It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$165 Billion More For Iraq, $2.7 Billion For the U.S.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Just stop and think about that figure for a second. I mean really.

$165 BILLION dollars.....of OUR money...gone...POOF....see ya.

That is probably more than the government has spent on the entire US Educational system in the last decade combined.

Good God......it is repulsive what these elected criminals are doing. And in the end all you can do is sit and watch and shake your head.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I have been saying this for years.

The politicians are beholden to the people who secure their seats in office not the American people.

If your a politician, you know you can raise a certain amount of money and you don't have to face an opponent unless he/she is rich or has name recognition.

This means you will do what the money tells you to do and not the people.

I actually think it is pathological. They have fooled themselves into not seeing how corrupt they are.

I think a few things need to be done.

1. Term limits - 4 year terms for 10-15 years or until things began to straighten out.

2. Public financing - This way our money puts them in office and not the oil companies or any other interest. We need to do this for 10-15 years or until things began to straighten out.

3. Change the House of Representatives to a Parliament. This is supposed to be "the people's house" so lets get the Green Party, Reform Party, Conservative Party in there. This way we have more voices in there.

This situation is out of control and if the people don't stop the Behemoth (government) we will soon reach a point of no return. A singularity so to speak when it comes to government and politics.

[edit on 21-6-2008 by polomontana]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Something I never understood was... why in USA there are only 2 party: democrats and republicans? In other countries you find so many different parties. Each one has its own approach/ideology very clear and easy to understand.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcube

It's worse than that. The "two parties" really are just one. The bi-partisanship is pretty much illusional. In the end, they are serving the same bilderberger / Banker / Corporate / M.I.C. masters all the same. The "electoral" process is a complete sham designed to keep the servant sheeples in pacification and servitude, and it has worked brilliantly for ages. It has just become SO transparent in recent years that people are starting to wake up to the fraudulency of it all...

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Well they can be stop, they can be deal with and the people can take back this nation to be what it was supposed to be under the constitution.

But thanks to the trash we have now in power this nation uprising will be deal with private armies, we will become the insurgency and will be deal with as terrorist.

But at the end yes we can win, see is not many of those holding this nation hostage.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by blackcube

It's worse than that. The "two parties" really are just one. The bi-partisanship is pretty much illusional. In the end, they are serving the same bilderberger / Banker / Corporate / M.I.C. masters all the same. The "electoral" process is a complete sham designed to keep the servant sheeples in pacification and servitude, and it has worked brilliantly for ages. It has just become SO transparent in recent years that people are starting to wake up to the fraudulency of it all...

Exactly,

The reason the corruption is becoming more obvious is because of the global economy.

The global economy will hit the middle class because of cheap labor.

The middle class has held this country together while the people in Washington did the looting.

The two party system is corrupt to the core.

They have different policies but these policies are both acceptible to the interests that keep them in power.

This is why they could care less if a democrat or republican wins.

It's really a grave issue because many of these politicians don't even know there corrupt.

They think if they attend a soldiers funeral or they help to fight for a special cause, that makes up for all the corruption that they do.

The American people are to blame for this travesty.

They have not kept the government in check and they buy the spin coming from these politicians and the media.

The media is not a watchdog on Washington, there co-conspirators if you ask me.

They all are buddies and travel and work for the same interests.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I sincerely agree they must be stopped. But I flatter myself in thinking that a strategy is required that relies more on the dissemination of knowledge rather than by the tools the the establishment has provided.

The free press was a critical component of the viability of the constitutional republic. In fact, I would go so far as to call it vital to national security. It is a civilian-controlled, legally protected entity - principally dedicated to the widespread dissemination of the state of affairs to their readership. Her reporters and editors were as important to the preservation of the "American Dream" as the soldiers who offered their lives in her defense.

It must have been a fundamental component of diligent citizenship to read the paper, to know what was happening around you - to accept some degree of 'ownership' of the state of your community or the nation - irrespective of ideology, or even class.

Our citizens appear to no longer be inclined to find out what's happening in the country, let alone the world. Many now require being told what is going on in their world, and as people are wont to do, they 'consume' information loyally from certain chosen sources. The press, swayed by the allure of commerce, wealth, and power, joined the those American institutions led by weaker men, those who's principles were weakest, and began the 'enterprise' of 'control'.

One tool the people must secure is that of the press. Currently, there is a mad dash to control all media by conglomeratists and corporate control 'enterprises', but the press is the key - it's permanence and it's persistence make it a precious commodity. I am hoping a popularly supported initiative might restore or as least insulate the press from abuse. It would be best to criminalize it's use as a tool of deception but we should at least establish a public awareness of what the threats are.

I could go on..., but I suspect maybe I've lost my audience by now...

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Do you honestly think Dubya gives a hoot in hell about your complaints of the war's cost?
You sheeple just keep paying your taxes. Dubya and his buds need the cash.
That's not a thumbs up. That's the hand of greed reaching deep into your pockets and your kids pockets to fund war and other unhealthy things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join