It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$165 Billion More For Iraq, $2.7 Billion For the U.S.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

$165 Billion More For Iraq, $2.7 Billion For the U.S.

www.opednews.com

Congress is starting a debate on the budget bill, which has $165 billion in funding for the war in Iraq, but only $2.7 billion for emergency spending in the US. That's a 61:1 ratio in favor of spending your tax dollars in Iraq, rather than here in the US.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This trainwreck of thievery never ends. That congress even APPROVED this $160+ Billion to CONTINUE this occupation that 70% of the nation wants to stop, is yet another slap in the face of us all. Keep that war-profiteering train just a' chuggin' along, congressional crime family! Who gives a crap if all of us little people continue struggling and suffering while you spend all of our tax-dollars lining the elitists pockets further! Who cares about domestic issues in need of looking into, all the money to be made for you greedy pigs is overseas!

The US infrastructure is failing, and levees all over the Midwest are failing, or getting ready to fail. Flooding is destroying homes and businesses across the region. Roads and bridges in America are in serious disrepair, and schools across the country are in need of renovation. The electric grid is a disaster. Investment in alternative energy and medical research to cure diseases is abysmally low.

www.opednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

But yet, Congress insists on this is all Bush but in reality they are the ones passing the laws and when stuff like this gets passed we know where the real culprit is. There is no stopping these people.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Indeed. This gov has truly evolved into one big, giant, happy crime family. They all keep screwing this nation over and acting like the populace doesn't even exist, except for when they need to extort more of our tax dollars from us for their profiteering ventures. The whole lot of them are morally empty, save for 1 or 2.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Congress is most definitely complicit. Talk about a conflict of interest:

By The Associated Press

03/04/08 "AP" -- -- WASHINGTON: Members of the U.S.Congress have as much as $196 million collectively invested in companies doing business with the Defense Department, earning millions since the start of the Iraq war, according to a new study by a nonpartisan research group.

The review of lawmakers' 2006 financial disclosure statements, by the Washington-based Center for Responsive Politics, suggests that members' holdings could pose a conflict of interest as they decide the fate of Iraq war spending. Several members who earned the most from defense contractors have plum committee or leadership assignments, including Democratic Sen. John Kerry, independent Sen. Joseph Lieberman and House Republican Whip Roy Blunt.

It's going to take a lot more than misplaced faith in congress to turn this ship around...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

they are just investing in Iraq, its not like your goverment takes a s**** about you, even china has a better disaster response then the US did when disaster struck its own soil.

think of it this way the 165+billion you people will be forking out will make some people very rich, its not like that money is going to Iraqis itsjust going to be diverted into US companies.

dont see why they just dont give the money right out insted of going through all this process

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
You know, these politicians make such a big deal about being savvy businessmen, at least if they applied business logic on behalf of the American people they would have to ask themselves, where the return on this investment for America? What good came of this for the people of the country?

Where's our 'profit'?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It all makes me sick to my stomach. They might as well just come to our homes when we are sleeping and hold us up at gunpoint. I'm seriously thinking about moving to another country in a few years from now. That is, of course, if the U.S. as we know it is even still around in another few years.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
makes me dam proud to live in Canada
were the Canadian economy is expected get better.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

And don't worry your country is under our protection.. You have the greatest ally in the world in the USA. Economies go up and down. Political morons come and go.

As for the OP,

That's a 61:1

Outrageous! 165 billion?? To secure what? The Middle East?? What about Iran? What about black market nuke plans being proliferated by pakinstanis? Securing Iraq accomplishes nothing compared to what could be accomplished on US SOIL!
What about spending 160 billion here at home on newer technologies????

Are you telling me the great AMERICA can't develop very reliable alternative energy??? Of course we can! We just have to put the money into the right areas!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Well now you know for whom our government works and for a long time I have been saying that they work for corporate America and the Haliburtons gouging our soldiers in the middle east.

Because when it comes to the defense budget corporate America in Iraq gets the biggest piece of the pie.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well...we know who the red headed bast$%^ children are. I am agog. Sure the folks in Iowa will love this as well.
Beyond contempt, surrealism, or reason.

Guess why we have been getting groomed these last eight years?...for the clipping.

Beware the militaryindustrial.....wonder where all those missing nuke parts went? Dare I think it?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Yeah i wonder.....Whats going to happend after US have bombed Iran. Its going to cost you even more tax dollars. Because if the US bomb Iran they are going to have to bomb them back to the stone age. The US wount get away with just bombing 80 nucke instalations without retaliation.

Now think:

160 some billion for irak and god knows have mutch it will cost you after bombing Iran. You americans gambel with you faith. If you havent thought about it!!! freedom is messured in Dollars. With out money you can do nothing. The more you americans have to pay in tax to this war. The less you will have left to spend on youre self. That means you will have less pocket money to by beer and petrol and so on.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by spy66]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Love ya posts as usual DD
But, your wrong in your OP.

