It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh Compares Katrina Victims to Iowa Victims!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I'm tired of people making excuses for this or that. The people of New Orleans knew there was a hurricane days before it came. The local and state officials just blew it off. Blame the feds or even George Bush, but his hands are tied until the Governor request federal help. This is how FEMA really works, the feds just can't show up and take over. Everyone saw the photos of the flooded buses, not George's fault, but a local issue.

As for Iowa, they have been through this before, several times. Call it whatever you want, but they seem to have a sense of working towards a common goal, keeping dry.

As for comparing the cost or property damages between the events. Rebuilding New Orleans so it will flood again is just stupid, but then no one asked me for my opinion before it was decided to rebuild it. As for Iowa, hundreds of thousands of people will be a little more hungry as the corn and soybeans in the fields are just gone. Put a dollar amount of hunger, it's hard to do when you can't buy more summer time to replant and harvest grain.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
What reason would Limbaugh have to compare Iowa with New Orleans, unless he was making a not so subtle swipe about race. It serves no purpose other than to get people riled up along racial lines.

It's a disgusting and divisive tactic.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
The local and state officials just blew it off. Blame the feds or even George Bush, but his hands are tied until the Governor request federal help. This is how FEMA really works, the feds just can't show up and take over. Everyone saw the photos of the flooded buses, not George's fault, but a local issue.

I think the blame does need to be shared by those who lead.

As for comparing the cost or property damages between the events. Rebuilding New Orleans so it will flood again is just stupid, but then no one asked me for my opinion before it was decided to rebuild it.

These towns near rivers have flooded many times. Bet they will rebuild to be flooded again another day. That is their decision to make though.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I thought this video might hep.
notice that it shows pictures of both blacks and whites.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
The diference is 1) You have a more rural setting with smaller communities that have more personal relationships and less concentrated damage per square mile, 2) You don't have so much of a population that was victim of racism and has a collective trauma and an understandably negative view of the white population,

[edit on 19-6-2008 by Zepherian]

victim of racism and collective trauma? Bwahahahaha you're kidding right?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Oh my god, how you people love to lie!

What's all this about rape and murder at the Superdome? The media wanted to report something terrible, so they made a bunch of # up - talking about wild made-up death tolls, cannibalism, child abduction, wholesale rape and murder - at one point they were talking about piles of corpses in the basement, like some sort of Louisiana Auschwitz.

There's only one problem - none of it was real!

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.guardian.co.uk...

NYT Link

I realize that it would be a lot easier to justify the hate-mongering and race-baiting if all the stories were true, but they're not! Come back to reality, we miss you...

Waving guns at helicopters? Remember initially the reports stated that people were shooting at the helicopters? Whoops, turns out they were just trying to get the pilots' attention, or they were shooting at each other on the ground. Turf wars don't stop just because the city floods.

www.reason.com...

There were no rapes (at least no substantiated, witnessed, testified-to rapes), there was one apparent murder that week, and one suicide, and another dead body that was brought to the dome, as far as I can tell.

A lie repeated often enough...

Doesn't it eat at your conscience to lie so much? How does Rush sleep at night?

Why do so many people insist on listening to this fat, white, hypocritical bastard? Isn't this the same turd who told us drug addicts deserve the death penalty? Oh wait, he wasn't talking about white drug addicts...

What an unrepentant scumbag, and shame on y'all who are feeding his ego and towing his lines around.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
As I read this thread I am made more aware of the fact that food and corn prices are going to skyrocket. This is the breadbasket of America that is underwater.

The threadwww.abovetopsecret.com...
should be read in light of the Breadbasket Floods.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

I don't believe those news articles at all. I had a brother in law that was there with the army helping out people and moving bodies. Those crimes did happen I dont care what the media says. Only one murder come on now. More people get murdered in a normal week in new orleans than that. Seriously 1 murder that makes me laugh. The cops in New Orleans murdered more than 1 person. I live in louisiana and I talked to people who were there and heard their personal stories.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by eric52081

I know you don't believe the reports, because they don't fit your agenda.

As soon as you heard that people in NO were looting, shooting, raping, pillaging, and eating the dead, you believed it as you would believe the word of God, because it fit neatly into your presuppositions and prejudices.

If you expect me to take the word of your brother in law over the reportage of 3 highly-respected newspapers, you're out of your mind.

I have a second cousin who says he saw Margaret Thatcher in her underwear while on holiday...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

I assure you I am not kidding. The history of the black man is full of exploitation and widespread tragedy, and the mental trauma is not just individual, it is a culture, handed down from father to son, mother to daughter, grandparents to grandsons... well, you get the idea. It is not irrelevant in the greater black culture in the US today and has it's roots in the exploitation that the colonial countries of europe, in one of which I live, started 500 years ago. And in a country that has such wonderfull organisations as the KKK it's hard for that trauma to dissipate, as it would naturally if there were healthy racial relations in the US.

