It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain's support among GOP women shows cracks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

McCain's support among GOP women shows cracks

www.sfgate.com

The challenges facing Sen. Barack Obama as he tries to woo supporters of former rival Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton could pale in comparison with Sen. John McCain's troubles with female voters - if the voices of a growing number of prominent Republican women are any indication.

"I cannot see a more counterproductive candidate for women," said Jillian Manus-Salzman, a leading California Republican activist and generous GOP donor in the nation's most populous state, an ATM for presidential campaigns. "I cannot vote for McCain."

Susan Eisenhower - granddaughter of former GOP President Dwight Eisenhower and a Washington, D.C.-based expert on foreign policy and national security issues - said Wednesday she is backing Obama over McCain because the Democrat has shown more understanding of how the Iraq war, the economy and other key issues affect women's daily lives.

And Harriet Stinson, the 82-year-old founder of Bay Area-based Republicans for Choice, said that - after 60 years of Republican registration - she has finally reregistered as a Democrat.

"I couldn't take it anymore," she said, arguing that on issues like funding birth control and support of sex education, McCain "couldn't be worse."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I swear McCain is looking more and more... well doomed, for lack of a better word.

www.sfgate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Perhaps those women are more vocal than the Republican women who ARE supporting McCain. There are many of us and by November I think there will be many more.

Jemison

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well McCain is nothing but a clone of Bush so everything Bush has supported so will McCain.

And as a woman he is not in the bit appealing to me.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Well McCain is nothing but a cone of Bush so everything Bush has supported so will McCain.

I'm not sure where you are getting your information. McCain is having problems with core Republicans because he is considered too liberal and has frequently opposed Bush.

Jemison

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Nothing but political rant to get the "liberal women" to fall in his ranks.

In our nation our political system is nothing but a joke full with clowns that only take time to look at the American people when they want to parade themselves in the auction block once every 4 years, after that they will serve their master very well.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Nothing but political rant to get the "liberal women" to fall in his ranks.

I really think you should check his voting record for yourself if you think that it's nothing but political rant. You might actually be surprised.

And love McCain or hate him, the fact that he has never had one penny in ear marks in any of his bills speaks volumes for his charachter. I wonder how many other people can make the same claim?

Jemison

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
He is nothing more than another politician running for the white house with pleanty of promises that are nothing than lies once he get his chance to serve his masters.

I have been voting since the 70s I have seen them coming and going and right now I can say that our political system is nothing but full of corruption and joke to the American people.

Show me an honest man in politics if you can.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Republican women for choice, or women in general, have never had much of a voice in the party. I just wonder why it has taken them so long to come over to the Democrats.

top topics

join