That money is NOT for Iraq,
It most definately is not.

Its for America, the REAL America.

By Real America I do not mean the people, I mean the ones who control and direct the way of America

I mean:

Halliburton and Kellogg, Brown and Root
Bechtel
MCI WorldCom
Dyncorp
Flour Corporation
Perini Corp
Stevedoring Services of American:
Skylink Air and Logistic Support USA:
Louis Berger Group:
Research Triangle Institute
Creative Association Int. Inc

In other words
$165,000,000,000.00 for American Corporate Entities
$7.2,000,000,00.00 for Americans.

Tax dollars well spent, eh George?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
A "TRILLION" dollars plus spent on this insanity already. Dead and injured military...priceless.

You don't think that trillion could have tricked us out and make saudi's race gerbils in Kentucky?!

Oil men are what oil men do. You think they give a Gosh Dang about the environment. Every time I see that little man give some anguished American a hug for a phot op I puke a little in my mouth.

The Bush's are like a box of chocolates. You never know who's getting slicked next.

Big oil + big auto + big pharma equals little prescription screwed America.
Sometimes we can see the forest through the xanax trees.

Wonder what would happen if the unions came back on strong like the 20's? Internment camps? Waterboarding? Internal terrorists?
Those immigrants took an a$$ whooping to get what we had. And we let it all slip away....

Of course 'torture is a matter of opinion'. Recently read.

[edit on 6/20/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
If you all feel so strongly about yout tax dollars going to the war effort , maybe you should stop paying your taxes?
If enough of you started doing this then maybe it may change something.
But more likely you'll end up infront of the IRS for tax evasion/ avoidance and get sent to prison. But if a few million of you risked the jail terms, but the again you can all claim it's a breach of your human rights to jail you for doing something you don't believe in. Oh hang on didn't the US leave the human rights council?
Sounds like you Yanks are screwed Bigtime.
Neveremind "God bless the USA", more like "God help us all"...

[edit on 20/6/2008 by DataWraith]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Good post I couldn't have said it better myself. Don't forget CACI to interrogate Iraqi people, Blackwater, other private firms. Let us not forget that Blackwater is getting paid more money for the same type of work that your soldiers are doing. How about pay new army recruits and veterans more money for the exact same types of jobs. They can't though because soldiers are bound by Iraqi laws, whereas the Coalition Provision Authority does not hold any private contractors to Iraqi law, which gives them immunity.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by Equinox99]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This Needs To Be Investigated A Little Further I Think . If It Is True Then All Americans And The Entire Western World Needs To Take To The Streets And Protest This . I Know, Protests Don't Get Anything Changed . But If We Really Want This Crap To Stop Then We Need To Take To The Street ARMED TO THE TEETH ! These greedy scumsuckers in congress , with the exception of a very few , Need To Be Brought out And prosecuted . This Is Just Another Kick In The Teeth To The American Taxpayers ! No Matter If These Pukes Are Democraps Or Repukelicans . Their all Greedy Jackals That represent their real masters The Corporations not The PEOPLE ! They all have Stock In These Corporations That Receive The Funds that WE Pay For . Kick Them All Out ! Call Them To The Carpet ! An Armed Revolution Is The Only Way That We Will Ever Get Our Country Back To It's Rightful Owners - AMERICANS . If Some of us should die in the process Than SO BE IT ! I For One Would Gladly Fight And Die For My American Brothers And Sisters . My Grandchildren Deserve Better Of Our Country And Should NOT Be Shackled With A Debt For The Rest Of Their Adult Lives Because Of The Greed Of The Carpetbaggers In congress and the Whitehouse ! AMERICA TAKE BACK YOUR COUNTRY AND YOUR FREEDOMS . Enough is Enough . The Only Thing These Bastards will understand is A NOOSE ! And Don't Say It Cant Be Done . It CAN , But Only If YOU GROW A SET OF BRASS BA&Ls !.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by jhill76

Indeed. This gov has truly evolved into one big, giant, happy crime family. They all keep screwing this nation over and acting like the populace doesn't even exist, except for when they need to extort more of our tax dollars from us for their profiteering ventures. The whole lot of them are morally empty, save for 1 or 2.

Why don't the government make the oil companies pay for the war.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brothers

Why don't the government make the oil companies pay for the war.

Some would say because they 'own' the government.

Some would say because they "are" the government.

Some would say that its because the Bush administration represents the corporate presence of Big Oil and Energy conglomerates like Haliburton, so they are not going to make themselves pay for the war.

Some would throw in stuff about the IMF, the Bilderberg group, the Trilateral Commission, the Whole Bavarian thing, and some other such information.

In the end, we are paying for it, whether we want to or not, we have no say in who pays for it, there is no simple way to make them stop what they are doing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join