It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Explination of the "Mars Crab"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Well they made thier reply now loads people will BELIVE it, only the few wont but we few only have a small voice, NASA wont say anything else on thin now either.

AS usual another BS intel fron NASA imsurprised they didnt say it was a weather balloon blown to Mars from Earth just same BS as what they said on a way thats how stupid what NASA said sounds in what i said.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
the darkest of those images (the one that changes from light to dark) looks incredibly like some sort of skull to me... u can see the eye sockets.

or maybe my brain is messin with me?

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I think it's actually quite a convincing explanation. The part that did it for me was the spectrum analysis data:

Johnson took the visual color clues a step further. He measured the visible light spectrum from the Pancam image of the "bunny ears" and compared it to the spectrum of a sample of airbag material. The nearly identical spectra are distinct from typical martian soil or rock spectra and lead Johnson to believe that the "bunny ears" are, indeed, a wayward piece of airbag material or something similar.

jra

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Seems like a totaly reasonable explination to me. I always figured it was apart of the rover in some way. I don't understand why some of you people just outright reject NASA's explination. I mean what is the thing supposed to be then? Is it a crab? A bunny? A skull? No one here seems to have a solid explination, but nope. No way in hell it could be a part of the air bag... I'm not trying to tell you what to believe, but at least consider it as an option. I know it's not as exciting as an alien skull, but sometimes things arn't as exciting as we'd like them to be.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
the reason people like me think nasa is hiding something is that two martian days after it appeared, the object was gone, without a trace.there were no tracks, and if it had been blown away, the tracks from the airbag impressions surely would have been covered by sand, which they are not.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
i posted the same exact thing a few hours ago............ y the hell is it so hard to believe this?!?!??!??!!?! not everything scientific anomaly has "aliens" behind it!

jra

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   
The tracks made when the rover origonaly rolled into the creator you mean? well the sand looks pretty 'muddy', in the sence that it sticks together, not like the kind of sand you'd find at a beach or what have you. And there could be a light breeze, enough to blow the material away.

If the thing was alive, there are no signs of it leaving. No little tracks across the sand, nor any sign that it burrowed into the ground. So i just figure it blew away.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
So there is wind on Mars? I thought there wasn't any.

but then maybe im just dumb

jra

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Oh there is plenty of wind. Mars has some strong stroms. Hence all the dust in the air that makes the sky that redish peach colour. I would imagine that any planet that has an atmosphere would have wind.

[Edited on 7-3-2004 by jra]

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   
but arent nasa saying that mars has practicaly no atmosphere?

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Yes, Mars' atmosphere is much less dense than Earths, but there is still wind there as there is here. The massive dust storms that occur every so often are a good example of just how strong the Martian winds can be.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
sorry you'll have to excuse my ignorance.

personally i think that nasas explanation is true.

however i am open minded to the possibility that nasa is using mars as some sort of breeding ground for the creation of an army of killer martian sand bunnies...

we can only pray this is not true.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Man, you guys need to use your brains here for a minute.

NASA will tell the public anything to get them off their backs.

There's no tracks that you can see because "they" do not want you to see them. Throw in the fact that there is not another 360 degree panoramic photo to examine and you can begin to understand that where this "thing" went to is out side of most of the shots from SOL2 on. Plus the fact that they made the rover to a little "dance" where the "crab" was spotted, possibly to cover up any close up evidence of tracks that might have been left behind.

Okay no here is the biggy. WHAT is generating the World Wide Storm events on Mars ?

If there is very little atmosphere and no open bodies of water and no eco- exchange systems, plants, evaporation etc. Then how does a basically "dead" planet all of sudden generate huge winds that accelerate into a world wide storm ????

What is the interaction that develops the winds ?

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Um. If NASA were trying to hide anything, why would it have released the pictures in this form in the first place?
Wouldn't they have airbrushed the anomoly away or waited until it had moved before releasing the photos?

It's not like the anomolies were hard to spot and they released them to the public without knowing that they were there.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
If there is very little atmosphere and no open bodies of water and no eco- exchange systems, plants, evaporation etc. Then how does a basically "dead" planet all of sudden generate huge winds that accelerate into a world wide storm ????

How does the Sahara have wind? Or any area on Earth not near a body of water?

Why would Mars (or any planet with an atmosphere) not have winds?

[Edited on 8-3-2004 by Kano]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Um. If NASA were trying to hide anything, why would it have released the pictures in this form in the first place?
Wouldn't they have airbrushed the anomoly away or waited until it had moved before releasing the photos?

It's not like the anomolies were hard to spot and they released them to the public without knowing that they were there.

Bite the hand that feeds you. Its a standard issue with a lot of conspiracy theories and real conspiracies.

Many "theories" come about based on information from those that are being accused.

If there is a real conspiracy, one involving a high level of organization, then no one would be posting it on this forum. Real conspiracies would only be making thier way to a public forum once they diluted enough to be more general counter-culture or alternative knowledge.

Maybe, i'll start a new thread on this....

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
Man, you guys need to use your brains here for a minute.

NASA will tell the public anything to get them off their backs.

There's no tracks that you can see because "they" do not want you to see them. Throw in the fact that there is not another 360 degree panoramic photo to examine and you can begin to understand that where this "thing" went to is out side of most of the shots from SOL2 on. Plus the fact that they made the rover to a little "dance" where the "crab" was spotted, possibly to cover up any close up evidence of tracks that might have been left behind.

Okay no here is the biggy. WHAT is generating the World Wide Storm events on Mars ?

What is the interaction that develops the winds ?

Never heard of the Coriolis force?? It is a force created by the rotation of a planet. Mars atmosphere might be thin but there are gases and particles in it anyway so, the rotation of mars will create movements in those gases and particles which will create wind and storms. Just like here on earth...

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by amantine
I think it's actually quite a convincing explanation. The part that did it for me was the spectrum analysis data:

You think it's convincing that they give an explanation, yet, don't give the proof?

Why doesn't NASA share the data of the spectrums with the public to convince us.

I haven't seen the spectrum analysis data and would love to compare the two myself.

I still smell NASA #.........

jra

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

There's no tracks that you can see because "they" do not want you to see them.

So you're saying they photoshoped them out? well gee why didn't they just photoshop the whole thing out?! it would take a minute, the thing is really small. I mean seriously if you're going to spend the time to get rid of the tracks, get rid of thing making them too. It seems really stupid that they wouldn't. Hell why release the pic in the first place if they saw a lifeform in it which NASA supposed is hidding from us.

I don't think NASA has done anymore panoramic shots, because they have been busy doing other things like examining the dirt upclose and what not. There is only so much they can do every day. I believe once the rover moves into a whole new area it would take another panorama shot to get a better idea of where it is and where it's going.

Are you sure the rover went over the spot where the "crab, skull, bunny, take your pick" thing was? That little "dance" it did was to test out the driving system. Making sure everything worked. You wouldn't want to be doing something and then to find out later that you can't turn left because it's broken.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
Bite the hand that feeds you. Its a standard issue with a lot of conspiracy theories and real conspiracies.

Come again? "Bite the hand that feeds you."? Who's paying for NASA's services?

I'm with worldwatcher on this one. NASA has simply added another theory to the pile. I certainly appreciate a response from them!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join