It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Dan Akroyd Been Silenced?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
He was silenced by Vigo

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Cause
He was silenced by Vigo

Who's Vigo? Sounds like a smartass answer...

Anybody know why there is a two year delay in the follow up dvd to "Dan Akroyd's Unplugged on UFOs?"

The Chicago 'O Hare Airport UFO incident was covered by major news outlets, 12 witnesses (including a pilot) and cell phone pictures. This seems to have been swept under the proveerbial rug....

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Meh He's prolly hanging out at his cabin just outside of Kingston ON, evading the press and shooting pool in the local bar
BTW he owes my BF 20 bucks for a game about 15 yrs ago LMAO

Would be nice if they'd get the dang thing produced and out already though...should be impressive.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
reply to post by gauncents

Nah, I bet Savior is right. When was the last time Akroyd did a movie? Or at least had any substantial role in a movie? The guy needs to make money too.

I am sure he is still doing very well, especially with movie royalties that are paid out for very long times after a movie has come out.

I had a friend who had a part in the Truman Show years ago, they filmed this several minute scene and it ended up getting totally cut from the final movie. He still gets royalty checks and has made nearly $14,000 since then. If someone who didn't even make it into the film gets that much, how much do you think someone like Dan Ahkroyd gets?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by EclipseReloaded
Also, he mentions a time where he was conducting an interview for some UFO show he was producing and how that program got shut down fast that same afternoon.

ER, good point -I do remember him mentioning that and he seemed quite upset at the time - apparently the show got pulled at the very last minute with no explanation from the television company.
I have a lot of respect for Dan Akroyd and he's pretty knowledgeable (and articulate) when speaking about some of the case histories involved with the UFO subject.

'Dan Akroyd -Unplugged on UFOs'

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
He`s too busy making wine!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   

If Akroyd hasn't released the follow up DVD featuring the Chicago 'O Hare Airport UFO incident (Nov. 2006) by now, almost two years later, then...He's probably not going to.

I thought I remember that at least one of the 12 witnesses had some video footage, probably from a cell phone.

Sure, Dan Akroyd doesn't need the money, he's rich. Having said that, if you've seen his "Unplugged on UFOs" dvd, then you know how sincerely fascinated and well versed he is in the subject. This would lead me to believe that the UFO dvd thing/commentary for TV specials is done out of its personal appeal, not monetary gain.

I think some government agency likely intimidated him....

We'll see a year from now whether this dvd ever gets released (with the 'O Hare Airport UFO content.)

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Cause
He was silenced by Vigo

LMAO!!!

The most likely scenario is that they got what they thought was going to be mind blowing footage etc and it's garbage, hence to embarassed to release it. That or what they thought they were going to get just never came through.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I bet he got told not to bother releasing it or he might have a nasty accident or have a heart attack in his sleep.
Perhaps he might all of a sudden take up coc aine again etc.....

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

The most likely scenario is that they got what they thought was going to be mind blowing footage etc and it's garbage, hence to embarassed to release it. That or what they thought they were going to get just never came through.

Or the most likely scenario is that the 12 witnesses to the Chicago 'O Hare Airport UFO incident in Nov. 2006 were silenced...along with Dan Akroyd.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I highly revere Mr Akroyd.
He is astoundingly intelligent.

One of my favorite quotes is from D.A.

"You look at the floor and see the floor. I look at the floor and see molecules"
[Dan Aykroyd.]

I am very courious now, about Dan, the vido and his where-abouts.
I'll do some searching to see if I can turn any thing up.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by nightmare_david

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
There is a Ghostbusters video game coming out soon, which he is writing and doing voice-work for. Chances are, he is tied up with this...you know, things that will actually make him money.

If you're trying to imply the he only cares about stuff that makes him money you're wrong.
He'd be making money off that video game no matter what. He owns most of the Ghostbusters rights. I doubt money is an issue for him.

