It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh Compares Katrina Victims to Iowa Victims!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Limbaugh: I want to know. I look at Iowa, I look at Illinois—I want to see the murders. I want to see the looting. I want to see all the stuff that happened in New Orleans. I see devastation in Iowa and Illinois that dwarfs what happened in New Orleans. I see people working together. I see people trying to save their property…I don’t see a bunch of people running around waving guns at helicopters, I don’t see a bunch of people running shooting cops. I don’t see a bunch of people raping people on the street. I don’t see a bunch of people doing everything they can…whining and moaning—where’s FEMA, where’s BUSH. I see the heartland of America. When I look at Iowa and when I look at Illinois, I see the backbone of America.

This man is right I havn't seen any looting or crime or any complaining from the good people of Iowa so why did they complain in New Orleans when katrina hit. This really drives a point of mine home thats for sure. Here is a link to the website.

www.truthfighters.tv...

[edit on 19-6-2008 by eric52081]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by eric52081

Limbaugh: I want to know. I look at Iowa, I look at Illinois—I want to see the murders. I want to see the looting. I want to see all the stuff that happened in New Orleans. I see devastation in Iowa and Illinois that dwarfs what happened in New Orleans. I see people working together. I see people trying to save their property…I don’t see a bunch of people running around waving guns at helicopters, I don’t see a bunch of people running shooting cops. I don’t see a bunch of people raping people on the street. I don’t see a bunch of people doing everything they can…whining and moaning—where’s FEMA, where’s BUSH. I see the heartland of America. When I look at Iowa and when I look at Illinois, I see the backbone of America.

This man is right I havn't seen any looting or crime or any complaining from the good people of Iowa so why did they complain in New Orleans when katrina hit. This really drives a point of mine home thats for sure. Here is a link to the website.

www.truthfighters.tv...

Uhh huh. Wheres all the looters ? wheres all the cops stealing from department stores ? oh thats right, they are on the front line doing their jobs to the best of their ability...

Wonder what the difference is ? pay ?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Why do you say the difference is pay? It is called work ethic. Let's be polite about this and say that people in NOLA don't have any. People in Iowa make the same amount of pay but, they also took their job because they want to do a service.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by eric52081]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I dont agree with Rush much but I agree here. It just goes to show you a difference in people. These people are all banding together and helping themselves and New Orleans sat back and did nothing but cry for the government. Great post and star and flag for you.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The diference is 1) You have a more rural setting with smaller communities that have more personal relationships and less concentrated damage per square mile, 2) You don't have so much of a population that was victim of racism and has a collective trauma and an understandably negative view of the white population, 3) these people weren't abandoned for days in an urban setting and left to their own devices while the police promptly defended the richer population and restricted access to aid while cadavers were floating, 4) you don't have white supremacist morons in new orleans spreading the feel good factor to other white supremacist morons.

And average income, not just of police but everyone, might have something to do with the state of affairs to.

Stop these nonsensical polarizing thread that serve no other purpose than to throw salt into old wounds.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by Zepherian]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Katrina was a 7 or 8 out of 10 on a destructive scale.

Iowa is about a 2.

I have been through Iowa kind of floods and they are not nice, but they are nearly as destructive as a hurricane.

Katrina was a storm that brought shock and awe. New Orleans was cut off from help and help did not arrive for over a week or more. (to some longer) The Katrina people, including the police, just got hungry and needed to eat.

Rush is doing his radio show for ratings, money and prestige. (not that I am against him or anything)

So if you are trying to get any sort of truth out of Rush's radio broadcast it is going to be a very lopsided truth, at best.

Enemies of truth.-- Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies.
Nietzsche's Human, all too Human

[edit on 19-6-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
Katrina was a storm that brought shock and awe. New Orleans was cut off from help and help did not arrive for over a week or more. (to some longer) The Katrina people, including the police, just got hungry and needed to eat.

The folks in NO also got bored, so they needed TVs.

The folks in NO also got dirty, so they needed new clothes.

