleted my me :-)

[edit on 25-6-2008 by TrentReznor]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join