It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Half-Brother did NOT confirm he was Muslim: Fact Over Fiction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

From the Fact Check Desk: What Did Obama's Half-Brother Say About Obama's Background?
June 18, 2008 12:39 PM

It was a sloppy paraphrase that emerged as false evidence.

Malik Obama, the older half brother of Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, gave a brief interview to Israeli Army Radio.

No where is Malik quoted.

The Jerusalem Post has since taken the story down of its website, but you can see a cached version HERE.

So is it true?
No.

ABC NEWS BLOG

*my edits

[edit on 20-6-2008 by lee anoma]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
As the article states:

…nowhere in there does Malik expressly say anything about Obama having a Muslim background.

And nowhere does he "confirm" anything about Obama having a Muslim background.

Yet Brit Hume and FOX news rushed to put their slant on the story. It was more than enough to pounce on and claim that Obama was a secret (dreaded) Muslim. That we should fear him.

Misconstruing the facts yet again, the media produces a biased lie and the simple-minded followers of “news” programs such as this, hand deliver the lie to the people around them.

I know these sort of facts won’t stop the barrage of inane Obama threads (some of which should at least be in Skunkworks) that connect him to everything from the 9-11 attacks to the Da Vinci code, but someone needs to look at these stories and see if they have the slightest bit of merit. I know those posting them could care less if they are true. To them the accusation is made, and it is up to you to figure out if it is fact or fiction.

In the feverish rush to poke holes in the Obama campaign many detractors are skipping the high road of truth and real debate on the actual issues that will affect the course of our country at least for the next four years. They have opted to take the muddy trail of unsubstantiated accusations and outright shameless fear mongering. The have opted to relentlessly pump out useless Obama threads that make you wonder which paranoid area will be reached in the next five minutes.

I personally think this is, above all else, and extremely important time in America. After the last eight years of this administration and its decisions our country is looking to hit hard times fast. We have to make an informed decision regarding who should take up the helm when Bush and Co. departs. There are plenty of quagmires that need draining and we cannot afford a brand new mess that will further rip this country apart.

Both McCain and Obama are politicians. Nothing more. They will do and say what they need to in order to get where they want. This is a given, so lets look at what they have on the table objectively. We don’t need anymore biased divisive junk threads that we KNOW are simply false. Hell we have so many already the people creating them don’t even have time to attend the threads before their off to create a new one.

It’s time to grow up folks.
This is serious.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

and the silence is deafening from the republican side of the room

what say you now, mr republican ?

yeah, we thought so.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Well...looks like the facts just aren't as interesting as the fiction. Overblown instigation topics like Obama not being an actual American or radically instituting Sharia law are just much more exciting.

You know you can tell the mentality of those that make these accusations. They criticize him for being too black, possibly gay, a foreigner, a idol-worshiping Hindu, or secretively Muslim. A lot of closed-minds in this country of mine.

Ah well...you can't compete with the overblown alarmist threads.
Anything to avoid the actual issues I suppose.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Good find Lee

All the "Obama is a Muslim" BS is just a typical FUD scare campaign... even the people on here promoting the idea don't actually seem to believe it...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I think the reason you're getting so little response is because you've made your point clearly. There's nothing to argue with you about! Good post.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
I think the reason you're getting so little response is because you've made your point clearly.

OR .... because he posted it at 12:30 in the morning and no one was awake at that time.

That 'deafening silence' isn't republicans avoiding the thread.

It's the silence of night when everyone is sleeping.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
OR .... because he posted it at 12:30 in the morning and no one was awake at that time.

A week ago.

Seems that's time for anyone to answer...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

LOL
you are a great observer, BH, i never would have caught that.

wait a second....did you hear that?

OH yeah - more silence.

top topics

join