Why pay for things like that when you don't have to.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

Scale isnt that big of an issue to me as much as its adversity. Character is really shown in times of adversity. The fact is the people in Iowa and Illinois were out putting sand bags trying to prevent the flood they saw coming. New Orleans people had several days notice and did nothing. Size of town means nothing except it should of been all the more people out there that could of been working. The people in Iowa arent raping, looting, killing, or anything like that no they are all banding together for the common cause of survival.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
And why blame them for that? They were in the middle of chaos just trying to survive. What happened happened and the insurance companies should pick up the tab. If I were caught up in that hellhole and freezing cold, the last thing I would be doing is trying to find the store owner to pay for the coat I need. People in NO lost everything, and with the absence of aid for days of course they needed to ignore normal law and order to survive. Normal law and order ignored them...

This thread is infested with mildly disguised racism and no common sense.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by eric52081

I was agreeing with you until this...

And NOLA is a mostly black community and I wonder if that has anything to do with it also????

This shouldn't become RACE thread, you might stick to it being geographical or just NO as one entity rather than going with one side or the other.

I am sure there wasn't only people of color doing the deeds when the levee broke.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

People in New Orleans also had a warning and a chance to get out. They refused to leave. They even had buses go through the city to pick up people that didn't have any transportation. Oh and Cool Hand forgot to mention when these people get bored they rape and murder innocent victims. They raped and killed many people just in the Super Dome. And the others that were in the Dome just watched and did nothing to help them. Im sorrry I have no respect for them. And by the way I went through hurricane Rita so I have a little experience on this whole matter. Even the people that they evacuated from New Orleans were very violent people and they would steal just about anything they could. There are still stories of people that evacuated Katrina that refuse to work and only want shelter and free food. That is insane to me. They need to get off their butt and work for a living.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Did anyone read the source material? The thrust of it is at the end:

Nevermind that more than 1700 human beings lost their lives on live television as America watched in horror. You don’t hear progressives saying that Iowa is any less devastating because the death toll in those floods was a total of 5. It is still a tragedy. And progressives understand that full well.

But according to Rush the story of Iowa under water isn’t a story about humans over coming adversity. It’s a story about how much more patriotic the white bread basket is than the lazy south.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Talk about blatant stereotyping! Isn't it easy to broadly paint the illict acts of a few upon the whole of New Orleans.

Leave it to Rush to stir up a little race-baiting. Apparently his strategy of appealing to the lowest denominator works.

[edit on 6/19/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
And why blame them for that? They were in the middle of chaos just trying to survive. What happened happened and the insurance companies should pick up the tab. If I were caught up in that hellhole and freezing cold, the last thing I would be doing is trying to find the store owner to pay for the coat I need. People in NO lost everything, and with the absence of aid for days of course they needed to ignore normal law and order to survive. Normal law and order ignored them...

OMG Because the people in NO didnt have to rape people and shoot people to survive. They didnt need to rob jewelry or big screen tvs. Instead of worrying about survival they were worrying about what kind of shoes they were going to steel. Notice I dont mention grocery stores because I would be robbing grocery stores if I had to to survive but all this other crap was unnecessary and shows character. Some people in IA lost everything too. There is no aid in Iowa as of today and this flood has been going for a week. You can spin it any way you want it just shows the difference in character. The people who want the government to do everything for them and the people who are more self reliant. Plain and simple as that.

Also I dont think anyone has mentioned race there was white people in NO doing the same thing. It shows you character. You are just putting it on race because that is the first thing you people do when you cant debate the real issues.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian

The folks in NO were given way more warning than the folks in IA and IL, had they spent the time preparing or evacuating this would never have been an issue.

Instead they were idiots and stayed in place, and then whined and cried when the federal government didn't do the state govenment's job and save them.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
In fact in my NOLA and much of the south they have Hurricane Parties. They get totally hammered and ride out a hurricane for the fun of it. And since I know what kind of partying they do in NOLA i figure most of them just didn't take it too seriously. I bet they will next time thats for sure.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The impact of this disaster will be felt long after the water receeds.... This is the bread basket of America folks... Things won't go back to normal when the land dries up... In many cases, it is too late to replant and with our stocks of grains at an all time low, there is nothing to replace what has been lost... Where do you think the food you gorge yourselves on comes from... It doesn't magically appear at the whim of the gub'mint.... Its not like money.. you can't just push a button and the press puke out $100 bills... no.. it comes from hard work and substantial investment of capital.... NO amount of food stamps and gub'mint assistance will work at MikeyDs or Burger King when the graineries are empty and there are no cattle in the feedlots... whatcha gonna do then?

