It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deals With Iraq Are Set to Bring Oil Giants Back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Deals With Iraq Are Set to Bring Oil Giants Back

www.nytimes.com

Four Western oil companies are in the final stages of negotiations this month on contracts that will return them to Iraq, 36 years after losing their oil concession to nationalization as Saddam Hussein rose to power.

Exxon Mobil, Shell, Total and BP — the original partners in the Iraq Petroleum Company — along with Chevron and a number of smaller oil companies, are in talks with Iraq’s Oil Ministry for no-bid contracts ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
No bid contracts...

No bid contracts...

Just great, so they can gouge again for whatever they want. I mean, it's not like there's a ton of competition for these guys but we should still hold them to some reasonable standards.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Yeah, I was just discussing that same little fact on this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

This isnt a surprise though, this has been in the works for years.

Edit to add;

What pisses me off is they worked it so that the US and British Taxpayers paid in cash and blood, to go in an forcefully take this oil from the Iraqi people who paid with a lot more blood, and now that Big Oil has it they are making us pay some more by price fixing. We need to wake up people.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
No bid contracts ala halliburton and blackwater. Welcome to democracy Iraq...American style.
Lord have mercy on our souls.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Now you see why Mccain would have us stay there for 100 years.
As soon as we would leave they would nationalize oil production.
But it's not going to work because the whole energy bubble is going to implode in the next few years, if they don't come up with any alternatives.
Bicycle....bicycle.... i love to ride my...bicycle.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I was always under the impression that we weren't supposed to do 'no bid contracts'. I happen to closely know someone who is a military contractor, I'll speak with them and see what I can learn about this.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Well what can anybody expect, our soldiers are to be the personal bodyguards to die for the big oil barons and their workers as they rip apart the Iraqi people and their natural resources.

See democracy comes with many names . . . is just to the wealthy in charge to define the meaning of it.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

give it a few years and we may have another Iran
when the Iraqis have gatherd enough strength to rise up and take their country back

by then maybe they will have aquired a few toys from the US aswell

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I thought about the same thing brodul, eventually the Iraqi people will take back their country and then let see what the oil barons are going to do when the oil becomes nationalize again.

Countries like Iraq with a whole set of believes and traditions will not last long with an emerging elite ruling thanks to a western nation robbing their natural resources.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I think that is why we will never leave Iraq. Even if we do downsize our troops, we will make up for it by allowing more "contractors" like Blackwater in.

Blackwater is nothing more than a mercenary army. As long as we the American people pay for mercenary armies to suppress local people and take their resources, (or lend them our own standing Armies to do the dirty work for them) the Iraqi people will not be able to take back their country, their oil and do as they wish with it.

Edit to add a really nice article on the mercenary issue;

www.thirdworldtraveler.com...

[edit on 23-6-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

new topics

top topics

join