It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would the ideal weapon be?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
There is a weapon not often talked about...it kills through means of radiation and doesn't destroy buildings or anything else outside of its blast radius of only a few hundred yards...it is the Neutron Bomb. It emits massive neutron and gamma radiation which can penetrate armor or several feet of earth, irradiate that armor or earth and kill anyone in that area over the course of days. It's maximum effective range of radiation is three miles. The United States discontinued production of the bomb in 1978. Production of the bomb resumed in 1981.

By the late 1970s American nuclear scientists had developed the W-70 neutron warhead to be used with the Lance tactical missile.

Used over a battlefield, a one-kilotonne neutron bomb would kill or incapacitate people over an area twice as large as the lethal zone of a 10 kilotonne standard nuclear weapon - but with a fifth of the blast.

A lethal dose of radiation for a human being is measured in rads...the level at which radiation becomes lethal to humas is 600 rads...The Neutron Bomb is packed with 8000 rads designed to incapacitate on contact with skin.

In 1978 President Jimmy Carter halted neutron device production as concern grew over its effects on the arms race.

But according to the damning Cox report into China's nuclear espionage, Beijing's agents had stolen neutron bomb secrets before the decade was out - the first of many warhead designs targeted by the Chinese.

While the US says it never tested a fully working neutron device, officials believe China tested the technology in 1988.

Mr Carter's successor, Ronald Reagan soon reversed the policy and the W-70 warheads resumed production in 1981.

But does it work?

Only a small number of neutron warheads were produced and Washington never deployed the weapon alongside its other nuclear forces in Europe because of the surrounding political controversy.

W-70 warheads appear to have been completely scrapped as part of the arms reductions of 1993.

[Edited on 033131p://u22. by Hard Red]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   
sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
LOL sharks with lasers on thier head would be interesting-the only problem I see is this- wouldn't the lasers would lose all their power trying to push the beam through the water? I might be wrong though anyone know?

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
one word................................lawyers.

Or is that the worst weapon ??

[Edited on 29-5-2004 by Kobyoshimaru]

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Anyone ever see that 80s film with Val Kilmer called Real Genius? A condenced energy beam from space, possiblly from a satelite.

Aye, he uses it to pop a housefull of popcorn at then end.....

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Maybe some kind of chemical weapon with hallugenogenic properties to enslave entire races at one time. Meh, I dunno.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The ideal weapon would be one that saved lives instead of taking them away. A weapon that spread love instead of hatred. A weapon that made peace. . . .

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
The ideal weapon would be one that saved lives instead of taking them away. A weapon that spread love instead of hatred. A weapon that made peace. . . .

If I'm not mistaken, thats called pot...

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by Lythium]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Weed, indeed......weapon of mass satisfaction....maybe I should make a thread i nthis forum titled that

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a bullet made of ice! it hits them...and melts away...so there's no trace left...

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
lol!! This topic really show how crazii some of you are...

Craziiest replys:

wow that would be a great and such a scary enemy

wtf...a stone will stop a tank...yeah sure, now run along to the mental home!

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Cool that would be one of the best..i must steal it!!

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
pfft.......oh well...XD

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Has this thread about run its course?

I'm thinking "Yes," so if you have actual on-topic comments or questions, it will remain open. If not, it will be closed. BTS is a great venue for comedy posts.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I reckon a massive tesla gun in space would be cool.It would be even better if you could target whole cities or single people

[edit on 30-7-2004 by greeon]

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think weapons that can produce their own ammo in the field would kick some butt. Like a gun that can quickly turn sand into glass bullets for use in a desert or one that can turn water into ice pellets for use in snowy or watery areas. Maybe even an incredibly powerful 'water gun'.

For all I know, we may even have weapons like this already.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
How about a weapon that stops conflicts before they start.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
How about a portable computer that could hack into anything computerized and take control of it. You could control the worlds most advanced militaries with that thing. Ever played the game starcraft? Create your own race of Zerg. That would be cool until they escape your control.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The best weapon would be armies of this one cloned person who is smart and very tough so you just keep cloning them and if they die oh well send in the clones kind of like star wars but you get the idea.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by arsenine
sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads

I agree here. Sharks with laser beams

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join