It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Headed Frog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   

With six legs. Some childeren found it. However this could really be the result of some pretty nasty ground contamination. Whatever it is, it is pretty sick!

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Probably the same thing that cuases the 6-8 legged frogs, that virus that causes thier cells to start over durring development.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Looks like 3 frogs on top of eachother to me..

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by Catfish]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catfish
Looks like 3 frogs on top of eachother to me..

You may be right..

The BBC news item, Puzzle over three-headed frog (originally titled "'Warning' over three-headed frog") spawned this story that swept the news media and the weblog circuit over the week following March 5th 2004. Briefly: staff and pre-school children at the Green Umbrella day nursery, Weston-super-Mare, UK, found the above. After they'd taken photos and a video, it escaped. The BBC took up the story, citing one of their own wildife experts, biologist and presenter Mike Dilger, as "stunned" and saying "it could be an early warning of environmental problems" (they published the same factoid in their CBBC Newsround children's section). From there, the tale snowballed to newspapers worldwide.

Three-Headed Frog.....Not!

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
A frog orgy! Now, are these adolescent frogs or adult frogs? I love a good frog orgy but I'm not into pedofrogophelia...

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
it does look like 3 separate frogs....but you would think someone picked it up and verified it was just one before writing an article for the bbc on it.

freaky frog was probably just a genetic accident kinda like how we have 2 headed babies and such.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Could be just some good photoshop work too.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
There was actually a video of this on all the major news (uk) too. It is real, not photoshopped, and it is all 1 frog.

ID

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   

After they'd taken photos and a video, it escaped.
May I ask how? This think looks as though it can barely function let alone "escape." If this is truly one frog you have to wonder how it goes through life, how is it able to eat, what form of multiple sets of organs does it have, and how does it perceive the world around it? Very strange indeed, thank you for the find William.

Also does anyone know where I might be able to view the video?

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by ID]

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
With six legs. Some childeren found it. However this could really be the result of some pretty nasty ground contamination. Whatever it is, it is pretty sick!

Holy $hit that is messed up. Ive never seen anything like it.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I think it isnt fake... If its a Photoshop its a damn good one!

It is possible for frogs to get severe mutations, and this could have happened lots of times, because frogs are very non-resistant to external factors.
But the fact that it has survived puzzles me... Because it doesnt look like a 3-double frog, it looks like a giant frog with 3 heads and 3 pairs of legs.... Its internals should be all messed up too.
But hey, one in a thousand with workable organs maybe?

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
looks like three frogs getting it on. Sick and ahhhh its just sick .
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. bad forum thain esh sickelch

top topics

join