It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh Compares Katrina Victims to Iowa Victims!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
SIGH!!! On page 11 with the quotes. I should tell you to go look it up yourself since I already said that's were the quotes are but nonetheless...

en.wikiquote.org...

** SIGH **
Sorry, but Wiki is a dubious source at best. All they have there is a link do some dudes book who quotes Rush. That is not the actual transcripts. Rush provides transcripts for all his shows. Why would I believe some dudes book? All this guy is doing is supposedly quoting Rush with no context and no link to the actual transcripts. Sorry, but this guy seems to have a beef with Rush so without proper documentation, it's worthless.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I don't find many of those quotes humorous at all and I have a very well developed sense of humor.

Whatever. If you actually read what I posted they cite the source right under the quote.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by grover]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Whatever. If you actually read what I posted they cite the source right under the quote.

And if you would actually read, there 'source' is some dudes book who only has the same quotes you posted with no context to the quotes and no link to the actual transcripts so I can see for myself. Sorry, but I am not going to take someone else's opinion or interpretation without seeing the context of the quote or the transcripts for myself.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Some of the sources cited in my post:

Newsday (8 October 1990)
The Los Angeles Times (6 July 2000)
Chicago Sun-Times (1 October 2003)
the LA Weekly (9 October 2003)
As quoted in 101 People who are REALLY Screwing Up America (2006) by Jack Huberman
As quoted in 101 People who are REALLY Screwing Up America (2006) by Jack Huberman

And yes the last two are by someone critical of mush but ya know given lawsuits these days stuff like quotes are pretty well vetted especially if they come from a high profile person like loosebowels.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by grover]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Some of the sources cited in my post:

Newsday (8 October 1990)
Chicago Sun-Times (1 October 2003)
the LA Weekly (9 October 2003)

Look, your only source is Wiki. The article in Wiki is only using as a source, the book by the guy they mentioned. What you listed above such as the los angeles times and the rest are only citing the same dude. And this guy on quotes Rush with no context or links to documents supporting his case. Smells funny if you ask me.

It's really funny how the left and liberals will use anything to help further their case even when the source is dubious and doubtful. They ignore facts and call it proof.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
You grow tedious.

mush loosebowels has a bad track record of racist remarks whether you want to accept it or not.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Links to Rush limbaughs Racist comments....with recordings from his show:

www.snopes.com...

www.rushlimbaughonline.com...

thinkprogress.org...

news.aol.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

You grow tedious.

mush loosebowels has a bad track record of racist remarks whether you want to accept it or not.

Okay, so what? I'm not here for your enjoyment.

You are the one who wants to ignore facts. And the facts are there is NO proof of Rush making any racist comments. You may wish it with all of your liberal stoned cold heart but sorry charlie, there is no track record and it's just not true.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

What's your point? I did not hear anything racist.

Instead of using video's and the words of other people, please tell me in your own words what you believe is racist then we can discuss it.
So tell me, what did Rush say that you think is racist? Once you tell me, then we can have a conversation.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
There is no racism here. Its just a change in the type of people we are dealing with. They call the midwest the backbone for a reason and that is the people. You have good hardworking people who dont complain who even though are poor are happy with their lives. They dont look for government handouts they look to be treated just like everyone else. How do I know? Im from Iowa.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Apples and Oranges.
Most of the people of New Orleans didn't loot, rape or whatever. That was isolated instances that the media spread all over TV for ratings.
I went through the storm in Bay St Louis, MS (ground zero), with my family and ten feet of water under us. Everyone has their own reasons for not evacuating. If I had it to do again, sure I'd go. We live and learn.
I learned alot from that storm and even more since. It effected us all differently. The place & the people will never be the same, but life goes on.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

If you did not hear anything racist in those video's or see it in any of the transcripts which I was asked to provide then I simply will not be able to convince you of it when it is right there in plain site. I have provided what was asked and when I do it is ridiculed and said it is nothing yet it is plain as day.At this point there is no point convincing those that wont open their eyes and it is truly sad that in this day and age that racism is still strong in this country.I have to say at this point we will have to agree to disagree and leave it at that.

You have repeatedly asked myself and others for sources and when provided, then you claim to want to hear it in my own words. Um that is what I have been doing this whole thread and now you want to turn it again back to me again.Funny little circle you try to create.Don't think I don't notice this little game you are playing.Quite frankly you have provided nothing proving Rush is NOT racist.Why don't you provide some facts and links proving Rush is not racist.There the ball is in your court.

[edit on 6/22/2008 by CaptGizmo]

[edit on 6/22/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
1. In the rural parts of Iowa and Illinois that have been affected you have much less people affected that in New Orleans.

2. The individual is smart, calm, and collected. Even in small groups of 50 to 100. You get 1000's of people that become neglected by authority and our government and people will riot, loot, and steal from each other in order to survive.

3. How many deaths have occurred due to the flooding in Iowa? Do they see their neighbor's bodies floating down the street? How many are trapped in a football stadium with the stench of feces due to no longer working toilets with food running out, fresh water on short supply and no response from the government.

4. How many doctors are being forced to decide who lives and who dies due to the rising flood waters and lack of electricity.

Shall I state more...

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by eric52081

You didn't hear anything from Iowa, but we will hear from New Orleans AGAIN when all that water reached the mouth of the Muddy-Sloppy river. Stay tuned for further developments!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

CaptGizmo, this story was on Front Page of this Sunday (22 June, 2008) Washington Post. "3 in 10 Americans Admit to Race Bias"

This, unfortunately, in reference to the presumptive Democratic nominee for President, Barack Obama. (Column 5, front page....the DISTRICT & MARYLAND Edition, 'The Washington Post', 131st year, number 200 according to their header.

