It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Dan Akroyd Been Silenced?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Oh, I'm glad someone brought this up, I totally forgot about it as well! I have a lot of respect for Dan Aykroyd, frankly it took a lot of guts to come out with his controversial beliefs like that. And being a comedian would make it harder because many people would refuse to take him serious based on that premise. I remember a recent poll announced on some TV network that of several different categories of work and career, comedians were voted to be the least trusted! To me this makes no sense and doesn't even apply. Comedians will make stuff up and exaggerate for a laugh yeah, that's their job. That doesn't make them dishonest people.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
So, is Akroyd's follow up dvd featuring the Chicago 'O Hare Airport UFO ever coming out?

Is this another cover up?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Dan Akroyd has had an encounter with the M.I.B. at least once before, check out this vid.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
more than likely Dan has a predisposed affinity for the paranormal to believe such things

(which he does if you've ever listened to the Ghostbusters commentary)

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
For crying out loud when are they going ti stop this cover up? It is so obvious by now the ends don't justify the means.

It has become insulting to us now, a swift smack across the face as if

"its real just shut up"

that is where it is at

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Dan Akroyd is either being silenced or he is not going to tell us. Regardless each day I become a bite more pescimistic of ever seeing a video. I heard he was going to come out with another video and then nothing since. For me this is the largest modern ufo siting on record and Dan Akroyd has been sitting on his hands for over 2 years with it in his possession. Dan, !@#$ or get off the pot. Show the video.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Maybe it is a disappointment and they don't want the embarrassment?

Seems to be the most likely scenario, imho...or even that they found out the footage they had was bogus, and would do less damage to the field by simply not shouting about it... May even be legal action pending, so that would necessitate silence on it.....

[edit on 9-2-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by borachon

If that is the case there is usually a reason for such a predisposition and usually it comes from first hand personal experiences. People who are in the public eye are not always as willing to share personal experiences. Its not even easy for a normal person, imagine a person whose career puts them in front of everyone. Ya they might not want to share, and if and when they do.. it is an extreme act of bravery and done because of a steadfast desire to see something done about it. To help the research proceed and progress forward.

Given his encounters with the "men in black" which were more likely simple govt agents sent to shut him up.. they probably did more that we are not aware of that made the risks greater than he was willing to take to bring this in the open.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I hope he hasn't been silenced yet, He's got another 'GhostBuster' movie to make yet.

Second line

[edit on 9/2/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Well,

We could always write Dan, and who knows, maybe if he receives enough mail on it, he'll respond officially?

Dan Aykroyd c/o
Creative Artists Agency
9830 Wilshire Boulevard
Beverly Hills, California 90212-1825
USA

I'm writing my letter...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Here's my letter, feel free to use same or similar wording...

February 9, 2009
c/o
Creative Artists Agency
9830 Wilshire Boulevard
Beverly Hills, California 90212-1825

Dear Mr. Aykroyd:

I have long been a fan of your work (with a special affinity for your SNL work and Ghostbusters). I have also been a fan of your efforts in UFOlogy, and I especially enjoyed your Unplugged on UFOs documentary. In February of 2007, it was reported you had acquired some exclusive video of the Chicago O’Hare UFO sighting (of November 7, 2006). It was also reported you stated an upcoming DVD containing the footage. I was just curious if you or any of your people would be so generous as to issue an update on the project, as many of your fans are looking forward to seeing it. Thank you for taking the time to read this letter.

Sincerely,

(signed)

(Real Name) (screen name: “Gazrok”)
Super Moderator, Above Top Secret website
www.abovetopsecret.com...

P.S. Please note that I do not claim or assume to be speaking for the owners of the above website. I am merely a fan, curious for knowledge, thank you.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

I have heard rumors from Ghostbuster Fans that there is a new movie going into production soon, with all the old actors except Rick Moranis

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I've heard the same...but I think he's working on Scary Movie 5, if I recall.
I may not even get an answer...but I figured if more wrote asking about it...then who knows.

EDIT:

I'm editing as I don't really want to bump this, but it is rumored that the claim of purchasing the film was put forward by Sereda, and when Aykroyd's people reviewed the film, it was not genuine (and laughable), and so no other effort was made. This would certainly explain why he'd simply want it to go away, and why there has been no update...

If I get a response (and I'll alter the letter a bit in light of this information), I'll certainly let all know of an official confirmation, but I believe this to be the case. It certainly doesn't appear to be any kind of coverup or "silencing" of Dan....

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by EclipseReloaded
So, is Akroyd's follow up dvd featuring the Chicago 'O Hare Airport UFO ever coming out?

You've asked this same question 10 times in this thread. I think it's apparent to assume that we dont know when or if it's coming out any more thna you do.

On a side note, I was never aware of Dan's involvement with UFO's. I loved the unplugged video and would very much like to see the next one if and when it's released.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ls1cameric

Originally posted by EclipseReloaded

You've asked this same question 10 times in this thread. I think it's apparent to assume that we dont know when or if it's coming out any more thna you do.

I repeat the same question because there is a genuine mystery as to the whereabouts of the dvd he talked about bringing to market 2 years ago. Has he been silenced? Is it a matter of scheduling? Content?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Did anyone ever find out what is going on with the supposed photos and video that Aykroyd had? Was he duped with bogus footage? I'm still curious about this.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Maybe it is a disappointment and they don't want the embarrassment?

Seems to be the most likely scenario, imho...or even that they found out the footage they had was bogus, and would do less damage to the field by simply not shouting about it... May even be legal action pending, so that would necessitate silence on it.....

I'm pretty sure the scenario would be bad for his acting career. Found this on a Google search:

Then there's the UFO that may or may not have visited Chicago's O'Hare International Airport on November 7, 2006. Peter Davenport of the National UFO Reporting Center says he received documents "that left no doubt as to whether the event occurred, or to its bizarre nature." He estimates that the disc-shaped object seen hovering above Gate C-17 was observed by no fewer than three dozen people, including aircraft mechanics, airline supervisory personnel and others he calls "highly qualified observers." The Chicago Tribune and other news outlets published reports about the 2006 UFO incident. Davenport and others call the event "very dramatic" and "very well documented." The only thing officials at O'Hare have ever said about the possible UFO sighting, though, is "No comment."

Source

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Anybody know if Gazrok rec'd a reply to his letter?

Has anyone ever found any footage that pertained to O'Hare?

ETA: spelling

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Cole DeSteele]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
The fact that David Sereda was involved with this is surely enough to consign it to a hoax before it even appeared. The fact that it didn't appear further confirms the hoax status.

Sereda is just another of the numerous charlatans that are ruining UFOlogy in order to gain financially.

Look at his latest "invention" which looks nothing more than a cheap trinket imported from China and augmented with BS charlatan-speak. Curious, if Sereda invented it, that it's also on sale here and here.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

Torsion.....

It's such a shame when things point back to these hoaxers & bludgers.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join