It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. says exercise by Israel seemed directed at Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

U.S. says exercise by Israel seemed directed at Iran

www.iht.com

WASHINGTON: Israel carried out a major military exercise earlier this month that American officials say appeared to be a rehearsal for a potential bombing attack on Iran's nuclear facilities.

Several American officials said the Israeli exercise appeared to be an effort to develop the military's capacity to carry out long-range strikes and to demonstrate the seriousness with which Israel views Iran's nuclear program.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
It could be a very hot summer.
Nuff said?

www.iht.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
The Iranian nuclear facilites are way too dug in. It seems pretty clear that Isreal intent is to draw the US in. Given the combat radius of the F-15 and -16's at least half the strike package would be for buddy stores unless they plan on having USAF tankers cover thier strike a/c. And even that may not be able to hit the facilities in the eastern part of the country.

Iran will retalite and Isreal hope this will draw the US into open war IMHO.

[edit on 6/20/08 by FredT]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
and then Israel will retaliate using nuclear weapons - thats IF they arnt used in the frist instance , Iran will them bomb dimona with penetrators to hit the stores and it all goes to hell in a hand basket.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Our troops are sitting ducks out there in Iraq. They will be second to be retaliated upon after the first salvos at Israel. Iran won't think twice about Iraqi casualties, like we haven't.
Armegedon.
And if conjoined israel us strikes were even 70 percent success....the icbm's would come flying in from chiner and russiar.

This is not a 1981 repeat of an above ground structure. These 80 some Iran sites are dug deep. I don't think even moab's would touch them. Would have to be nuclear I think.

No wonder they took Jericho off the air and left that stupid a## Lost on.
Too close to home.

[edit on 6/20/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Topic on C2C 'right NOW!'

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I said the same thing abot Jericho, seemed like it was fortelling our future instead of being just a television show. Time will tell as to what comes of these practice drills.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

We are so boned...just in case I don't get to say it before we are crispified...jpm, I like your humor, it makes me laugh.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Thanks for that Rock. It's the least I can do. No one can ever say I didn't do the least I could.

Oops Rook. It must be late. Can't focus.

RROOFFFLLL!!! In ford pinto with a water gun and a clown suit....classic...absolutely classic!!!
Or in gay leathers on a harley with Cheney. w already sounds like sylvester when he says sufferin succatash.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

not like the Israelis take a hoot about US forces
to them they are just expendible assests they know they can use.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
They'll have to use the 40.000 lbs bunker buster... that only fit on a B-2 by the way. Or they could use those nuclear bunker busters that are ``safe for civilians``. And the ``safe for civilian`` is from their own documents, saying that because the nuclear explosion is ``small`` and ``underground`` (30fts) it's safe... yeah sure. If you explode the nuclear weapon underground, it will have much more radiation spread all over the place.

In Nagasaki and Hiroshima there was almost no radiation related deaths because the explosion was at a high altitude... the air can't be radioactive, but the ground and the dust yes.

And Israel have over 300 nukes and the US government said that if Iran strikes back, it will be called terrorism and probably if they suceed in killing hundreds of people in Irak or in Israel, Iran will be nuked and by nuked I mean a urban center will be nuked...

Then all bets are off on what is going to happen. WW3? Massive dump of the US dollar turning the US into a third world cesspit? There's a reason why most bilderbergers were against a strike against Iran, that is because they don't know what will happen... and that the people will wake up to their scheme too fast. When everyone lose their pension funds, jobs and can't eat, people will ask who's responsible!

[edit on 20-6-2008 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Why would Russia and China launch ICBM's???
You obviously have no understanding of the current situation.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

No way a civilian location in Iran will be nuked. It will ignite the whole middle east. As for what is planned about underground facilities - do not know, but also not that sure that nuclear weapons are first choice. Fighting future nuke with current ones is counterproductive. Nuclear genie that sits for more then half a century in a bottle might get free eventually.
I hope that this exercise was mainly for pressure purpose - kind of bad and good negotiators. EU and US propose economical benefits and threat with sanctions and in the background Israel conducts drills.
Might be wrong,of course. Hope that this crisis ends soon without bloodshed.
Edit - spelling.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
The Iranian nuclear facilites are way too dug in. It seems pretty clear that Isreal intent is to draw the US in. Given the combat radius of the F-15 and -16's at least half the strike package would be for buddy stores unless they plan on having USAF tankers cover thier strike a/c. And even that may not be able to hit the facilities in the eastern part of the country.

Iran will retalite and Isreal hope this will draw the US into open war IMHO.

[edit on 6/20/08 by FredT]

You may be right.

I'm not too familiar with the weaponry but I assume it would have to be powerful enough to destroy any deep bunkers. As you said the initial attack could be to draw in the U.S. in which case the situation gets even worse.

The key is to get America involved in the fighting.

- Lee

top topics

join