It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid Rock: "Steal EVERYTHING"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Kid Rock, the rock and roll singer from Michigan, has posted a video on Youtube telling the kids of America that downloading songs illegally is fine. He goes further by saying "Steal Everything!" he advocates stealing laptops, MP3 players, cars, and gasoline. the link to the video is here

www.rollingstone.com...

Although the legality of using sites such as Limewire to download music for free is still up in the air, Kid Rock's message of "stealing everything" is extreme and dangerous. I wonder what his motive is to post such a video. He probably has a new song or album coming up, and he just wants to get on the nightly news.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by XFoxMulderX]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Kid Rock has a beef with iTunes. He doesn't think artists are paid enough when their music is downloaded from such sites.

Kid Rock boycotting iTunes

Besides, he thrives in an anti-authority environment.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I wonder if he was doing it in a tongue in cheek kind of way. Trying to get the point across that stealing is stealing, if you are comfortable stealing songs, why not go whole hog and steal everything else.

link   
Just watched the video. I am somewhat amazed. It's hard to say what he's going for with this video, and I hope it dosen't result in a crime spree and yet more kids in jail because they don't know any better.

Maybe he is just socially aware and realises that the average joe is being ripped off by corporations and elites every day?

Very hard to say.

link   
HE could also be saying if you are going to steal music go ahead and steal everything else.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Yeah, it's a bit of a tie between anarchism and sarcasm in this one. I doubt he will get into trouble for it.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Kid Rock
This guy

This guy is valid excuse for birth control in my opinion.He can't even put a complete sentence together with out sounding like a complete idiot.Sorry kid rock fans but "I tell it like I see it".

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Kid Rock is complaining about not getting paid as an artist? That's funny! The guy makes a living off stealing other artist's song styles. The latest one he tries to pretend he is Lynard Skynard. I bet he just sits down in a studio with handfuls of his favorite songs and edits them until he can put his own words to them and calls it 'his' music.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by ben91069]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
You guys are not to quick on the uptake.

I think someone should have informed kid that his audience may not "get it"

He is being sarcastic 100%. He is saying just because "you" don't think stealing songs is a big deal and "you" justify it because artists and labels have money, imagine a world where everyone thought this way about things that rich people had or made ("steal it the owners won't miss a few buck, they are rich after all) and think for a second what kind of place this country or world would be if this line of thinking took hold. OK now with THAT in mind

I thought the following was a intresting yet eye opening as well as extremist reply ) in regards to the obvious sarcasm and satire of Kid rock's video post;

Kid, your satirical point makes more sense than your actual argument. In these times, if some underpaid youngster wants to steal from the rich, it’s 100% fine by me, as long as he gets away with it.

now wait for the reasoning......

I’m no Marxist. I love Capitalism. But I HATE FEUDALISM. If the rich want to separate this country into lords and serfs, then the serfs (aka most of us) still have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness — by any means, legal or illegal.

i guess the poster notices the gap between the rich and poor growing while the middle class gets wiped out

If the president and his cronies can break the law out of greed, we have every moral right to break the law out of need

www.rollingstone.com...

[edit on 3-7-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Yes more whining from a overpaid millionare,this doesn't change my feelings about him partly because I think he is a talentless bum,now his career is waning,needs to get in news somehow,I've scraped better thngs off the bottom of my shoes then his opinions

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
can't stand kid rock..
talentless dolt. does his opinions even matter?

join