It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Dan Akroyd Been Silenced?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

The release date for the Dan Akroyd DVD with the Chicago 'OHare Airport UFO with video, photorgaphs keeps getting pushed back...it was suppose to be released in January, then April of this year.

It's now mid June 2008 and it's nowhere.

I believe that this highly anticipated DVD will not be released...at least Not with the Chicago 'O Hare Airport video/cell phone photographs/12 witnesses accounts content.

The nationally covered November 2006 UFO sighting seems to have been swept under the proverbial rug. Imagine that...

This DVD has been promised time and time again, yet, no release date. It does not take over a year and a half to produce a DVD documentary of the same production quality of the first one (not impugning the actual footage and interview).

Where is it?

Has the evidence been confiscated, manipulated?

Has Dan Akroyd been intimidated?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I have actually forgotten about it, it takes a post or a thread to boost my memory.

I don't know whats going on, but I imagine theres plenty of room for snags. It should be all out though.

Maybe it is a disappointment and they don't want the embarrassment?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by EclipseReloaded

Has Dan been in the media lately? Also, his he still alive?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Has Dan Akroyd been intimidated?

According to him, he's been intimidated by the Men In Black in the past!

So it's possible he could be in trouble with a who knows who... However, it's more likely he's just taking his time to ensure better quality.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I think you will find that the truth lays solidly between Dulcimer and Scramjets responses.

Either he is making sure he releases the best possible footage, accounts and arguments - or it is completely embarrassing and he's just kinda waiting for it to blow over.

I think the last thing we should assume is that someone has 'got' to him. It's kinda paranoid! Give him time!

IRM

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
There is a Ghostbusters video game coming out soon, which he is writing and doing voice-work for. Chances are, he is tied up with this...you know, things that will actually make him money.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
There is a Ghostbusters video game coming out soon, which he is writing and doing voice-work for. Chances are, he is tied up with this...you know, things that will actually make him money.

If you're trying to imply the he only cares about stuff that makes him money you're wrong.
He'd be making money off that video game no matter what. He owns most of the Ghostbusters rights. I doubt money is an issue for him.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
ATS has a bit of weight in the world of UFO's. Why not have the 3 Amigos contact him and find out what's up? I'm sure they could get through to 'his people' and get the straight poop.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightmare_david

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

If you're trying to imply the he only cares about stuff that makes him money you're wrong.
He'd be making money off that video game no matter what. He owns most of the Ghostbusters rights. I doubt money is an issue for him.

No. I'm offering it as a reasonable and rational explanation for the delay of the O'Hare video, as opposed to concerns that someone got to him.

The game's storyline is being written by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis, the writers of the original films. They, along with Bill Murray and Ernie Hudson, will also lend their voices and likenesses to the game.
SOURCE

[edit on 20-6-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
not only is he tied up with the video game, he also is still a going around doing his blues thing and on top of that he has his wine making business to take care of. he's a man with many things on the go.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I'm going with the documentary is an embarrassment excuse.

I'm mean seriously, It's one sighting. How long could possibly be and how long can it take to listen to a few people say they saw something in the sky and show a couple of pics?

They probably jumped the gun when they said they were doing a documentary right after the event happened.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gauncents

Nah, I bet Savior is right. When was the last time Akroyd did a movie? Or at least had any substantial role in a movie? The guy needs to make money too.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'm still waiting on this, I don't know how I feel about it.
I'd like to see what he has but the huge skeptic in me things that it's all BS.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
ATS has a bit of weight in the world of UFO's. Why not have the 3 Amigos contact him and find out what's up? I'm sure they could get through to 'his people' and get the straight poop.

I agree...somebody here could shoot him an email asking when the release date is now...

In his first UFO DVD (Unplugged) he told the interviewer of a story when he was hosting Saturday Night Live in New York. He was talking on a phone outside the Rockerfeller building to Britney Spears (the musical guest and his costar from her movie 'Crossroads") when he saw a black Ford sedan one second, turns his head briefly, then back to where the sedan was and it was gone...he goes on to explain how there was no way that this mysterious black sedan could have disappeared with the heavy traffic, stop lights & one way direction.

Also, he mentions a time where he was conducting an interview for some UFO show he was producing and how that program got shut down fast that same afternoon.

These past experiences he's had, along with the constant delay of this follow up DVD for an event that took place in November 2006 had me wonder if Dan has been silenced at this point...

He's not hurting for money, so, that does not seem like a reason to be busying himself elsewhere.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by EclipseReloaded]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

i hope not..he is a good guy imo.

but knowing the gov. i wouldnt be suprised..

while probably a good video..i dont need it to believe in ET spacecraft/beings..it's so abvious

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
lets hope dan is safe and nobody is trying to intimidate the man, cause weather we like to admit it or not, dan probably has some people in high places who are willing to protect him and his family in hard times. i would not put him to far from this idea. he looks like a strong man to me, and someone who wouldnt take this mib bullying bull crap.. for too long.

I had no idea he was making a dvd, but just like the videogame buzz its now become a practice to announce a release date and then push it back until the last minute possible. if hes trying this then fine whatever, i got things to do in the mean time anyway.

or maybe he feels like new events could transpire elsewhere in the US and he wants to include them as well. OR he could be waiting on more witnesses to respond to his calls for in depth detial.

the next 5 years are gonna be good for ufo documentaries and have a feeling the race has begun.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
FREE DAN!

The men in Black got him

I hope he wraps up soon I wanna see the video soon, and as far as the Game

[edit on 20-6-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I believe that this highly anticipated DVD will not be released...at least Not with the Chicago 'O Hare Airport video/cell phone photographs/12 witnesses accounts content.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Alright...It is now October 16, 2008 and the follow up dvd to his "Dan Akroyd Unplugged on UFO's" dvd still hasn't been released.

As most members here know, the follow up dvd was to feature the Chicago 'O Hare UFO incident (with cell phone pictures, possible video footage & witness accounts) that occurred in November of 2006.

This dvd originally was to be released in the spring of 2007...still nothing.

**Was Dan Akroyd silenced by the government? It certainly doesn't take two years (Nov. 2006 - October 2008) to produce another documentary like his first one.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by EclipseReloaded]

[edit on 16-10-2008 by EclipseReloaded]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
wow.. i've waited so long for the footage of the O'Hare UFO that I actually forgot about it! Goes to show- out of sight out of mind. Probably the plan from the beginning.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join