Getting over racism is a bilateral effort, with the black people stop seeing the white people as a threat and reacting violently and the whites stop being one while acting violently. Then perhaps everyone can look at each other and see people.

Which car is better, a white caddy or a black caddy?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I don't need a blowhard like Rush Limbaugh to tell me what I was thinking the other night. N.O. was in chaos and needed a SUBSTANTIAL amount of federal help. It appears that we are still paying for it! I do NOT see the same kind of mobilization in the wake of this devastation! Rather than shame N.O. we should study the proud people of this massive flood to see were things went RIGHT and apply that knowledge to future misfortunes!

Yes, I do believe that people ARE trying to make this a race issue!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

Excuse mr.moderator, no offense intended but I believe you are letting your emotions get the best of you.
You are located in the NE of the country. Eric is in LOUISIANA, if he says that he knows people that witnessed these things why not give him the benefit of the doubt? You are basing your belief that it didn't happen on what other websites say.

just my 2 cents.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Grendel39

It isn't a race issue, everyone seems to forget that the hurricane also devasted Mississipi in a worse way than New Orleans, the demographics are the same so why wasn't Missisippi a total disaster like New Orleans? THE QUALITY OF THE PEOPLE IN CHARGE AT THE TIME

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

The KKK is a small, insignificant organization that means absolutely nothing. Blacks have equally retarded groups, as do all other races.

The color of a car doesn't make it better than the same car of another color. It's all about the buyers preference.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
reply to post by Grendel39

It isn't a race issue, everyone seems to forget that the hurricane also devasted Mississipi in a worse way than New Orleans, the demographics are the same so why wasn't Missisippi a total disaster like New Orleans? THE QUALITY OF THE PEOPLE IN CHARGE AT THE TIME

Right this is what I have been asking WHEN DID ANYONE MENTION RACE. No one has it was thrown in there which is what people do when you cant debate the issues. There were whites in New Orleans just like there were whites in Mississippi. The fact is the heartland the people have different character but Mississippi wasnt crying for the government help as much as New Orleans.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Right this is what I have been asking WHEN DID ANYONE MENTION RACE. No one has it was thrown in there which is what people do when you cant debate the issues. There were whites in New Orleans just like there were whites in Mississippi. The fact is the heartland the people have different character but Mississippi wasnt crying for the government help as much as New Orleans.

From the OP's source:

Thanks to a C&Ler that emailed me much of this post. Limbaugh is an arrogant ideologue that loves Howard Kurtz and hates the black victims of NOLA. Don’t you understand, it was all their fault for not escaping Hurricane Katrina! Wake, up! You drive by media fools. They were lazy, lazy people that deserved their fate. If only they were white and responsible. Just listen to this horrific rant as Limbaugh is all ‘agush‘ with admiration over the way in which Iowa and the Midwest has responded to the flood disaster that befell the area last week. But to just congratulate the residents in their determination and courage in fighting the disaster isn’t enough for the AM talk blow hard. Limbaugh could not pass up the opportunity to once again trot out his old, well known disdain for poor blacks in the south who were victims of Hurricane Katrina in 2005. To hear Limbaugh describe it, Iowa is more American, more honorable … you know … more white than Louisiana.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

Mr. Moderator - nice ring to it...

It's not about what 'other websites say', it's about the quotes contained in the articles.

If you read the information, you would see that the then-Chief of Police, a Police Captain, a spokesperson for the Department of Health for the state, a National guard responder, a FEMA spokesperson, and a number of other people WHO WERE THERE are saying it was all a bunch of nonsense.

To Hell with my emotions, the FACTS speak for themselves. Eddie Compass didn't resign because his terror-stricken reports of mass rape and murder were correct, he resigned because he made an ass of himself on the national stage by taking a completely untrue worst-case-scenario story and running with it.

Remember that account of the sheriff who called the national guard and said he was pinned down by a sniper in his office? Rubbish. The national guard responded and it turned out it was a relief valve on a gas storage tank.

Let's hear it for the paranoia of stupid people.

If you read the articles, and the statements contained therein, and still want to take the word of the brother in law of an ATS member, that's your decision, but it makes absolutely ZERO logical sense.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Before anyone rebuilds a flood ravaged town, they should be required to backfill the site to the flood level. It seems like they are just asking for it to rebuild towns below the level of adjacent flood plains.

After Katrina I really thought the people from New Orleans were from another planet. Some of them came here after Katrina and ruined properties donated for them to live in. I would much rather go through a flood in Iowa, than with the folks in NOLA.

[edit on 6-19-2008 by groingrinder]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Those are not Rush's words, in fact it is difficult to discern which words were spoken by Rush and which words were put inot his mouth by the column writer. Maybe finding a transcript of Rush's rant would help. I am not a paying member of his site so I can't get it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join