It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voice In My House

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Just A Few seconds ago, i was listening to my Ipod *Very loudly*. I heard a voice whisper behind me "Austin". I turned and no-one was there. Its not too big to start a thread about i know, but i've had this feeling all night like something is about to happen.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AustinHand

Hello Austin, is this the first time this has happened?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
What are we to say? "IT'S A DEMON!"???
It really isn't much to start a thread on. Though, i can relate. This has happened to me, and also while listening to music. It often seems some one is calling me, and i just dismind it. It doesn't last.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
It happens to most of us, I think. Some of my older family members believe it is a guardian angel or spirit. Im not so sure, but Im not ruling it out either.

As I drift off to sleep I usually hear hundreds of voices talking at the same time- not too loud, and I cant make out anything they say because they are all talking at the same time. Sometimes someone will call out my name loudly and I wake up. I never have made sense of it. It could be a trick of the mind- a hypnogogic halucination. If I had a pot boiling over or someone was in danger I would be more likely to see a paranormal link.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Is that the only thing that was said? Anything else? You say this only happened once?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
happens to me oftan to when music is on both ears,

side effect of paranoia is what i think it is

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I say trust your intuition

There's this story attached to this fairly famous Australian singer who got cancer a few years back. She tells of how she dreamt of a cloaked figure visiting her one night and how the figure handed her a letter. The next morning she was apparently sick with dread and just knew something was wrong. She saw a doctor that same day - and she found out she had cancer.

I found it intriguing, really strange - but this was a story from her own mouth.

I occasionally hear voices yelling my name when i'm drifting off to sleep but not too often when i'm listening to my ipod
who knows who the voices belong to?? i really don't know...

link   
Ooooops...

[edit on 20/6/08 by pretty_vacant]

link   
Sorry - triple post..

[edit on 20/6/08 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Hey

What an interesting subject, Yeah this has happened to me a fair few times actually, I find myself wondering if it was the song or something else.
Spins me out though.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
well, like some nights, the door opened then closed ever hour on the dot. tv turned off and on by itself but thats all

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
AustinHand hello !

Well i want to tell you first off there is nothing at all to worry about.

I am very curious to know if the voice was male or female ?

Was it female ?

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I have at times heard ( in my head, not actually out loud) voices, often calling my name. This occurred mostly in my parents hundred year old house or at my Grandmother's 150 year old house....Whether there is a connection with older houses or not, I'm not sure.

One very strong instance occurred in a somewhat 'newer' house, one about 30 years old. It was the house we were living in when my son was born....the previous owner was an elderly lady who had died just a couple of years earlier.....her children still owned the house and rented it out.

One night, after putting my son in his crib in the adjoining bed room and passing the bath room as I returned to my bed room, I mentally 'heard' a voice insistently call my name from the bathroom! It was so strong that my head literally snapped around and I involuntarily responded, "What?!".

Just a couple of days after that, I discovered a huge 'wharf' rat in the bathroom, and found that the monster had easy access....we covered the opening and moved shortly after. I have often wondered if the 'voice' was the elderly lady trying to warn me of the rat's presence. (A rat that size would easily have posed a danger for an infant.)

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by h3akalee

It was Female

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Now i must ask did the voice sound like someone you know or knew ?

Family member or girl friend ?

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
AHHAAAA,,,,,, if it is attention you seek then look no further, because i am very curious now.

happens to me a couple of time a year and very i am very lucid at those times and the thing that stands out most was the clarity of the voice as though it was making itself clear that it was not a figment of my imagination./.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I can't offer any explanation but something similar happens to me every now and then. As I am falling asleep or if i am trying to meditate I sometimes hear a female voice very clearly say my name. It always sounds like they are right next to my ear when they say it too, not whispering but just a normal speaking voice. It usually wakes me up and I open my eyes but nothing is there. The voice doesn't sound familiar either.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Well, this actually happened to me long time ago, except for me, it was a full sentence. If I may direct your attention to this passage of scripture...1Sam 3:3-10

So, your response s/b "Speak LORD, for I am listening." if you'd like a reply..

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by h3akalee

i'm not sure, but it was female and pssibly a deceased family member

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Angrylightbulb

Ok, last night I woke up for no reason and my wife woke up and said "did I wake you up?"

Me: "I dunno...but were you coughing? I thought you were coughing.." As I reached over and put my ear plugs in my ears so, I couldn't get woken up as easily being that I don't do good at work sleepy.

After falling asleep, I heard a femalevoice called out my name. I don't remember waking up but I know I've woken up startled as if someone was standing in front of me

top topics

<<   2 >>

join