It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Stones From Heaven - Jewels Falling In Puerto Rico

page: 1
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This video was sent to me in an email and after watching I was very curious. There's this church in San Juan Puerto Rico that's been having some paranormal events happening. Very interesting stuff. I've never heard of this before. Watch video and tell me what you guys make of this.

Here is the Link for the video: Jewels Falling in Puerto Rico

YOU TUBE LINK


[edit on 19-6-2008 by Ocelot]

[edit on 19-6-2008 by Ocelot]




posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Interesting that the jewels were already cut, what people does to get publicity this days.

They are probably fakes



posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Interesting that the jewels were already cut, what people does to get publicity this days.

They are probably fakes


I though so too. The fact that the jewels appeared to be cut into different shapes rang some alarm bells for me, but so many? Over 1,000 precious stones have appeared on this church. Kinda makes you wonder.

And also what did you make of the Oil thing? This Bible dripping oil out of nowhere. That was very weird too.



posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Sci-Fi/Fantasy undertones.

Reminds me of that series where the young chosen acolytes go to the mysterious island where the magic stones fall from heaven. I can't remember the series...now that I slightly recall it, I want to read it again.

Yes this story reeks badly of fraud. However, if it brings super warmth and joy to some innocents who need that in their life, than I'd be ever so reluctant to burst their bubble. I just hope they aren't surrendering their life savings to this church.



posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012
Yes this story reeks badly of fraud. However, if it brings super warmth and joy to some innocents who need that in their life, than I'd be ever so reluctant to burst their bubble. I just hope they aren't surrendering their life savings to this church.


I understand where your coming from. I'm going to do a little digging and see if I can find some more information on this church.



posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well my family lives in PR, so I will be calling my mother tonight and will ask her about the church miracle, my younger brother works in San Juan for the Government so he will be able to tell something about this if is that big in the news, trust me is nothing but a hoax to get attention.



posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well my family lives in PR, so I will be calling my mother tonight and will ask her about the church miracle, my younger brother works in San Juan for the Government so he will be able to tell something about this if is that big in the news, trust me is nothing but a hoax to get attention.


I live in PR too. Born and raised. I did a quick search on the local newspapers and came up empty, if they're looking for publicity at least there doesn't seem to be anything on the local newspapers. Going to keep looking though.



posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Also I understand how the Jewel thing can be faked easily but the bible just dripping oil and wouldn't stop. How does that even happen? I can't even begin to explain that one.



posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Interesting post... if GOD could make stones appear, why wouldnt they be cut is what i would thinks....Aliens?? dont have it here on earth? weird? oil companies gifts to buy up their country through the idea of god??? maybe??



posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
When I was a teen...quite some time ago, I was going thru some very rough emotional stuff. I got involved with a church youth group thru the suggestion of a friend of my parents.
I was vulnerable, and impressionable at the time, and I witnessed supposed miracles, and was plunged in the waters of mass-euphoria during services, and actually experienced a kind of non-drug induced high.
I was hooked for quite a while, and it did allow me to heal spiritually and emotionally and get on with life.
It wasn't until later in life that I witnessed the not so holy side of that church and it's elders. I was somehow unable to get into that "holy-spirit" mode, and furthermore able to analyze the calculated and orchestrated production of a service and how they would lift you up, break you down, and lift you up higher just before the offering.

Edited to add:

I believe the gems and oil are ingredients of the euphoric recipe.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by primus2012]



posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012
It wasn't until later in life that I witnessed the not so holy side of that church and it's elders.


There's been many instances of local churches here in Puerto Rico involved in fraud and illegal activities over the years. Many of them reported on the news. So there's a history of con artists looking to make a quick buck by taking advantage of people. Especially in a country as religious as PR.



posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
I live in PR too. Born and raised.


I came to the US when I was 21, my family still live there, I was born in Fajardo, my parents live in Rio Grande.



posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I was under the impression that any alleged miracles in the last days would be false miracles.

The stones look fake and one in the beginning looked like it was chipped like glass.

Healings like growing back limbs etc. and bringing back the dead would be more interesting.

Jewelry and pouring oil on the pulpit isn't really impressive. I guess after so many hoaxes; it's hard to believe anything. So, where's all the money from selling these precious stones? Where's the appraisals?



posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Check out the closeup at minute 2:21 and 2:24.
At 2:21 the blue stone which is supposed to be so perfect is all rippley like it was poorly cast on the bottom.
At 2:24 the white stone upper left corner looks like a chunk of glass is missing.



posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
It is possible that these are actual "miracles". There have been many similar things reported recently. The only question is.... who is providing the miracles?

If I was a member of a organized church that was experiencing "miracles", I'd hope the miracles would be stuff like the sick and handicapped being healed, the poor being clothed and fed, stuff like that. Not freaking "jewels".

God doesn't really showboat.



posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I will believe it is a miracle when the pastor sells the jewels and takes care of the needs of his flock.

They can build a grand cathedral, feed house, and educate everyone if what he claimed were true.

Untold wealth from the most perfect of all gems on earth.
All that with just one of the stones, surely he can part with one!



posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
if an appraiser were to come forward, and tell everyone that these gems are real . . . that would be absolutely incredible.



posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ocelot
 


What about the lady in the Bible who had oil coming from no where after prophet Elijah spoke to her. Oh, and what about the time in the wilderness that quail came from the sky... oh and manna did too...hmmm...



posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ocelot
 

it could be either end of the spiritual level it could be angelic or demonic depending on what the miracles are making you believe in



posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012
When I was a teen...quite some time ago, I was going thru some very rough emotional stuff. I got involved with a church youth group thru the suggestion of a friend of my parents.
I was vulnerable, and impressionable at the time, and I witnessed supposed miracles, and was plunged in the waters of mass-euphoria during services, and actually experienced a kind of non-drug induced high.
I was hooked for quite a while, and it did allow me to heal spiritually and emotionally and get on with life.
It wasn't until later in life that I witnessed the not so holy side of that church and it's elders. I was somehow unable to get into that "holy-spirit" mode, and furthermore able to analyze the calculated and orchestrated production of a service and how they would lift you up, break you down, and lift you up higher just before the offering.

Edited to add:

I believe the gems and oil are ingredients of the euphoric recipe.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by primus2012]
those are both sides of religion and there are many more you cant ever believe someone elses way of reading the bible you need to really study it and ge what you need out of it

ps i do totally agree that alot of churches nowadays are using emotions to get ahold of you and why did you have to say you were young and vuneralble its almost as if you give credit to the church healing the unvunerable and you get teased but thats kindof part of standing up what you believe in

just because a church an alleged representative of God does something doesnt mean its godly be youre own church and please believe in God



new topics

top topics



 
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join