It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh Compares Katrina Victims to Iowa Victims!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Rush will never admit it, but really what he's saying is, "big city people are scum", "democrats and liberals are scum", and "black people are scum".

I can't deny the simliarity of these events, or the dissimilarity of the results. But you have to ask yourself what you think really causes this dissimilarity. I think just about anyone but Rush Limbough would have the intelligence to understand that it is WAY more complicated than just race and political affiliation.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by phl0gist0n]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by phl0gist0n
Rush will never admit it, but really what he's saying is, "big city people are scum", "democrats and liberals are scum", and "black people are scum".

Sorry, but that is just your twisted view. He will never admit it because it's totally untrue, except perhaps for the democrat & liberal part. Rush is NOT a racist.

By your ridiculous statement, it's obvious you have never listened to him, so what extreme liberal media are you getting your info from?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by morbidtracie

Your experiences are consistent with those reported to me by my buddies. Both of them were apalled at the TV coverage. One of them told me, "they're seeking out the worst of things, and showing it over and over, like it's the standard." Now, of course, this is a second-hand report and I am unwilling to reveal the guy's identity, but he was later honored among a dozen others in a citywide presentation of thanks for service above and beyond. Would anyone be surprised to know he is a former Marine, and owner of a dog who also worked her tail off?

We believe what we wish to believe, and the TV coverage of most of these things is rated towards ......... ratings. Don't bother showing people helping each other, what's the point of that? Show people helping themselves to idiotic things that won't further their survival, like electronic equipment.

Again, this is something I'm unwilling to hold up the guy and foster "PROOF", but both buddies felt that the local governments were more concerned with how they would appear, than in actually saving lives. I know. That's a hard thing to say, and impossible to prove, and perhaps unnecessary to say. According to the buds, there were people willing to drive the busses, but the "official" bus drivers were unavailable, and the predominant reason that they sat immobile, was the legal question of who is responsible for the people on the bus? Who pays for their stay away from NOLA once transported, and how long does that responsibility last? If that's true, I have to say that it's a valid point, however, not one that feels in the least bit human. More political BS. Where in U>S. history....... where did we stop doing all we could for our people?

Rant over. Thanks for your patience.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by phl0gist0n

I don't feel this is true either. Just my opinion, but I've listened to him for miles and miles and miles, crossing back and forth between Utah, Nevada, Idaho, Colorado.

I don't think Rush pulls any punches; I think he shoots from the hip and tells "his" truth without reservation. As I've said before, I've disagreed with his opinions frequently.

I've never gotten any sense of him that he's a racist. I do think that he sometimes says things that are politically incorrect, things that resonate as truthful to me, but things that would be frightfully unpopular to say. He was on a "feminazi" rant for YEARS. I thought that was wasteful. He was painting with a broad brush (no pun intended) and it just got to be absurd.

If I met him, I'd shake his hand, if he was willing. I've absolutely hated him, over all the miles I've traveled with no choice (at the time) but Rush, or hellfire-and-damnation preaching on the radio. I've also appreciated him.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
The people who want the government to do everything for them and the people who are more self reliant. Plain and simple as that.

I agree that the people of NO did not help much. The thing is though the Government and FEMA let it boil over in purpose. My county sent a fully loaded Advanced Life Support rig with two Medics all the way from Michigan. Fema sent them back and said it was under control....they didn't need help.
Something is very wrong and smelly with FEMA...

It was left to go out of control so YOU would more easily accept martial law one day. Dont get duped. After you witness them turning away a rig FULL of drugs, sterile saline, food, water, blankets and two of the best paramedics in the business you would smell it too...

It smells like corruption...we could have saved a LOT of lives.

Edit for typo's

[edit on 19-6-2008 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by phl0gist0n

Right, because there are no big cities, no Democrats, no liberals and no black people in Iowa. Good lord. Maybe it has something to do with many of the people that stuck around during Katrina being leeches? Anyone that relies on the government to wipe their butt for them is scum. Lazy, reprehensible, useless scum. Get a job. Save your money. Take care of yourself. Raise and teach your children morals. These are the same people that are against carrying guns on campus and would rather just wait for the cops to show up after a shooter takes out 32 people.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by ChocoTaco369]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I personally find it a disgusting comparison.It only highlights Rushes completely
racist personality.Many of the people of New Orleans where of a completely different social and economic status.Iowa and Illinois for the most part are a rural areas;New Orleans is a City.Many of the people of New Orleans had no way or economic resources to leave the city. The death toll comparison is
horrible for anyone to make...not even in the same area code if you will.

Yep, I bet while the news coverage of those people in New Orleans on the 5th day, dying and begging for FEMA to bring water during the 90 plus degree days; Rush was sitting in his air conditioned home with his feet propped up with his sausage fingers holding that clown size cigar sticking out of that smug disgusting fat "pain killer popping" face.He is the worst example of what it is to be an American.I am truly sorry World for this Human paraquat.!

[edit on 6/19/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Doesn't look like he needed any economic resources to get around does it?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

No it does not but your using a stereo type to judge a city full of people.In an urban environment you have more people per square mile;and in that smaller area you will have concentrations of bad people.It is a fact.Your generalization using that picture shows that we still have a long way to go as a species.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Rush is right again. He is not racist he simply stated facts. What happened in NO has not happened in the midwest. I have lived in small towns in the midwest and have lived in big cities (East and North) as well.

