It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprisingly rapid changes in the Earth’s core discovered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
What I want to know is how exactly does this effect us?
Is this something new we should know about, indicating big changes soon (2012?) or is this something that has been happening since the dawn of time and we are only no becoming aware of it?
Is the much heralded pole shift about to take place?

“What is so surprising is that rapid, almost sudden, changes take place in the Earth’s magnetic field. This suggests that similar sudden changes take place in the movement of the liquid metal deep inside the Earth which is the reason for the Earth’s magnetic field,” Nils Olsen explains.

“By combining the Swarm and Ørsted magnetic measurements we hope to find out the reason for the-se rapid movements in the core,” Nils Olsen concludes.

Surprisingly rapid changes in the Earth’s core discovered

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

Very interesting, I have to note the project name "swarm' , worries me, given that recently that same name or description has been in the news a lot, as a reference to earthquakes! Swarms are happening all over, closest to the united states are the ones off the coast of Oregon, and coverage of those quakes is becoming less available, I was just reading on a quake thread that the organization that is reporting the quakes is failing to report them timely or at all. Can't wait to see more about this subject, great and interesting post sir!

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Thank you for your entusiastic responce Space Cadet.
I will be watching this closely and see what comes of it and post if have anything new to add. Of course I will also appreciate it if anyone else finds any further details.

Yes. The 'SWARM' thing got my attention too. I was wondering if it was an acronym of some kind or if it was elluding to something bigger?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Very cool. This will be an interesting project to keep an eye on.

Considering that changes in the ionosphere have been observed prior to many quakes, it would stand to reason that such changes may be observable in the core as well. Perhaps this will someday prove to be another method of prediction.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Here is something to look at regardng SWARM

It may be totally unrelated but I posted a long time back abut a ROY/SCHWARM project (Schwarm vs SWARM?!?!) which also is a magnetosphere/ionosphere experiment.
Both use a system of grouped satellites

The SWARM concept consists of a constellation of four satellites in two different polar orbits

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

I bet you are onto something there Viking with the swarm/shwarm thing. Keep digging!

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
As you would have seen from the other thread, there was not much to go on but making this connection may indeed have something so it has insipred me to look further.
Not much more yet but I WILL find something. I am sure there is a degree of conspiracy in it. Who knows, It could be the CAUSE of rapid changes and the puzzlement is a front...Too paranoid now?!?!?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I have been reading more on this and it seems that the core is cooling and more rapidly than expected. If it cools enough it slow or even stop the spinning of the core effectively killing us all. Once the core stops spinning, there will be NO magnetosphere therefore no protection from solar or cosmic radiation. EXTREME climate change!!! How does that grab you Mr. Al "Innacurate truth" Gore. It wont happen tomorrow or next week mind you, but eventually.....
They say that could also account for alot of the seizmic activity we have been experiencing of late.

[edit on 6/7/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I don't want to stear your thread away from it's original topic but your 'the core is cooling... if it cools enough it slow or even stop the spinning of the core effectively killing us all' caught my eye. I'm just wondering why is the core/mantle hot in the first place. Sure it is spinning, sure it is under pressure, sure the most dense materials are at the center but... do those factors contribute to it's incredibly high temperature?

[edit on 6-7-2008 by nattykoo]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nattykoo
I don't want to stear your thread away from it's original topic but your 'the core is cooling... if it cools enough it slow or even stop the spinning of the core effectively killing us all' caught my eye. I'm just wondering why is the core/mantle hot in the first place. Sure it is spinning, sure it is under pressure, sure the most dense materials are at the center but... do those factors contribute to it's incredibly high temperature?

[edit on 6-7-2008 by nattykoo]

On the contrary. You have brought the thread back on track. The cooling and rotation speed slowing are related and the fact that Earths magnetic field is reliant on the spinning could answer some of the questions. That is a very big IMO of course. Who am I to second guess scientists with years of training and millions of dollars worth of equipment….

new topics

top topics

join