It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh Compares Katrina Victims to Iowa Victims!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlesMartel

cmon now, asking welfare parasites to take care of themselves is as useful as giving them job applications.

They just won't do it.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Many in Illinois, Iowa & Indiana, simply do not think it is ultimately the government’s responsibility to step in and resolve problems like this.
Having been raised in a small farming community in Illinois I can remember my Dad saying that the best thing the Government can do is "Leave us Alone".

Unfortunately many have a different view of the role government should play. For instance in Milwaukee, there was a near riot when people heard that food stamps (vouchers) were going to be handed out to replace those supposedly lost due to the flooding.
Some complained that they lost $150 dollars worth of meat n the freezer when the power went out and felt it was the obligation of the government to replace it. One poor woman got trampled due to the crowd rushing the door to get their food stamps.

here is a link to the story with some pictures:
www.jsonline.com...

Instead of standing in line for hours and wasting a whole day, they could have been doing something productive, like helping the community in some way.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by Sparky63]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

I know many people who were on welfare at one time in their lives due to circumstances beyong their control who are now productive citizens. I would not be quick to classify all of them as parasites, although some would merit this distinction.

Anyone engaging in criminal activity while on the "Dole" is in my opinion worse than a parasite.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by Sparky63]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Let's put it plain and clear, Limbaugh is a devisive neo-con propagandist and anyone listening to his destructive distracting drivel has the IQ of Bush,,, 91.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
And why blame them for that? They were in the middle of chaos just trying to survive. What happened happened and the insurance companies should pick up the tab. If I were caught up in that hellhole and freezing cold, the last thing I would be doing is trying to find the store owner to pay for the coat I need. People in NO lost everything, and with the absence of aid for days of course they needed to ignore normal law and order to survive. Normal law and order ignored them...

This thread is infested with mildly disguised racism and no common sense.

I am mixed, there is a good point here, but the circumstances are a lot different...but I think your post fails to address why looters in NO stole TV's and other electronics...stuff that aren't a "staple" to life. I don't think it's a race issue, I think it's a cultural issue...New Orleans residence that were effected the worst had low incomes and were more than likely drawing from Welfare, so of course they would turn to the government...but in no aspect does that justify their looting and killing. Again, I think that is a cultural aspect, not a racial aspect, that needs to be addressed. It all boils down to, why does American society cling to tightly to possessions...and why are a large portion of residence in all colors and creeds living off of the government. I am going to have to blame the education system, that has robbed people in "inner cities" of holding value to anything but possessions, have no core values, and why are we treating them in a despicable manner by not educating them properly....education is key, and we don't educate well here in the states, especially not in the "inner city" regions of America.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
The diference is 1) You have a more rural setting with smaller communities that have more personal relationships and less concentrated damage per square mile, 2) You don't have so much of a population that was victim of racism and has a collective trauma and an understandably negative view of the white population, 3) these people weren't abandoned for days in an urban setting and left to their own devices while the police promptly defended the richer population and restricted access to aid while cadavers were floating, 4) you don't have white supremacist morons in new orleans spreading the feel good factor to other white supremacist morons.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by Zepherian]

First, I am NOT going to be politically correct here, so if you are offended then tough. I don't care what the background situation is/was in NO-LA. the general demeanor of the people there were "What are you (Bush/FEMA) going to do to help?" The people in Iowa/Illinois said "We can handle this." And they did. The difference is in the perception of entitlement. Many southern blacks feel that after years of slavery, and bigotry and racism, they are entitled to restitution.

Well not on my tax dollars! I am sick and tired of the whining and moaning about lack of government support. Go get a job and work instead of complaining about welfare not paying enough. If you are in bad situation, and need assistance, that is what "Christian charity" can handle, not government entitlements.

And I am not racist, I feel that everyone should be treated equal, and nobody is entitled to live off of my tax dollars while I have to work, submit to random drug testing to keep my job, pay the high cost of fuel to get there and back, and still pay my bills and feed my family.