Deeper into the paper, same issue, and not sure where....there is an article about the rise in 'hits' on right wing nutjobs' websites....especially the so-called 'neo-nazis'.... or dare I say it, the dreaded ultimate nuts, the 'KKK'. This does not bode well.......

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Not pay...honesty.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
From this link:
Racism and the Calculus of Comparative Suffering

In New Orleans, residents were kept from escaping, literally forced back into the city by armed police from a neighboring community. Nothing like this has happened in Iowa.

In New Orleans, relief agencies like the Red Cross were prohibited from entering the city, thanks to an order from the Department of Homeland Security, which feared that the provision of relief would delay evacuation. In other words, the suffering was heightened deliberately by government order, as noted on the Red Cross website, as early as September 2, 2005. Nothing like this has happened in Iowa.

In New Orleans, those stuck in the flood zone (tens of thousands in all) were herded into the Superdome and Convention Center, where there was no air conditioning (at the hottest time of the year in that city), no food, and little or no water. When those who were trapped (and who would wait for three full days before any serious assistance arrived) tried to get to the food in the pantries of the Convention Center (food that would have gone bad or been written off anyway), they were met by guns, pointed at them by members of the National Guard, who warned them to "step away from the food or we'll blow your #ing heads off." Nothing like this has happened in Iowa.

In New Orleans, there are very few escape routes out of the city, as anyone who has spent much time there can attest. The only artery capable of handling a significant number of vehicles is Interstate 10, heading west or east. In the Midwestern flood zones, there are far more escape routes, far fewer people to get evacuated, and the flooding was a slow and steady process, unlike the rapid inundation in New Orleans, which happened quickly after the overtopping of inadequately constructed levees.

In New Orleans, according to data in the 2004 and 2006 American Community Surveys, conducted by the Census Bureau, residents were about four times as likely as their Iowa counterparts not to have access to a vehicle that could facilitate their escape from the flood zone. Whereas more than 21 percent of New Orleanians were without access to a car at the time of Katrina, only 6 percent of folks in Black Hawk County (home to hard-hit Cedar Falls, Iowa) and 5 percent of those in Linn County (home to flooded Cedar Rapids--the biggest city affected by the latest deluge) were carless. To put the importance of not having a vehicle in stark terms, 38,000 households in New Orleans, comprising approximately 100,000 people, were without a car, and thus, unable to flee on their own.

But perhaps the most disturbing aspect of the Limbaugh and like-minded screeds has been the speed with which they have descended into the pit of racist myth in order to bash the people of New Orleans once again, much as they were doing in August and September of 2005. To wit, the repeated references to looting, rapes, murders, shooting at helicopters and other assorted mayhem by New Orleans' black folks, nearly all of which claims have been discredited as utterly false, almost from the time they were first concocted.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Typical divisive hatemongering served up in a little ribbon dont make it any less vomitous.
The comparison is ludicrous.
The rural setting for the breadbasket states disaster leaves them well equipped to deal with much that those in NO could only retreat from.
the city had no resourses to cope with such widespread disaster......
At least the iowans have much better and more well distributed tools to deal with it.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by eric52081

Limbaugh: I want to know. I look at Iowa, I look at Illinois—I want to see the murders. I want to see the looting. I want to see all the stuff that happened in New Orleans. I see devastation in Iowa and Illinois that dwarfs what happened in New Orleans. I see people working together. I see people trying to save their property…I don’t see a bunch of people running around waving guns at helicopters, I don’t see a bunch of people running shooting cops. I don’t see a bunch of people raping people on the street. I don’t see a bunch of people doing everything they can…whining and moaning—where’s FEMA, where’s BUSH. I see the heartland of America. When I look at Iowa and when I look at Illinois, I see the backbone of America.

This man is right I havn't seen any looting or crime or any complaining from the good people of Iowa so why did they complain in New Orleans when katrina hit. This really drives a point of mine home thats for sure. Here is a link to the website.

www.truthfighters.tv...

[edit on 19-6-2008 by eric52081]

yes me too i'm agree with that man of what he says

yes the cops have to do something about it

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by eric52081

Limbaugh: I want to know. I look at Iowa, I look at Illinois—I want to see the murders. I want to see the looting. I want to see all the stuff that happened in New Orleans. I see devastation in Iowa and Illinois that dwarfs what happened in New Orleans. I see people working together. I see people trying to save their property…I don’t see a bunch of people running around waving guns at helicopters, I don’t see a bunch of people running shooting cops. I don’t see a bunch of people raping people on the street. I don’t see a bunch of people doing everything they can…whining and moaning—where’s FEMA, where’s BUSH. I see the heartland of America. When I look at Iowa and when I look at Illinois, I see the backbone of America.

This man is right I havn't seen any looting or crime or any complaining from the good people of Iowa so why did they complain in New Orleans when katrina hit. This really drives a point of mine home thats for sure. Here is a link to the website.

www.truthfighters.tv...

[edit on 19-6-2008 by eric52081]

The key difference is the people in Illinois and Iowa were doing something about their situation, where as, for the most part (at least on TV), the people in New Orleans just let themselves be helpless victims. The year before Katrina, we had back to back hurricanes in Florida and we did not have the problems of New Orleans, because we were told to "be prepared to be on your own for 3 or 4 days" and we were.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join