It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those that have seen UFOs – What is you Background?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I am interested in hearing from people that believe they have seen a UFO, preferably more than once. When I say UFOs, I mean the craft (eg flying saucers) that are possibly piloted by alien beings or are entities from other dimensions and most likely not military craft (such as seen near Area 51).

The reason I am asking is that from various readings and watching multiple videos on the subject many people who have seen UFOs, especially on multiple occasions, have talked about how they are (or were) into new-age philosophies, into the paranormal or believed in some sort of spirit or higher being.

So are you a new-ager and heavily into your meditation such as James Gilliland? (Or perhaps you’re heavily into your medication? – sorry just kidding).
Perhaps you are into the occult, witchcraft, paranormal, majik, Satanism etc, etc.
Perhaps you have had some missing time experiences and believe you have been abducted. If so what is or was your spiritual background if any?
Perhaps you are a Mormon?
Some Christians believe that UFOs are demonic entities or (fallen) Angels, whereas some new-agers believe that they are ET’s from another planets with a spiritual message to tell and others believe that they may not be from another planets but from other dimensions. Many multiple UFO witnesses do have a background that seems to stretch further than the theory of evolution (of course not always so I am generalising here). I am simply trying to get some sort of idea about what people believe(d) in when they encounter(ed) UFOs.

Therefore I would especially like to hear from those that actually believe that something is ‘out there’ or believe that we exist more than simply in our physical body.
Of course some will swear that flying saucers do not exist (eg are weather balloons, hallucinations etc ) and others will say that they are all military craft (derived from the Nazis or Tesla) but I would prefer to hear from people who believe that UFOs are extra-dimensional/extra-terrestrial.
Whatever your experiences or beliefs, feel free to add a comment anyway.

When you saw these craft how did you feel? Scared? Exhilarated? Enlightened? Confused? Something else?

So….if you have seen ‘UFOs’ can you please share your experiences and (spiritual/philosophical ) background if any? Thanks

edit: grammar

[edit on 19-6-2008 by cams]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
People from all walks of life see them. What you are finding statistically is those that are not afraid of what society thinks are the ones more likely to admit openly to what they saw.

I am not a new ager I am not anything. I don't like labels and if you label me you would be limiting your view of who and what I am.

Everyone is unique. I have NO beliefs. I am always seeking knowledge but I do not have anything I steadfastly believe.

Yes I have had a strange life, filled with experiences that are not accepted as normal in society for the most part.

I do not know why. I did not choose for these events to occur in my life nor did I choose to have certain abilities. They are just there. Most of the time I ignore them.

My odd experiences trace all the way back to 4 years of age which is a far as I can remember. Was I a new ager/occultist at 4? Was I a paranormal Kook? I was just me. A child.. like any other.. with different experiences than most.

Thats all.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I have seen a UFO more than once but the last time I did it was upclose and there is no denying what it was.
My background was at the time a non practicing Catholic (was raised Catholic). I was 32 at the time of the last encounter. I believe in God and have felt most my life that ufos and aliens do exsist.
At the time of the last encounter...before I even saw the UFO...I could hear a steady pulsating humming in my head..how I knew it was just in my head I don't know but it was. When I saw it I was in awe..I could only stare at it. Couldnt even wake up my husband because I was affraid it would be gone if I looked away.
I belive in God, but I don't believe in religion.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Well my background is lots of heavy drug use, followed by periods of psychosis, followed by periods of believing I was God, followed by periods of I Love Lucy marathons, followed by aliens and spaceships and potato time travel devices.

Followed by big breasted Jessica Albas spiraling into infinite oblivion.

oh and cats are pigs and sheeps are dogs and thoughts are made of lincoln logs. At least, that's what the old man said.

Ahilk!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I'm fairly interested to see the replies myself.

Personally, I identify myself Pagan with no set doctrine, code, rule, God, creed or structure. Things that are, are. Things that aren't, aren't. I am open minded towards all views and opinions while not necessarily being a a believer.

I myself have seen UFO's. Once in middle school while sitting out in the school yard sitting on a hill, it flew back and forth and changed it's directions dramatic and rapidly. It was too high up to distinguish it from an airplane but by the speed, directions and rapid elevations levels made me think perhaps it was other worldy.

Second event happened ending high school driving back from the cottage with my family. It was a disgustingly beautiful starry night and I was looking for constilations whilst on our way home. I noticed something coming closer to our car and then when it got to be about the size of a M&M held at arms length and then followed us at a steady level a fair distance. I brought it to my fathers attention and he stopped the car and it also stopped with a short delay, and then proceeded when we did. I could tell my father was worried and my mother was asleep so he drove faster until we reached Toronto.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Thanks for your responses.
So far we have someone who has experienced weird things since childhood yet has no beliefs, a former non-practicing Catholic who does believe in God, a Pagan with no set doctrines/creed etc and apparently a former heavy drug user who could be a part-time comedian.

Perhaps very few members of ATS have actually seen UFOs but if they have may not wish to share as they do not like being stereo-typed such as NephraTari (I don't particularly like to label people either but sometimes it may be necessary just to narrow things down or indeed dispel a theory altogether).
Perhaps I should have included atheist as well and we may have had a few more comments or maybe it is that few really care and simply believe this is a stupid thread.

Oh well. I was hoping for more responses so I suppose I'll just have to go back to my previous ideas that only a lucky few will ever get to see UFOs and it doesn't matter what their background is or was.

Thanks again to those who took their time to reply, especially those who actually seemed interested.

[edit on 21-6-2008 by cams]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I was agnostic when I saw my ufos. (now leaning to the spiritual)

Bit of a stoner (you don't see big triangles in the sky when you're stoned) And basicly had no belief system,of structure to my life. After my 3rd sighting,I now meditate. But I'm not sure if it's related.

top topics

join