It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exxon, oil giants prepared to sign no-bid oil deals in Iraq.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Exxon, oil giants prepared to sign no-bid oil deals in Iraq.

thinkprogress.org

Exxon Mobil, Shell, Total, and BP — are in the final stages of “talks with Iraq’s Oil Ministry for no-bid contracts to service Iraq’s largest fields.”

The no-bid contracts are unusual for the industry, and the offers prevailed over others by more than 40 companies, including companies in Russia, China and India […]

There was suspicion among many in the Arab world and among parts of the American public that the United States had gone to war in Iraq precisely to secure the oil wealth ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Well this is no surprise but it is ONE more piece of evidence of the crimes committed by the Bush administration. How so, you ask? Because it shows that our invasion had other motivating factors.

Based on Bush's past actions, specifically his catering to the Big Oil, this seems like it is right out of his, or Cheney's Secret Energy Task Forces, play book.

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Damn I thought Operation Iraqi Liberation (O.I.L) was obvious enough.

Besides the fact Bush, Cheney, and even Condoleezza have ties to oil companies. Heck, Condoleezza has a oil tanker ship named after her.

Yeah it's safe to say the war in Iraq was for oil. It's also safe to say the administration should be prosecuted. All the money they spent, and all the lives they are responsible for killing, could have gone to better things like ALTERNATIVE FUEL SOURCES.

The Bush admin, will always be a failure. It doesn't matter if they got Saddam out, or secured oil. None of that is worth lives!!!!

[edit on 19-6-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
You know something though I am totally against the war and HATE Bush but you know something we SHOULD get to do this job. It is our people fighting and dying over there and it is US who are spending the billions to do it. Totally agree its cronieism at its finest and we all know why we went over there that is no secret but there is no way the Chinese or Russians should get that contract if it is our people and money being used over there.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Not a single Iraqi soul asked America to invade, they did it off their own bat.

Don't whinge now that they have to spend a huge wedge of money doing it.

The oil belongs to iraqis and the iraqi government, not GW Bush and his facist chummers.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
2 wrongs make a right, eh? xD

Dammit... well, I guess now the US ain't gonna leave Iraq alone.
One thing I find curious is that they wanna deal with an American company with the dollar being so low. That alone should raise suspicion.
But I guess it's hard making decisions with a gun against your head :|

[edit on 19/6/08 by flice]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
reply to post by mybigunit

Not a single Iraqi soul asked America to invade, they did it off their own bat.

Don't whinge now that they have to spend a huge wedge of money doing it.

The oil belongs to iraqis and the iraqi government, not GW Bush and his facist chummers.

Cant agree with you more but from the article it doesnt say anything about Iraqi oil companies bidding on the job. It just says Russia, China, & India and they shouldnt get those contracts. Trust me this war was for nothing but oil and is wrong and hopefully Bush will be charged but if we went to war for oil and spent all this money & lives for it then we should at least get the oil. I also think we need to get the hell out. The true mission was accomplished at this point we got what we went there for.

new topics

top topics

join