It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Malicious Mortgage, The Democratic Party IS As Corrupt As The Republicans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

LOL BlackOps oh great I won't eat for a week now, thank you!!

But seriously I don't doubt it at all...from what I have read about Mozillo so far I can believe just about anything...I will look up this Roland Arnall...I can only imagine how intertwined all of these white collar gangsters are with all the politicians, it's almost so mind-blowing you have to laugh.

I know how crooked my local city council is, and that's at a local political level... the corruption behind the national political scene is truly stunning in it's complexity and pimp-ism, for lack of a better word. The characters that make up the global movers and shakers are astounding in their greediness and corruption.

P.S., you gotta love H. L. Mencken and his quotes!

[edit on 28-6-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Google Roland Arnall first...then if you aren't sickened enough go to Ripoff Report.com and search Ameriquest and look at the thousands of complaints registered by home owners.

This guy is still alive, I know it. He made out like a bandit and will never pay for what he has done. He is the Count Dracula of the financial predators.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Ok I googled, and I am getting sick already....

Here's the LA Times swooning over him in the first paragraph....

Billionaire Roland E. Arnall, whose widespread philanthropy and extraordinary political friendships stood in contrast to repeated investigations into alleged lending abuses at his giant subprime company, Ameriquest Mortgage Co., died Monday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.latimes.com...

That was below the first few things on google calling him a murderer, a rapist and something about his ex wife accusing him of hiding assets...and there you have it...the LA TIMES lauding him as a philanthropist in the first paragraph...revolting... ok back to reading...thanks BlackOps lol....

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Follow that rabbit hole and see how deep it goes!!!

Did you know that Ameriquest used to show the movie Boiler Room as a training video for it's new employees?

In the Atlanta, GA office the feds raided it and found a machine that was used to make fake W2 forms.

The Area manager for Region 6 in Miami was arrested for trafficking coc aine...TWICE!!

Ameriquest had in every branch what it referred to as the 'Art Depratment"...which is where the cutting and pasting and forging was done.

If people had known 1/10th of the things that went on at that company they would have chased Arnall down like Frankenstein and burned him at the stake.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Interesting...well, where you have high pressure sales, fraud and forgery going on you always have coc aine
Wow you seem to know an awful lot about this topic, and this company and this Roland Arnall...care to share about that?

I am still reading...did you ever make a thread about this? I noticed in the city of Chicago like when I posted the article about who all went down for that in the Fed raid a few weeks ago...that there were a few mafia characters as well....

I am getting the picture that this Mozillo character was Family as well?

And I think you're right about this Arnall fleeing to Israel....I wouldn't put anything past him...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Interesting...Bill Gates and his wife seem to be embroiled in the Ameriquest debacle....BlackOps why oh why did you lead me down this path??

As of December 2005, the Gates Foundation had at least $367 million invested in the stocks, bonds or securities of 20 of the top 25 sub-prime lenders and other large sub-prime companies. These included companies involved in the four largest class-action settlements for sub-prime abuses.

Few Gates Foundation investments more sharply contradict its emphasis on human welfare than its holdings in a hospital firm accused of unneeded surgeries for profit or its holdings in companies accused of buying supplies produced by the slave labor of children.

The hospital firm, Tenet Healthcare, has a history of scandals, lawsuits, federal raids for fraud, kickbacks and patient-care lapses going back more than a decade. Although in most cases the company denied wrongdoing, Tenet has agreed to pay more than $1.5 billion in settlements since 2003.

The Gates Foundation held $58 million in Tenet bonds in 2002, the year Tenet paid $56 million on charges of Medicare fraud. The same year, Tenet faced a major scandal at its Redding, Calif., hospital, which was accused of hundreds of unneeded heart surgeries to boost profits. It settled federal charges in that case for $54 million.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.corpwatch.org...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

I know quite a bit about them because I have been following AMC and Arnall for several years now.

I was actually hired by Ameriquest in 2003, I went to corporate training down in Ft. Lauderdale for two weeks. That was the point in time when I first realized what I had gotten myself into.

I worked there for a grand total of two months before quitting. The corporate environment and the level of competition was second to none. Managers basically forced loan officers to max out fees and rates on home loans for people with bad credit. I remember the second day I was there, my manager telling everyone to "Check your hearts at the door....we aren't saving the manatee here"...basically saying forget your sympathy for the borrower...we are here to make money.

Around a month and a half after I started working there two things happened. I saw a young lady who was hired the same time I was get fired for asking the area manager why we had to charge so much on each loan. She was toast a day later. The second thing that happened I will never forget, I went downstairs in my office building to get a snack and I saw another LO standing there with a document up against the Coke machine, tracing borrowers signatures. That was when I knew I needed to go.

I put in my notice the next day, and was gone to a different company within a week. I never told the management what happened or why I was leaving, mostly because I knew that they were in on it. One of my good friends remained with the company and actually ended up being a whistle blower against AMC, and his testimony along with other LO's was a big reason why they were shut down. Being that I knew how things at AMC operated and what a crooked snake pit it was, I continued to follow them in the news and on the web because I knew sooner or later that house of cards would collapse.

Roland Arnall not only knew what was going on, but encouraged it. They used high pressure tactics and threats to convince employees to write bad loans. They used bait and switch and a host of other tactics to strong arm borrowers into signing ARM's and other bad loans. I never regretted leaving when I did and I never looked back. From there I went to work for a small broker and I learned how to do things the right way, and I was thankful that I didn't stay at AMC. People made a LOT of money there. My former area manager was 25 years old and a complete imbecile and at one point he was making between $200k-$300K a month.

Greed will make people do all sorts of bad things, and when you are young making that kind of money in a crazy, drug and party driven environment like that you can easily lose perspective. I saw a lot of good people turn very ugly very quickly.

And yes...I believe Arnall is still alive. When you are one of the wealthiest men in America you can do just about anything, including fake your own death.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Go here

Ripoff Report

Type in search word Ameriquest......then read some of the stories on there from distressed borrowers and there are a lot of ex-employee posts on there that will blow your mind.

People think this kind of stuff only goes on in movies. Wrong.

BTW....Ameriquest has 10 times more complaints on there than the next closest competitor....literally.

Edit to add - It may or may not be a coincidence, but Arnall was also a co founder of the Simon Wisenthal center.

Check out this video

Youtube video

[edit on 6/28/08 by BlackOps719]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join