It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hockey Night in Canada will never be the same.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Hello Everyone.

I was just looking into the new Hockey Night in Canada contest and at first I thought ya great idea. But, then I read what CBC did to Delores Claman, the author of the original song we all love and heard for many years.

So I have decided to boycott the contest and state we don't need a new song the old one should stay.

Please read what Delores' lawyer is stating. Mind you it's just his side but why would be not state facts.

You be the judge.

Source

I think we all should band together to keep the original song in place and tell CBC not to change things.

Song we love.

[edit on 19/6/08 by Rhain]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Certainly there is more to CBC's "Hockey Night in Canada" than a theme song? I wonder how many people tune in just to hear the theme?. I'm guessing not a soul.

The hoop-lah over this topic in Canada is ridiculous. The CBC "Hockey Night in Canada" theme music change has practically dominated the news, radio talk shows and even newspaper editorial pages. Surely there are more important issues to discuss!

I really don't care what them CBC uses as an intro to their Saturday night hockey game.....but, if it does come down to a choice....I would have to go with Stompin' Tom Connors and his classic hockey song

[edit on 6/19/2008 by benevolent tyrant]

new topics

join