It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird sound coming frm ATS site?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Has anyone notice a weird sound when you are on ATS? I'm on ATS like almost every single day and since yesterday I encounter this really odd sound while surfing the site.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by damefool]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I sure haven't...never, what sort of sound, describe it please, that might help in case others are experiencing what you are?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I heard beeps on one page that sounded almost cricket like. It synched up with a Pam Anderson ad so I just assumed it was another annoying ad with sound trying to catch our attentions.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Like a sonar ping?!!! I was just about to ask the same question!!!

It happened to me about ten mins ago. It has happened in the past from time to time. I thought it was someone tracking me somehow, or something a hacker was using.

Makes me paranoid.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Is it like the sound being discussed here? www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cell phone related I believe.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Yeah I actually got that today, i thought it was my U2U alert

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

The sound clip you referred us to is indeed a cell-phone signal. That is not what I heard today, or what I was referring to. Can't speak for the OP though.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

What you're hearing is a flash ad.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I'm sorry, I wont know what a sonor ping sounds like.

It was more like a humming machine sound on loop. Something you would regonize as the intro on a new Fear Factory song..

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by damefool
I'm sorry, I wont know what a sonor ping sounds like.

I've heard better but this was best I could come up with...
Sonar Ping

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
WAIT!!!.. I think its coming frm the ad banner above.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

That's it!!! I think that's just about the right frequency too! Where'd you find that?

I found these, but they aren't as close...
www.uboataces.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I think its coming from the ad banner above, ( The Killing Has Begun. www.bloodseason.com ) because once I put my cursor over that banner it started getting crazy and then.... the sound stopped.

Can any Mod confirm that?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It seems to be an ad banner, though I haven't bothered with tracing it down. I just term my sound off and go on till I need the sound for something later.

See, I know that all you paranoid genusis will go nuts finding it for me, and raising sand till SO gets rid of it.

I'm not lazy, just know how to harness the power of the brains around me.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Thanks for confirming that NGC2736. I did not want my paranoia to get the best of me, but having virus attacking both my desktop and my laptop in the same week. Hey, I gotta ask right?... Once again. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I hear that cell phone sound sometimes on my truck speakers even when my radio isn't on! At first I thought it was really odd. But I noticed that when I was at work when someone else would get a cell phone call, sometimes my speakers at work would do the same thing. it sounds like a series of beeping and popping with no specific pattern. It seems to always be different. I get it every once in a while here at home too on my baby moniter and on my speakers. It gets especially loud sometimes when someone is nearby on a cell-phone. Usually you don't hear it though...

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I used to get this crazy laughing sound from my speakers when on ats. I had an open window to ats once when I was viewing another page and that crazy laughter came on. I went what the shot. Thought I had a hacker in the circuits.

Than one day I noticed it was from an ats flash add with emoticons on it with big smiles and such. Solved....................

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
My computer started chirping earlier. It was an ad banner. I often times listen to music while I'm on the internet, this was obnoxious. I hope ATS will not allow advertisers to ruin an otherwise great site with obnoxious banner ads with obnoxious sounds.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Most of you probably know about this already.. But for more information on these annoying banner ads see skeptic overlord's thread..

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

But, as I said before, the chirping/beeping sound being referred to by the OP is related to cell phones nearby. But trust me I know how annoying these banner ads can be

-ChriS

[edit on 21-6-2008 by BlasteR]

[edit on 21-6-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
You might want to check your PC fan too...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join