A higher concentration of people in the big cities does have a tremendous impact on crime; escpecially more low income or poverty stricken people. The values of the midwest also have a big impact in reducing crime. Black people live in the big cities and SO DO white people. Black people live in the small communities in the midwest and so do white people. To me this issue is not about race at all but more about values and simple math; better values equal less crime. Less people equal less crime.

I'll take small town America any day over a big city for cleanliness and quality of life. However, I do miss all the attractions and events of the bigger metroplitan areas.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Can this thread die already. Pretty pointless dicussion. Why react to anything this man says? I mean, seriously?! LoL! He is a nut. He said Michael J. Fox was faking the symptoms of his disease. Let's move on people.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
reply to post by eric52081

I was agreeing with you until this...

And NOLA is a mostly black community and I wonder if that has anything to do with it also????

This shouldn't become RACE thread, you might stick to it being geographical or just NO as one entity rather than going with one side or the other.

I am sure there wasn't only people of color doing the deeds when the levee broke.

Of course this is a race thread.
Seriously, you think otherwise?
Make your points people, but let's not pretend this thread IS NOT about black and white. If it make you uncomfortable, then so be it.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Blah, blah, blah, blah. We get it. If someone speaks the truth that no one wants to hear, let's call them "racist." Since we don't like the facts, and since we can't fight the truth, we can AT LEAST discredit the person that speaks the truth. That way, no one will believe it. Here are the undeniable facts:

Katrina was great at exemplifying how much the liberals have destroyed America. They have by and large completely stalled the African American community. The liberals and the MSM have put it into black people's heads that if they find themselves in a tough spot, the best thing to do is not to stand tall and fight for yourselves - it's to blame white people, since all white people do all day is sit around a roundtable and think of ways to keep black people down. These people have been brainwashed to think the reason why African Americans have the highest crime rate and the highest jobless rate isn't because they have become dependent on other people to do things for them and have lost the spark of self-betterment that they used to have in the 1950's. It's because America has specifically made strides that makes it now HARDER to black people to get a job and fit into society.

DEAR GOD!

No one is holding back black people in today's society more than themselves. Every problem that they faced by and large in Katrina is because of their overwhelming inferiority complex and laziness that has kept them from bettering themselves as a community. Yes, there are racist people out there that don't care for African Americans, but I would be willing to bet my bottom dollar that the average black person is far more bitter or hateful towards white people than the average white person is towards the average black person.

The reason why the people in Iowa are handling things so differently than the people in New Orleans is because they don't have an inferiority complex. They are confident in themselves and they are willing to take charge and better themselves. They'd rather FIX THEIR SITUATION than sit around, do nothing, wallow in sorrow, then play the blame game when the government doesn't come swooping down like Superman to wipe their bottoms, then call the government "racist" because most politicians are white, and these white politicians OBVIOUSLY have it in for black people

I guess that happens to make me a racist for pointing out the truth? I guess in America these days, we're only allowed to point out the truth if it doesn't hurt anyone's feelings

[edit on 19-6-2008 by ChocoTaco369]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Limbo is a fat slob. I will be glad when they pull him from the air some day. The guy depends on other bogus news articles from around the world to create any boring media. I have never heard anyone repeat themselves over and over again. Who cares what he says, after all, he is what "drive by media" is. I can't believe how un-american he is, I drew the line when he did the most unpatriotic thing one can do, he manipulated the voting process with operation chaos. What a loser

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
reply to post by slackerwire

No it does not but your using a stereo type to judge a city full of people.In an urban environment you have more people per square mile;and in that smaller area you will have concentrations of bad people.It is a fact.Your generalization using that picture shows that we still have a long way to go as a species.

In an urban environment people also have more opportunity to prepare, to evacuate, or at least to do something for themselves.

Sadly, NOLA proved what many people think: Welfare losers are nothing but a drain on others.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ChocoTaco369

Wow, your post is prime example of what I am talking about.I am sorry but your post is so obtuse; You basically have said Black people have inferiority complexes and ...let me get this straight....that is why they suffered and died in New Orleans? Am I getting that right ?And wanted help from the same government that has FEMA for these types of situations and that they have paid their taxes into as well?

AAAAAnd the people in middle America where it is mostly white don't have inferiority complexes so that is why they where able to as you put it pull themselves up and take care of themselves.And you don't see anything wrong with that post?

Not to mention the fact I never even brought up half of what you a saying.I believe I only called one person a racist and that was Rush! No one else.Your right I don't need to label him a racist...he does a bang up job of that all by himself.

[edit on 6/20/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

It ever occur to you that perhaps there is a connection between the welfare rate in NOLA and it's residents refusal to help themselves?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire

It ever occur to you that perhaps there is a connection between the welfare rate in NOLA and it's residents refusal to help themselves?

Still stereotyping with that in my opinion.
You equate: (welfare rate=Black people).

[edit on 6/20/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Uh not quite. It seems you are the one with the racial chip on your shoulder. I couldn't care less about race. Why are you so racist that you equate welfare with blacks?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I tell you what......Let another Katrina hit NOLA and see if TX is so fast to send help next time. That city was 90 percent black thugs. Most of which were or are in prison. I much rather see my tax dollars in Iowa than NOLA.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join