It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arms Sales and the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Ok this is i think maybea touchy subject, but it has to be addressed.

UK biggest arms seller

Ladies and gentlemen, i am not here to to demonise the UK, i am afterall a citizen of this wonderful country. I am however pointing out a flaw in the system, not only of the UK but of the world in general.

We condemn war at all opportunities, we condemn tyrants and insurgents. Yet we turn around and supply them with weapons! Can you imagine a world where we didn't sell weapons to every country available? Can you imagine a world where we kept our arms to ourslelves? People our countries, from the USA to the UK are supplying deadly weapons around the world. Our weapons are not just used to kill people, they are used to destabalise the entire world.

We are part of the problem, we are not the sole cause but we are making the problems worse. Why in gods name are we seling arms to other nations? Our allies i understand, but lets face it, we sell arms to countries we're not in favour with. How else would they gain such weapons.

This has to stop, or we will be faced with a world where weapons are cheap and death is simple, and we, as citizens of our respective countries, will have been implicit in the acts involved.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
You have to seperate the national volksgeist from the elites actually dominating the economic processes. If you do that it all makes sense, as people want to do the right thing, but at the very top of the economic ladder lie a bunch of people that don't give a flying f***.

Solve the problem of elitist dominion and the world will have more peace.

new topics

join