It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food for thought...& Seasoned Citizens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Hello Again, HippieontheHill here with another thought provoking thread. If you garden, have you considered doing the following ? Plant an extra row of corn, tomatoes, orka & squash. Harvest them, then give them to a seasoned citizen. They are not hard to find. Each and every town has them. These seasoned citizens are the very people who have made our country great. Their generation fought real wars, lived through a terrible depression, and marched to change social injustices. Most now live on fixed incomes and the higher price of food at the grocery store; really hits them hard. They deserve a few home grown tomatoes. Just tell them you over planted and do not want your vegetables to go to waste. You'd be suprised, how such a small thing can make their day. So, plant an extra row - drop them off at a seasoned citizens apartment complex, nursing home, at your neighbors house or a seniors residential facility. Each day you have an opportunity to do something good. So, do it and make a difference. P.S. - Someone needs to reply to this thread, come on now. It won't hurt - I promise....

[edit on 20-6-2008 by HippieontheHill]

[edit on 6/20/2008 by HippieontheHill]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
My first time posting here...But I always check here for news.To know about things the main stream news sometime over looks
This read I will post to my blog.Because you really have a good idea here !People need to start thinking in different ways , and this is one of them.

Thanks ~Stardreamer

join