No. I'm offering it as a reasonable and rational explanation for the delay of the O'Hare video, as opposed to concerns that someone got to him.

The game's storyline is being written by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis, the writers of the original films. They, along with Bill Murray and Ernie Hudson, will also lend their voices and likenesses to the game.
SOURCE

[edit on 20-6-2008 by SaviorComplex]

He's probably working on ghostbusters 3 the movie!!!

can't wait for that, hope the soundtrack has an 80's feel to it

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Maybe the O'hare footage will be packaged with the GBIII dvd whenever that comes out?

Whatever the case, if no footage is forthcoming he loses all credibility as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Akroyd, Murray, Hudson and Reitman are coming back for a Ghostbusters3 (**Unintentional Off Topic Fodder Alert**) which was announced recently and hasn't gone into preproduction yet.

The much anticipated follow up dvd to Akroyd's "Unplugged on UFOs" has been languishing for almost Two Years.

He has many other business ventures to keep him busy, however, the UFO subject to him is very important also. The production staff who work on the dvd take care of most of the work (editing, marketing, distribution, etc.) Dan would just need to come in for an interview and a few production meetings, which there has been plenty of time to do.

Has Dan Akroyd been intimidated by some goverment agency, delaying the follow up dvd for two years or ceasing its production?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I had lunch last week with Richard Belzer, who is a very good friend of Dan's ... He hasn't been silenced at all, but he has been busy.

I believe the RUMOR he had video from O'Hare was released by a charlatan who was hoping to get some bollocks released and most likely abuse Dan's good name in the process of selling it to the uninitiated.

I never once heard Dan say a thing about any video of O'Hare. Has anyone else ever heard Dan say this himself? I'd love to see a link that quotes him directly, I don't believe it exists.

Springer...

[edit on 10-22-2008 by Springer]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I don't know how reliable this source is, but I found this article from February 1, 2007:

Dan Aykroyd Says O'Hare Footage Exists

And he has it! According to the former Saturday Night Live star, Dan Aykroyd and his group of filmmakers have come into possession of exclusive O'Hare Airport UFO photographs and video footage.

During a recent promotion for his line of Tequila beverages, I had a chance to speak briefly with Aykroyd about the topic of UFOs.

"Will you be releasing any more UFO documentaries?"

"We should have another DVD out by next year," Aykroyd replied. "You know there was a major sighting in Chicago recently," he said in referring to the O'Hare Airport UFO.

Acknowledging the event, I asked if there would be any exclusive O'Hare UFO content in the film. To my surprise, he said not only will they be exposing new photographs of the O'Hare Airport UFO, but exclusive video footage. Dan appeared excited about the new film and the O'Hare story, "it will have photographs, video, and the whole works!".

www.alienvideo.net...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Dan has been working very hard on his crystal skull Vodka..

no time for UFOs when there is Liqueur Money to be made..

Drunks tend to be quicker at shelling out cash than paranoid UFO'ers

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 10/22/2008 by KATSUO]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The Chicago 'O Hare Airport incident occurred November 2006. Over 2 years later, there is still no DVD produced with this as its supposed centerpiece.

This DVD has been promised time and time again, yet, no release date.

Where is it? Covered up?

Has the evidence been confiscated, manipulated?

Has Dan Akroyd been intimidated?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I really enjoyed Dan Ackroyd-Unplugged. The guy knows UFO mythology inside out. I kind of suspected it was satire at first, but he's got a genuine interest and recites one incident after another by heart. The video is still available on google video...

Google Video Link

Maybe his interest in UFOs was seen to be limiting to his credibility and he's decided to lower his 'UFO profile'?

I've failed miserably to link videos every time so the link is here also.

Arrrhh bejesus! Failed again!

[edit on 8-2-2009 by Kandinsky]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Maybe be when Dan said those things about the upcoming video footage, he was at a bar playing pool drinking tequlia slammers!
Ya never know!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join