It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That idiot on CNN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
So I'm watching CNN and this reporter on there is in East St. louis and he's talking about the levees failing and he says these are not just corn firlds there are business' here.WHAT??? what does he think them corn fields are??recreational
I wander if he thought about it before he said it. Them corn fields are peoples livelyhood and there income.If i was a farmer i would be so offended..well i'm offended anyway..did any of you see or notice that??

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'm not at all surprised. If you think about it, it all comes down to a matter of perspective. In truth, destruction of both fields and business areas are both devastating.

I think the reporter in question had a case of "open mouth, insert foot" thing going on.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
well they siad the levees might fail in St. louis if it swelled to 40 feet..I feel they are just trying to start a panic by meking us think about Katrina and how it affected the lower percent of income families wich happin to be mostly black, and ive been to east st. louis and its mostly black, ya know the U.S.A. love a tragedy and if there isnt one they will try to scare you into one lol

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Remember, these reporters are face-monkeys. They are told what to say and they say it.

The real joker is the producer or writer, a victim of their own propaganda, believing that the 'businesses' are the most important things in the world. The rest is just 'plants'.

Pathetic.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I don't think they are trying to start a panic. I live in Kansas just this side of Missouri, and I have been to St. Louis many times. During the flood of 93 the Mississippi flooded badly and the arch was party under water. There are many businesses out there. Actually in St. Louis proper there are not many cornfields at all. Just city and I mean downtown type of city. I think the reporter meant city type of businesses and not farmland. Granted there is farmland there, but like I said, in St. Louis/downtown proper where Old Miss flows, it is mainly city slicker stuff. The reason I say they are not TRYING to cause a panic is beacuse this is a very real and serious thing! No panic about it. These businesses could be under water in days. No joke. I here in Kansas am actually worried about the Missouri river too. If it breaks it's levee we could actually see half of the city cut off from the other half. We call it "north of the river" or "south of the river" depending on where in the metro you live. Most people here in my city work in downtown KC. Can you imagine us that are "south of the river" not being able to get to work? Bad stuff dude.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I think you misunderstood cowgirl, im saying that the reporter or cnn(i think reporters who do live from events write there own stuff) sounded like he didnt conceder farm land a business

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I live just south of St. Louis not even an hour and my wife works downtown and the Arch has Never been partly under water LOL

East st. louis is a constant eyesore has been forever year after year there is corruption and so on and it is very dangerous there, not saying that there aren't good people there too cause there are..

i hope for the best for the people of east St. Louis but in all likely hood like in all other situation regarding and or dealing with politicians it will be good for the politicians and only sorta okay for the people ...

Respectfully
GEO

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
ya i grew up outside of la and ive never been as scared as i was when i broke down in east LA!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
ya i grew up outside of la and ive never been as scared as i was when i broke down in east LA!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Really, I have pictures, I will have to dig them out and get to WAlmart and scan them.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
OP, I understand your perspective on your post. I didn't see the CNN report (can't pick up CNN on the ol' satellite), but as reported by you, it resonates to me as someone with a "city" perspective. When disasters hit, I think there's a tendancy to measure them in dollars, and based upon primarily immediate impact. Those cornfields represent, for me, a frightful potential for a bump-up in food shortages, as well as real destruction of local businesses. IF the real long-term impact of this situation could be truly realized, I think it will translate into serious repercussions, and not just locally. Drought destroying crops in California, floods destroying crops there. It's all out of whack, and we all have to pick up the pieces. People there seem to be doing what it takes to put their lives back together, and they seem stand-up -- doing what they have to, working together.

I think the dollar is a poor measure of how natural disasters affect us.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
What he was probably getting at was that next year the corn field will still be there. Without infrastructure, will anyone be working the fields?

With the businesses gone, there is no infrastructure to support the the farm life. The area can become wiped to the equivalent of uninhabited.

Even Farmers need support infrastructure.
Where do you even buy the materials to rebuild, if all the businesses are gone?
Where do the children go to school?
Where is the medical care?
How do all the people who form the support infrastructure survive there to keep the farmers in the field if there is nothing left?

Remember that most of those people do not have flood insurance. Everything is just gone for them.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
well you guyz keep giving him the benifet of the dought, but i think it was just plain bad reporting, he thought he had a good piece and he blew it. i wander if the big bosses caught it

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The media is full of complete and utter morons that know absolutely nothing about what is really going on in the world.It almost appears as they are robots just going through the motions.They sit there with their perfectly groomed hair that often looks like a helmet and read what is doled out to them on a teleprompter. They often say the most idiotic things; for example listen to this tool ask the dumbest questions about a new Nasa scram jet plane:

I know fake news central has the worst of the worst but it is all the news networks.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Speaking of r-tards on CNN, I was watching this morning and they were showing entries for the mascot for the London Olympics from BBC. They had like a sock puppet and some guy with no pants. Then they showed one entry that was a Lion and a Unicorn holding the Olympic torch. And the dumb broad who reads the teleprompter and her crony were both like: WTF is that? I have no idea what a lion or unicorn would be doing at the olympics. Then they proceeded to laugh at their own ignorance. Grr it was really annoying.

No, not everyone knows what is on the coat of arms of England. But the people who are supposed to be "journalists" should.

new topics

top topics

join