How many welfare "TAKERS" are required to submit to drug UA test? And how about illegal aliens?
Jefferson said, “I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”- “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
NO and Iowa have nothing to do with race and everything to do with where they live.

People who live in the city are savages. I'd say they act like animals but even animals don't act like they do.

People who don't live in cities are nice, calm, good people. If you have a flat in a city you'll be robbed and raped before you get it changed. If you have a flat tire in the country you'll have to beat people off with the tire iron as they come to help you.

It wouldn't have mattered what the race was. In fact they even showed white people robbing stores. Except Fox usually had "Find" while blacks "Stole".

Its something about city life that makes people crazy.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

Thank you so much for an informed response. I found it hard to believe that such comparisons could be made without thought of the difference in the two populations and the economic situation of both areas and of the concrete reality of what took place. Your response gives me a little confidence that not all white americans are morons

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

food, clothes, ok sure. But why rape, shoot at police and shoot at helicopters bringing in help; why randomly kill? Is that needed to survive a disaster?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I never thought I'd say I agree with Limbaugh, but.... I live south of Houston, a few miles from the bay, and was under a mandatory evacuation notice for hurricane Rita, which was a category 5 before landfall with winds up to 230 mph. At that speed, pieces of my house would have been blown to Oklahoma. It eventually dropped to a category 3. I sure made my decision to get the heck out before the government told me to. I keep an emergency box set up for this situation with a supply list, and I keep frozen water bottles at all times. I have boards ready at all times for my windows. I had a plan. My neighbors had plans. My friends in other cities, close by had plans. If you live where hurricanes hit, you have a plan. The point is, we had some kind of plan other than sitting on our backsides, waiting for the government to "do something."

Within 3 miles of my house, traffic was building. 15 miles later it was the biggest traffic jam you can imagine where I clocked average driving speeds of five miles per hour several times. That's just about walking speed. It took me 14.5 hours to go 110 miles. My plan was to get to Brenham, Tx.. People were having problems--cars breaking down, pets getting too hot, etc.. People were stopping to help each other. I know a family that was offered a place to stay by a complete stranger. I promise you that if I had seen someone walking down the side of the road with a bag in their hand, I would have picked them up, and I am sure others would too. Traffic was so slow that a person could have literally ridden on a car's trunk fairly safely. If I had known an elderly person in my neighborhood, I would have checked on them before I left and taken them with me if they didn't have a way out.

Evacuation is almost like anarchy and just about anything goes, the goal being to get out, so walking, riding on the outside of a car/truck, vehicles with outdated inspection stickers, grandma tied on the roof, etc.. would have been overlooked in the interest of getting people out.

This is a long way to get to the point, but if those "poor" people in NOL had started walking instead of sitting on their backsides waiting for help, many COULD have got out, if they wanted to. It's all about action instead of reaction.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
"I see devastation in Iowa and Illinois that dwarfs what happened in New Orleans."

Is this a serious statement?

The amount of hate and ignorance in this thread disturbs me.

There are too many variables in situations like this to understand exactly how and why things play out. I understand that you guys are all so intelligent and strong that you would have handled the situation so much better than all the stupid lazy people did but you should try to get over your own arrogance a little bit to have a little compassion.

You don’t know what it’s like to be in some one else’s situation and you don’t know how you would have reacted. But even if you are so awesome that you would never need any help, not everyone is you. If are so amazing and strong, why don’t you have a little empathy for those weaker than you?

The fact that so many people have contempt for other people because of their situations and weaknesses is really disgusting.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by eric52081

i agree with you and with rush. in situations like this, people tend to show their true colors. in the midwest we see a strong work ethic and decent people who understand what it means to be citizens and neighbors. in places like new orleans we see...well we all know what we see.

if obama is elected i'm afraid we will see more and more of the latter and less and less of the former nationwide.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by eric52081

Sorry but that was a myth there was only ONE attempted rape at the dome and that was stopped by police,at the end of the day four people were dead not the hundreds reported.What IS true however is that vast majority of people in the worst hit parts never left.Thats right the emergency crews begged them to go and most refused,so i dont feel bad for most of them,just the handicapped and elderly and animals,those people couldnt help themselves the rest got what they asked for.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Crime Rates
• Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
• When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
• Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate.
• The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.

