It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Ratifies EU Treay (Treaty of Lisbon)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

UK Ratifies EU Treay (Treaty of Lisbon)

news.bbc.co.uk

The UK has effectively ratified the EU's reform treaty - despite the decision by Irish voters to reject it.

A last-ditch Tory bid to delay the process for four months was defeated by a margin of 93, and peers later gave the EU Amendment Bill a third reading.

Royal Assent is expected within 24 hours, as EU leaders are set to meet in Brussels to discuss the crisis caused by the Irish "No" vote.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
They kept this vote quiet! It's been ratified effectively, and is now just waiting for Royal ascent (approval).

The people of the UK have been denied their democratic right.

During the Lords debate four protesters were removed from the public gallery after voicing their demands for a referendum.

This country has big problems - if this is democracy, I'd hate to see what Europe want.

If you wish to read the text of the Treaty of Lisbon, visit this link:

eur-lex.europa.eu... /JOHtml.do?uri=OJ:C:2007:306:SOM:EN:HTML

(remove the space between .eu and the /)

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-6-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
What does it mean for the UK? I think this article sums it up.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The rape of England by the EU has begun........

The Tories have issued a St George's Day rallying cry against plans by Brussels to "wipe England off the map" and create a United Europe.

As Gordon Brown hoisted the English national flag over 10 Downing Street to celebrate St George's Day, it was revealed that EU officials had revised a map wiping out the country and the Channel.

The change splits England into three and lumps those parts together with chunks of other countries to create "transnational regions".

With the queen set to approve the so-called EU Amendment Bill by pronouncing the Norman French formula "La Reine le veult" over the document today, the treaty will become British law around 10:00 local time, ahead of the EU meeting this afternoon.

euobserver.com... The Queen is a traitor.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk.../opinion/2008/06/19/do1904.xml

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

Prime Minister Gordon Brown has ruled out a public vote on the treaty, saying it does not alter the UK constitution. A UK Constitution which is based on Common Law and Acts of Parliament, notoriously never penned down as one physical document, now faces the existence of such a piece.

www.neurope.eu...

Just out of curiosity, how many people believe this statement?

I personally don't know whether to laugh or cry at that statement. I wouldn't trust anything that Gordon Brown says. His credibility is already non-existent.

www.freerepublic.com...

Traitors - I no longer recognise the head of state, our treacherous Queen or Gordon Brown's authority. From this day fourth, I declare myself independent. Bring on the revolution.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by kindred]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The 'EU' is nothing but a gravy train for politicians only, funded, as as always, by the people who want nothing whatsoever to do with this politically fabricated monster.
Every action on the part of politicians in this direction, has been utterly without the CONSENT of a single voter, it is completely illegal in the hearts and minds of the vast MAJORITY of British People.
Sadly,
Horsegiver.
ps,
A relatively small handfull of unseen/unknown[by the electorate] criminals are stealing entire countries as part of a very obvious plan to take over the entire World.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Here in America, it was always my impression that this entire exercise in 'Unions' is about money and consolidating markets and commercial law for the purpose of profiteering without having to engage local and national customs and protective laws. Needless to say it creates a super 'class' of business concerns who's rights and privileges supersede those of the people, which were traditionally represented and protected by their 'state'.

In plain American English, "It's about the money!" Extracting wealth from the citizens becomes exponentially more profitable when the corporate voice is the prevailing power ruling the state, which seems to be the case with the EU. Especially since liability for wanton profiteering is virtually eliminated.

Do any of you feel this is about something other than that?

That the Queen herself is amenable to the notion seems incongruous. After all, you are her 'subjects,' even if only in tradition, and your welfare and national sovereignty shouldn't be amenable to influences that have little or nothing to do with the UK per se. Is the Queen going to speak to this 'approval' or give some comment on her reasoning, or is she not obliged to do so?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

If it's anything like in DK the British queen is only for show and tell. Her signature on a document is a formality.

Britain is not the only country to have their rights stepped upon. I'm just surprised that none of us are radically opposing this whole thing in the streets. Why aren't fighting for our rights like our parents and grandparents did in the 60s and 70s?
We have become slobs that can type very fast but lost the strength to carry a banner

It might just be all about the money. You make a sound and reasonable point. But you must also agree that in this day and age with technology being so advanced the possibilities for further and more intense control are quite broad.
Once they have the control of the monetary part of EU and rid of the idle troubles that the current version today causes them. they will crush us finally with an iron fist and then toss the necklace around our necks.
We will not be subjects to a queen, but to a capitalistic government that we didn't bother fighting against when we had the chance.

Sovereignty is dead... long live sovereignty.

top topics

join