It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh Compares Katrina Victims to Iowa Victims!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by eric52081

mush loosebowels is a fool and an idiot. To compare the relatively well off of the upper mid-west with the poverty stricken, abandoned and trapped poor of New Orleans after katrina is a new low even for that bottom feeder.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

mush loosebowels is a fool and an idiot. To compare the relatively well off of the upper mid-west with the poverty stricken, abandoned and trapped poor of New Orleans after katrina is a new low even for that bottom feeder.

Mr Grover, do you know how those people became "poverty stricken, abandoned and trapped poor of New Orleans"?

60 years of the Democratic party running the state into the ground.
teaching these people that the government should take care of them instead of them taking care of themselves.

God save Bobby Jindal!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

mush loosebowels is a fool and an idiot. To compare the relatively well off of the upper mid-west

What well off upper mid-west people are you talking about? The ones that I have seen in the news are mostly farmers.

with the poverty stricken, abandoned and trapped poor of New Orleans after katrina is a new low even for that bottom feeder.

Are you kidding? Are you talking about the same people who took their FEMA debit cards and spent them on big screen TVs and strippers?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

You should look in the mirror.

Most farmers are not 'well-off'. A lot of these towns affected are poor.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Iowa farmers are well off? What planet are you from?

Whose fault is it the people in NOLA were "poverty stricken, poor, or trapped"?

NOLA had one of the highest welfare rates in all of the U.S.

think there is a reason for that?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire

And what would that reason be pray tell? The Kernel is all ears.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kernel Korn

Originally posted by slackerwire

And what would that reason be pray tell? The Kernel is all ears.

Decades of irresponsibility by its citizens and reliance upon government to take care of them.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

Compared to the people of the inner cities yes the farmers are indeed far better off.

Try low wages for one.

Unless of course you are one of those heartless souls who believe in blaming the victim.

And in case you failed to notice many of the people in the ninth ward were HOME OWNERS!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Compared to the people of the inner cities yes the farmers are indeed far better off.

Try low wages for one.

You are so wrong.
The difference is the farmers are working poor while the inner city poor are government handout (welfare) poor. The point is poor is poor.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Considering they had more than enough warning to get the hell out of dodge, and instead relied on government to take care of them, yes I blame them and their ineffective ELECTED leadership.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Katrina was in Aug 2005 and there are still people sucking off the government teat for money.

I'm willing to bet that the people of the midwest won't be whining for aid as long as the Katrina "victims" were.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Try low wages for one.

You are so wrong.
The difference is the farmers are working poor while the inner city poor are government handout (welfare) poor. The point is poor is poor.

Correct poor is poor there is a difference between working poor and sit on your a$$ and do nothing poor and the fact is the people in the midwest are hardworking Americans who just are exploited by big government and big business where as these people we are referring to in New Orleans are people who work how do I put this delicately dont exactly work real hard. They collect their government checks and call it a day. There is a difference and as we see with Obama ANY race can make a change in their lives if they want to. The fact is most of these people dont want to.....bring on the flames.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Ever been to Iowa?

The difference is not in income levels or skin color. The difference is moral fiber and generational work and life ethics that is sorely missing in much of the world.

When you see 3rd generation career criminals with no positive role models that they identify with, you find whole regional generations tht truly do not know the difference between right and wrong. They live in the moment with no thought of consequences.

I have worked with youth in DE, NJ, FL, TX, TN, AR, OK, and CA. The only real differences I observed was accents.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well....this has gotten quite serious...not sure if I can get away with a little joke, at "Thrush Limburger's" expense???

OK, here goes...

What's the difference between the Hindenberg and Rush Limbaugh?

One is a flaming bag of hot gas....and the other is a dirigible.

'Nuf said!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by eric52081
This man is right I havn't seen any looting or crime or any complaining from the good people of Iowa so why did they complain in New Orleans when katrina hit.

No one is complaining because Katrina was a racist hurricane. It hit New Orleans because it's mainly African American. Also, Bush decreed that FEMA do a bad job because he doesn't care about black people, just like Kanye West said.

It's, simply put, all about work ethic. The people that stayed behind in New Orleans were poor for a reason - they were lazy people with weak characters and weak morals. They want the government to do everything for them because they are too lazy to do things like get a job or raise their children. The people of New Orleans were lazy pieces of garbage by and large who were poor because of their own lack of work ethic, and it's easier to blame Bush and the government for their situation than admit they were stuck there because of their own lack of good character throughout their lives. The people of Iowa know that life is what you make it, and they know that sometimes misfortune strikes good people. That's the difference between REAL Americans and the liberal leeches - the REAL Americans understand some things are beyond their control, and they're willing to take responsibility for their actions and work hard to get themselves out of a hole. The trash in New Orleans find it easier to do nothing and complain when the taxpayers don't come to the rescue.

But vote for Obama. It's a great way to turn the working class citizens in Iowa into the trash of New Orleans, dependent on the government to wipe their dirty bottoms every day for them. Yay, wealth distribution

[edit on 19-6-2008 by ChocoTaco369]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Spoken like a true American. I agree, If they continue to sit on their butts and not try and better themselves then why would people still take for them? They refuse to work, take care of their children, and to at least finish high school. And this mentality comes from the thinking that we still owe them something? The only thing I am going to give them is advice. And my advice to them is, if you can't find a job then move somewhere you can.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
The differance is that people in NO had no idea the levees would break. The people in Iowa did.

Cowgirl, I'm not sure how you can claim that statement to be true. Take a look at this news story.

GULFPORT, Ill. - Juli Parks didn't worry when water began creeping up the levee that shields this town of about 750 from the Mississippi River — not even when volunteers began piling on sandbags.

After all, FEMA and local officials had assured townspeople in 1999 that the levee was sturdy enough to withstand a historic flood. In fact, some relieved homeowners dropped their flood insurance, and others applied for permits to build new houses and businesses.

Source: news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I live in Iowa. Please don't run down the Katrina victims and say they aren't as deserving as the Iowa victims. We are/were both in a pretty bad position. Also, it's not a race thing. I've seen people of many races and nationalities out sandbagging the levees. You talk about Iowa values. Here's one, we don't point at other people and say we're better than you. God bless us all. Dan in Iowa (and Dad to Tippy the Wonder Dog).

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join