We can only look to the example of the good folks in NO after Katrina... TAKE IT!!! The fable of the ant and the grasshopper instantly comes to mind... Those who have prepared and taken the initiative to look out for their family will become the victims of the robberies and rapes and murders... Without the "tit" of the gub'mint to suck off... rest assured they will TAKE what you have with impunity... 4th and 5th generations of welfare recipients can't fend for themselves... no matter what color they are...

My father was a simple dirt farmer but even in the rough times... we always had food on the table and clothes on our backs and it wasn't from the gub'mint.... His motto was "Prepare for the worst and hope for the best" and make sure you are stocked up on Beans, Bullets and Bandaids...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by eric52081
People in New Orleans also had a warning and a chance to get out. They refused to leave. They even had buses go through the city to pick up people that didn't have any transportation.

You are wrong about that. The problem was they had buses and didn't use them.

In the days leading up to Hurricane Katrina, hundreds of buses were sitting in bus yards, some less than a mile from the Superdome. Louisiana Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco commented, "The buses could have saved an estimated 20,000 people if they had been used for emergency evacuations which President Bush had declared two days before Katrina hit.", however the evacuation was ordered by Mayor Nagin, President Bush having no direct authority to order evacuations. Thursday, after the storm, Blanco by executive order used school buses for evacuation.

Controversy over whether New Orleans Mayor failed to follow hurricane plan

You know I find it funny how you quote the part you agree with, but the article is actually criticizing "the AM talk blow hard" Limbaugh for his comments. Talk about selective reading.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I will agree that murder and rape is unnecessary.

River flooding can be predicted are at least some level of it suspected by watching the rain and conditions upstream. Hurricanes are also watched but landfall predictions are not extremely accurate many times outside of 12 to 24 hours. The folks in NO didn't know that levees would be failing and would allow the city to flood. Maybe it should have been expected.

When Rita followed it was to hit near my place on the coastal bend of Texas, my neighbor actually sent his family to stay with parents in east Texas, about 200 miles aways. Rita changed and hit at that east Texas area and we didn't even get rain here. So much for predictions and evacuations for that one.

Actually had it been on the original course many people were set up for a big hurt due to the people being told to leave the Houston area. They were all over the highways, out of fuel. One huge mess that by some blessing didn't turn ugly.

I do agree that IA folks are doing the right thing and showing what people should be.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The differance is that people in NO had no idea the levees would break. The people in Iowa did. Yes in New Orleans they had ample warning, but let's remember this was a low income area and most people didn't have transportation to get them out. And those that did spent 15 hours or more on the highways trying to get out! Some of them ran out of gas doing so. So the poor went to a place they were TOLD to go. The superdome. And what happened? Days without food or water, children sick and dying due to dehydration and those that wanted to leave to seek help for their children were told they could not leave. This would drive ME as a mother to kill any ADULT in my way. I would kill ANY ADULT to save my child. Did they have to rape, no they did not, but those in the superdome were under circumstances that you and I could never imagine!

Let me put it to you this way. I'm not worried if I give too much info on where I live. Here's the deal. I too live in the bread basket. I live in an affluant suburb of the Kansas City metro area. If we flooded on the scale of New Orleans, I mean the whole city plus the suburbs and rural areas, here is what would happen. Downtown KC and the "hood" would errupt in mass looting, riots, rapes, murders, etc. The suburbs would have mild looting due to teenagers but not really any other crime and not by adults and the rural areas would behave just like those in Iowa. That's the facts folks. I dare anyone in Kansas City to deny it! This is the heartland of America, but there are still bad people here.

Comparing farmland in Iowa to a major urban city like New Orleans is like comparing apples to aliens. YOU CAN'T!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join