It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would the ideal weapon be?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Love is not a weapon, plus people will always disagree with each other its just in our nature. And the karate master trains his whole life to do some kool moves, I can pick up an gun and shoot him dead with no trainig
All that for nothing

[edit on 3-8-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Unless he takes the gun from your hands and breaks your neck.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
necro by the time he will be close enough to me to do that, he will be in a pool of blood. Guns are far more superior than any karate move. What would you chose?

The Gun or the Karate moves?

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
An ideal weapon is a drone that goes out and hunt stupid tree hugging peace nik liberals that want to cut the military.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
A wave machine that dissolves people out of the time stream, so they never even existed. Basically a reality maker machine.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
The ideal weapon

Mind Control, If you control a enemies mind you have no need for any other weapon.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
necro by the time he will be close enough to me to do that, he will be in a pool of blood. Guns are far more superior than any karate move. What would you chose?

The Gun or the Karate moves?

a good master has a great reaction time and most likely would have moved fast enough to get to you and take the gun out of your hands or you could just use gunkata the martial art form that use the body and the gun

ethier that or he'd use a ninja star!

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
"Build a weapon out of strong materials that lasts indefinetely?" Just the opposite.Or else they end up sending troops into battle with old Lee's and Springfields.Captured oned used by the enemy for decades and decades.In Viet nam,Arisaka's and Moisin's,even French Mle pistols.

"Less parts as possible." Not if you need safeties and selectors and attachments all over the place as yur government ordered.A perfect example of a weapon you described is the Russian Tokarev 7.62 pistol. Not even a safety,just the hammer at half cock in the early models.But you Yanks said it was crap,although flawless in operation.

"Stripperclips." Easier said than done.Try pushing in 20 7.72 rounds like we had in our FN's. You end up with bloody fingers.

"Seal the action against extremes." Do you? I owned a civilian AK. Open ejection port.Gaps ,holes all over the place.Never jammed. Then again it was the range,but its reputation is well earned. The M16 action is closed,but works lousy.
I know.Stories about Iraqi AK's being found inoperable because they were full of sand. I think they buried them before capture.Propaganda here.The AK is simple to maintain.

BTW,can anyone explain the "sawteeth" on the top of the new M16 reciever.Seems they are doing away with the carrying handle,with was a great idea.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Above all,start with the magazines. Build the rifle around that.

"Caseless ammo?" Yet to see it work. The casing produced in quantity are infintessimally inexpensixe. And why were brass cartidges introduced in the first place? One word: WATER
Always keep your powder dry.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
umm buddy you know on any rifle its not a carry handle its an iron site you not actually supposed to life it like that cause it supposedly messes up the sights.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Buddy? I am talking about in the field.One hand carrys the rifle,by the handle.The other carrys concertina wire,support ammo,ration buckets, or whatever.
Why would it upset the rifle's sights? Unless you mean the hingged recievers have some play in them.Or the M16A2 sight is more exposed on that handle now.
The Galil and other AK variants do NOT use a hinged reciever and work very well. The Galil is just as accurate and has a handle on it.Besides I was an armourer and have seen FN rifles with the hinge missing because it is only a screw. I do not agree with those push-pull pins like on the M16 either,you then need a tool.
Selective fire? You ound out that is only for ultra professionals.therefore a three round burst that wrecked the trigger pull.Guess what? Someone noticed lower range scores,and wanted the burst feature taken out. What next? Try making it RELIABLE! Nooooo

[edit on 3-8-2004 by stgeorge]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Know what? You tried full scale battle rifles and were not happy.You tried the M16 for a lighter gun and were not happy.You are trying bigger shoulder arms like .50's and 20mm's.Rediculous.
Go back to the M2 carbine which was small ,light,popular,just rechamber it for a newer high velocity round.I fired a civvy M1.I liked it.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
a good master has a great reaction time and most likely would have moved fast enough to get to you and take the gun out of your hands or you could just use gunkata the martial art form that use the body and the gun

ethier that or he'd use a ninja star!

If you are close and can throw a fast punch even the best martial arts master will not have enough reaction time to block it. A good puch will only take a very small fraction of a second. No person no matter how fast of a reaction time could see and react to it in time.

Now some masters will know your going to throw a punch before you throw a punch.The reason why tennis players can get a serve back from Resedsky is because they know where the ball is going to go. They can tell from the way they move to how they look. Someone that is really good will know in advance that you are going to attack just by the way you move and look. This becomes less of a reaction time but more of a reflex that is learned over time.

The more you practice repeatedly, the faster it will be drilled into your memory. It's not really neurological memory that counts, but 'muscle memory'. Slowly, your reflexes shift to what you have been taught, maybe over the course of several years.

[edit on 3-8-2004 by ShadowXIX]

[edit on 3-8-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
actually a good punch would take like a second and since most masters have reaction times of hockey goal keepers ,the fastest in the world i might add, they would stop you quite effectively

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Anyone ever see that 80s film with Val Kilmer called Real Genius? A condenced energy beam from space, possiblly from a satelite.

That the one where they make popcorn???

The ideal weapon would be one that doesn't kill the enemy.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilWasp
actually a good punch would take like a second and since most masters have reaction times of hockey goal keepers ,the fastest in the world i might add, they would stop you quite effectively

That is why you twitch your arm a little then you go in with the kick the master wont even know what hit him
Id like to see a karate master block a .45 colt slug heading his way

[edit on 3-8-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
umm actually a kcik takes longer than a punch so i would guess he would block that as well.
and also what happens if he wears armour?bang ha ha oh crap he's not dead! smack!

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
"The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his rifle!" -GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY.

[edit on 04/8/3 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
"The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his rifle!" -GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY.

[edit on 04/8/3 by GradyPhilpott]

yup
true true.
nothing kills better than marines.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I think the most ideal weapon for modern times would really need to involve some sort of means to disrupt most/all digital communications within an area the size of a medium city.

think about it, digital cell phones, digital phone lines (like ones on a DSL or Cable modem connection), digital television, the internet- all taken out. This could enstill quite a bit of fear, because let's face it- we've all adapted to the digital lifestyle quite nicely.

Basically, an EMP bomb.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join