It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gloucester girls made pact to have babies - report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Gloucester girls made pact to have babies - report

www.news.com.au

A GROUP of schoolgirls in the Massachusetts fishing town of Gloucester made a pact to get pregnant and raise their babies together, a report said today.

Time magazine reported that 17 girls at Gloucester High School are expecting babies "more than four times the number of pregnancies the 1200-student school had last year".

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
What the hell??? What were these girls thinking??? It's crazy! It's like they have their own cult-mentality going on.

Now, I am against child-abuse and sex crimes, I really am. However, in this instance, when these girls went seeking their men, could they really be considered as purely innocent creatures and victims of statuatory rape?

I'm not casting judgement without knowing the full story. But, I could imagine that some of those girls probably looked over 18 and played the part of a seductress very well...

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Do they need help?????

How can I contribute!?!?!?!?!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

However, in this instance, when these girls went seeking their men, could they really be considered as purely innocent creatures and victims of statuatory rape?

Certainly not. And this is exactly why I am against statutory rape laws as they stand today. A fifteen or sixteen year-old can know exactly what they are doing just as easily as an eighteen or nineteen year-old can be duped into having sex.

Statutory rape laws should only protect those who are physically still children. Other than that, only standard rape laws should apply.

And what about child support? This is also why I am against men having to pay child-support automatically. Women have the choice to have the baby, have rape laws which protect them as well, and are just as capable as any man to go out and get a job. No man should have to pay child-support unless he acknowledges parentage. (Which of course, means at any point. You can't just try to skip out on child-support when things don't work out with the mother a year later.)

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
That's disturbing.

17 poor little fatherless lives

Those girls have no idea how they have messed up not only their lives but the babies lives too.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Excellent post sir! This just shows how far the war against manhood has gone. I seriously hope that this can help get a push to change the system.

Probably not, though.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Those girls who are around 15 or 16 and otherwise 'normal' know what they are doing when they go out looking for a real-time sperm donor.

I don't see them being guilty of statuatory rape, I see them being guilty of making a poor decision, probably due to their lack of wisdom.

When they're older, sure some of them will probably regret the decision that they made, but will they all regret the babies that they have?

If they want to involve the father in the child's life, then fair enough - pay maintenace. However, if the father is denied any contact, then why should he have to pay the bills?

Who knows... girls being girls, I guess...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Sorry for the one liner . . . but is there any surprise that this is happening in Mass.?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

also the fact that they can terminate a child and not have to tell the father.

how will these brats support the kids anyway?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
This is messed. It reminds me of An Officer and a Gentleman when the girls would try to get pregnant to snag a Navy guy.

It's things like this that make one stop and think....breeding licenses...now that sounds like a great idea!

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Original_Sin

That's disturbing.

Those girls have no idea how they have messed up not only their lives but the babies lives too.

In the old days people would have kids when they were 15 or so, other than people casting a modern eye on the situation, they aren't exactly ruining their lives.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard

That's disturbing.

In the old days people would have kids when they were 15 or so, other than people casting a modern eye on the situation, they aren't exactly ruining their lives.

The difference between then and now is that in the old days, the father and mother would be married, and would most likely stay married their entire lives.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

Originally posted by yellowcard

That's disturbing.

The difference between then and now is that in the old days, the father and mother would be married, and would most likely stay married their entire lives.

The marriage part isn't exactly historically backed, many historians have looked at marriage records and baptism records and they show that most couples weren't married during conception
...the father part is correct, I do think there is a big father/mother issue going on in this country, now that we've brainwashed everything into thinking that divorce is not only not frowned upon, but will likely happen.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Why is it anybody else's business if these girls decide to have sex and procreate? What, because you don't believe 15 year olds should exercise their biological imperative?

For all you know, these girls might be better prepared to be mothers (And from what little was quoted from the article, it would seem they plan to support eachother in this). They certainly weren't accidental pregnancies, like most teen pregnancies.

I'm certain to hear from responders to this post how the modern world makes this sort of decision a life-ruining mistake, but bollocks to you fellas. Grow up and start minding your own teenagers... and if you don't have any, stop trying to mind other people's.

In response to the previous posts whereas they concern Statutory Rape Laws, I agree this is prime example of why many such laws should be overturned.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
wether or not its a mistake and can ruin there lives aside. what the hell went trough their minds that made 17 teens get together and come up with a plan to all get pregnant at the same time ?

i understand that their planning to help each other out and support one another. but still things happen espicialy during something as seriouse as a pregnancy. what if one or more of them miscarry? thats happens ofton enough to be considered relativly common. how will they help one of them through that while that girl has to see all her friends with heir babys constantly reminding her about her lose.

and then theres post partum depression or possibly psychosis do they know about and understand those two problems and if so how do they plan on handeling that ?

and the chance one of the children will be born with some form of birth defect or disabbility sience im sure they dident know their partners family historys or if the both carry the gene for recessive disease? and even discounting all that who do they plan on rasing this kids are they all expecting their parents to do most of the work and pay for their upbringing ? this is just plain strange i hope they release updates on this story that explains the motivation for this.

[edit on 6/20/2008 by krill]

[edit on 6/20/2008 by krill]

top topics

join