[Interracial Crime
• Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
• Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
• Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
• Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.

Gangs
• Only 10 percent of youth gang members are white.
• Hispanics are 19 times more likely than whites to be members of youth gangs. Blacks are 15 times more likely, and Asians are nine times more likely.

Incarceration
• Between 1980 and 2003 the US incarceration rate more than tripled, from 139 to 482 per 100,000, and the number of prisoners increased from 320,000 to 1.39 million.
• Blacks are seven times more likely to be in prison than whites. Hispanics are three times more likely.

White People ENDED Slavery

Many blacks like to point back to slavery hundreds of years ago as the reason for their collective inability to prosper. The simple fact is that white people are the ones who ended slavery in America – but black on black slavery in Africa never ended and is alive and well today…an inconvenient truth avoided by white apologists.

One needs to look no further than present day Africa to see what life would be like today for African-Americans if they had escaped the slavers of history.

Perhaps you don’t want to admit that concentrations of negro populations correlate to lower standards of living world wide…not just in the US. In Africa, 33 nations qualify as “4th world nations” (even lower than 3rd world). In order to qualify as a 4th world nation you have to have:
• Low-Income (three-year average Gross National Income per capita of less than US $750, which must exceed $900 to leave the list)
• Human Resource Weakness (based on indicators of nutrition, health, education and adult literacy) and
• Economic Vulnerability (based on instability of agricultural production, instability of exports of goods and services, economic importance of non-traditional activities, merchandise export concentration, and handicap of economic smallness, and the percentage of population displaced by natural disasters)
The classification currently (as of April 16, 2008) applies to 49 countries
Current 4th World Nations
Africa (33 countries)
• Angola
• Benin
• Burkina Faso
• Burundi
• Central African Republic
• Chad
• Comoros
• Democratic Republic of the Congo
• Djibouti
• Equatorial Guinea
• Eritrea
• Ethiopia
• Gambia
• Guinea
• Guinea-Bissau
• Lesotho
• Liberia
• Madagascar
• Malawi
• Mali
• Mauritania
• Mozambique
• Niger
• Rwanda
• Sao Tome and Principe
• Senegal
• Sierra Leone
• Somalia
• Sudan
• Tanzania
• Togo
• Uganda
• Zambia
Eurasia (10 countries)
• Afghanistan
• Bangladesh
• Bhutan
• Cambodia
• East Timor
• Lao People’s Democratic Republic
• Maldives
• Burma
• Nepal
• Yemen
Oceania (5 countries)
• Kiribati
• Samoa
• Solomon Islands
• Tuvalu
• Vanuatu
North America (1 country)
• Haiti
Obviously, the racial makeup of the inhabitants of these nations is the primary factor responsible for their current reality.

Perhaps the Obama presidency will finally allow a frank and open discussion of race issues here in the US. And hopefully, white Americans will take the necessary steps to ensure that our country does not devolve into a lesser state due to an increasing population of underperformers.

If we do not 1) realize what is happening to us as a nation and 2) take corrective action…we are doomed.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by eric52081
This man is right I havn't seen any looting or crime or any complaining from the good people of Iowa so why did they complain in New Orleans when katrina hit. This really drives a point of mine home thats for sure. Here is a link to the website.

www.truthfighters.tv...

Why is it that you, and many others who make comments like this, always say something like "it drives the point home", but are too chicken to say what that "point" is?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
To supplement the previous posters quotes on Rush Limbaugh about his racist comments in the past:

I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.

Can you imagine if a liberal host said anything that offensive?

You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.

Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?

Right. So you go into Darfur and you go into South Africa, you get rid of the white government there. You put sanctions on them. You stand behind Nelson Mandela — who was bankrolled by communists for a time, had the support of certain communist leaders. You go to Ethiopia. You do the same thing.

Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.

The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.

They’re 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?

Take that bone out of your nose and call me back(to an African American female caller).

I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They’re interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there’s a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn’t deserve.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join