It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long Distance - Any suggestion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It's a long story, but my wife and I are something like 3,000 miles apart. I haven't seen her in person in over 2 months and it's driving me crazy.

I've sent her some cards

made a CD and sent to her

had flowers delivered to her

sent e-cards

written poems for her

made a webpage dedicated to her

and I talk to her daily on the phone

My question is this:

Can you think of anything else special that I could do for her?
Come on you creative folks I know you must have some suggestions.

PS - she's kinda depressed about us being apart so I really got to make her feel better.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Just keep doing what you are doing. And don't stop.
It's not about being creative and doing new things for her. It's just about letting her know you love her, and that you miss her.
Trust me..I know what I speak of.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Go visit for a weekend.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
You're a great guy apparently so I'm just curious... is she doing anything to show that she misses you too? Or are you strictly the spoiler while she's content to be the spoilee... ?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BachelorBuy 2 webcams and send her one? Nothing like a little face time if you know what I mean?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hey thanks, and that is a great question.

Yes, she does do things like that. She sends me cards and gifts. She has sent me about 4 books in the last month (she knows just what I like to read) and probably 5 cards, as well as some e-cards and lots of email. She knew I needed a new grey tie so she bought one from ebay and had it ship directly to me.

She knows that I never buy really good coffee for myself, so last month she got 5 pounds of premium coffee and shipped to me.

I'm spoiled, too.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hey Mr. B!

I think you are being a WONDERFUL husband and are doing all the right things. Being far apart will always be difficult no matter what all you do to stay close. But you are doing all that can be done.....and im sure she knows this. Obviously, cards and emails never match the touch of the one you love. Nothing you can do about that

Just keep on hanging in there, keep doing what you are doing and let her know at every chance how much you love her and think about her and cant wait to see her agin!

GOOD LUCK...I hope your time flies and you get to be in her arms - SOON!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Nevermind

Don't worry bout this post...

[edit on 6/22/2008 by whatukno]

new topics

top topics

join