It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird sound coming frm ATS site?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
No it was definetly the banner ad. I closed the site and it stopped. It is the same noise that other banner ads use on diffrent sites.

Why won't anyone believe me... I'm not crazy... It happened... I'm not crazy... I saw it... it exist.....

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I can't get it to come up now, but I'm pretty sure I even know which one it is. At the very bottom of some pages there is a blue bordered rectangle with a tan center. It has "congratulations" in the upper left and a red "X" in the upper right. There's no identification, just a button that says "click to claim".

I'm real sure this is the offending rascal.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The only way to make the sound go away when I visit this site is to change the refresh rate on my monitor. You are not alone.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I heard beeps on one page that sounded almost cricket like. It synched up with a Pam Anderson ad so I just assumed it was another annoying ad with sound trying to catch our attentions.

I have heard the beep to real loud and annoying didn't know what was going on, thought my computer or speakers were throwing a fit.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Well I noticed that the cellphone sound usually is accompanied by a high pitched screech and one or two fairly loud staticy pops from the speakers. Sometimes it's so loud it's pretty unmistakable.

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I have had a 4 tone sound come on while on ATS of different pitches. Its happened twice one for several minutes the other for 20 mins. It never happens on any other site and I was waiting for the "Ashtar command" to sound in lol

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Actually u may mute the sound in Firefox using specific userstyle. Check the following link for detail.

hi.baidu.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Yea so I heard a SONAR like 'pinging' sound on my computer a few minutes ago,when I refreshed the thread I was at it stopped?Anyone know anything about this?

That was in a thread I started after I heard it myself just a minute ago.

I just heard a sound a few seconds ago that sounded like an electrical charge!!!With the same timing pattern!!!WTF is going on?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

Yep that's the one ! I kept hearing that, but repetitively the other day. Thought something was wrong with my speakers, my dogs and bird were going crazy, so i just shut my speakers down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join