It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Needles stuck in Mans Brain for 29 years removed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
No one knows how the needles made their way into the mans brain but the current thought is that someone stuck them in when he was a baby because they were on the inside of his skull.

DOCTORS in China have successfully removed three sewing needles embedded in a man's brain for nearly 29 years, state media reported.

The man, surnamed Guo, and his parents had no idea how the needles got into his head, but doctors who performed the unusual operation said someone likely stuck them through a membranous space in his skull when he was a baby.

"It's not possible for a needle to penetrate the skull otherwise, because the skull is extremely hard," Xinhua news agency quoted Zhang Zhiqiang, one of the neurosurgeons at the 999 Hospital for Brain Diseases in southern Guangdong province, as saying.

Guo only found out about the needles only after an X-ray in 1994 for a brain injury. Since then, he has travelled to several cities trying to find doctors who could help him remove them, but no-one dared carry out the surgery..................

www.news.com.au...^13762,00.html

Very weird indeed.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Dang, I would hate to feel the headaches that man would have been getting...so do you think his parents put them in there, or what.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
OMG thats unbelievable, gives me a strange feeling in my skull when I think of it. I wonder if it was a child that was around him as a baby and just got facinated by his fontanel and wondered what would happen if I stuck this there?

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
If the parents did do it they must have been sick people.

edit: how would they not notice?? wouldnt his head have blood on it ?

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by JustAnIllusion]

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
When Mount. St. Helens erupted the force of the blast blew straw through the trunk of a tree.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
When Mount. St. Helens erupted the force of the blast blew straw through the trunk of a tree.

This happened in china. Could the force of the impact go that far? And if it could, what are the chances of it sending 3 needles into one spot on a baby in China's skull?

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
straw cannot go through the trunk of a tree the mythbusters busted that myth.

Episode 61: "Deadly Straw"
A piece of straw can penetrate all the way through a palm tree if propelled by hurricane-force winds.

busted

Propelling a piece of straw at a palm tree at a distance of 50cm at 320mph (the world record for recorded wind speed at ground level), the straw only managed to penetrate the tree a quarter of an inch.

[edit on 21-8-2007 by hiii_98]

join